Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - HISTORIC LM Replicas: Champions: Siggers, Harsk, PimikiFinished 

Do you have a PS4?

• No and planning to switch to PC, XBox One or retire (please let me know approximately when).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bought myself a new old starlet this week. 38,67 euros. 100.000 km on it. Isn't to bad.
Wouldn't have mattered if the engine was gone for that price, would have bought it anyway. :D
DSC_0387.JPG

No problem Lex thought I didn't but that happens let two through but must have miss judged you speed.Hope you not too upset m8 ;).Max

Round 11 Rome - Race Impressions

A few rounds back we tried heavy damage at Red Bull Ring and I thought it worked very well. The idea is to get us all to drive more carefully and increase the intensity and realism of the racing experience. I had decided to try the heavy damage again on the last two rounds of the series with the intention of then making a decision on whether to run with it for the next series (although it may not be used at long tracks like Nordschleife). With it being near Christmas I hadn't had time to practise, but thought I knew the track well enough not to need the driving line. In the first race I got away safely, but unfortunately was unable to avoid an out of control car - I think it came round and clipped me in the side so I limped round for almost a whole lap before pitting for repairs. Within a lap or two I had a faster driver behind who must have braked later than me - I do tend to be rather cautious on the brakes - my friend @Dr P Grunfelde has always said I drive like I'm going to the shops! I had to visit the pits again for repairs. I then became preoccupied with thinking about damage, future series etc etc and pretty soon I had crashed twice more at the ninety degree right hander and visited the pits twice more. A race to forget except for the reminder it gave me of the need to concentrate - if I had been in a real GT40 I would definitely have been on my way to hospital or worse.

As a quick aside - anyone who hasn't read Duncan Hamilton's autobiography "Touch Wood" should do so immediately! He regains consciousness after a racing accident and finds himself in a dark operating theatre, surrounded by Nuns with a large man with a huge glowing cigar leaning over him - the ash of his cigar about to drop into Duncan's open chest cavity. Duncan quickly learns that there is no electricity because his racing car struck a pylon. There is no Anaesthetist or Nurses because most of the hospital staff went to watch the race! The surgeon continues to smoke throughout the operation while the Nuns pour whatever alcohol they can find into his mouth to dull the pain.

Fortunately I was unhurt by my offs apart from bruised pride.

For race two I resolved to concentrate and got away cleanly - I found myself behind Eran's white Ferrari Dino (Porsche replica). I tried to produce consistent lap times and keep Eran in sight, but he began to pull away and my times were very inconsistent. Bloodyboyblue was behind and I managed eventually to pull away from him in the slower Corvette C2 (Bondurant Guldstrand replica). The race was very enjoyable with the constant tension and fear of knocking a wall and damaging the car raising my heartrate and I was happy with my sixth place finish.

For race three I knew 25 minutes might seem like a long time and focussed on getting away cleanly and lapping safely - I found myself behind Eran's yellow Sir John Whitmore replica. I tried to produce consistent lap times and keep Eran in sight, but he began to pull away. My Serenissima replica (Jaguar) was handling beautifully courtesy of its @praiano63 suspension tune. I thought that Eran's Ford would wear out its rear tyres and the race became very exciting in the final laps as we started to get closer each lap. If only I could have concentrated harder and not lost a couple of seconds during those middle laps I might have been in a position to pass - but that's racing both real and simulated - a story of ifs, buts, mights and maybes, but only the final results count.

I was very pleased with my 6th place behind Eran and in front of Harsk and particularly pleased to be only 43 seconds behind the leader (who I know to be one of GT Planet's best) after over 25 minutes - an improvement on the previous races.

A special word is due for SimbaLora who qualified on pole in race one and set some very fast lap times and also came 4th in both race two and three.

Although race one was awful with four trips to the pits, two self inflicted I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting overall and felt that the heavy damage worked well adding something extra to the racing experience. It was nice to welcome @TNR_KING_FILO to the series - hopefully he enjoyed the race and will stay with us.

Results

Race 1: 1st Siggers, 2nd Lex Lathor, 3rd Flaco, 4th Maximusmonster
Race 2: 1st Harsk, 2nd Lex Lathor, 3rd Siggers, 4th SimbaLora
Race 3: 1st TNR_KING_FILO, 2nd Siggers, 3rd Flaco, 4th SimbaLora

Championship Points (After 11 rounds and prior to deduction of two lowest scores)

1967 Round 11.jpg
1966 Round 11.jpg

Interview with Tarnheld

Another in our series of weekly interviews - this time it is the turn of Tarnheld to be in the spotlight. I am intrigued that he has a convertible as it is one of my fantasies to have a classic four seater open car in which to share the joy with family and friends - perhaps a Triumph Stag a Vitesse or an Alvis. Please clear up the mystery and let us know which one it is Tarnheld or post a photo!

1. What is the secret behind your speed?

It's a secret to me too! I don't consider myself fast, but I think learning from practice with a bunch of likeminded racers and enjoying what you are doing makes you a better racer step by step. And there is always more waiting to be mastered...

2. Do you use a wheel or controller?

I use a wheel, bought it a couple of months into GT6. First it took a while to get used to but I think it takes the immersion to a whole new level.

3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?

I use a G27 attached to a Wheelstand Pro and sit on a comfy couch in the "work room" while racing. It's really stable and easily stowed away.

4. How many hours per week do you practise?

I don't practise much, aside from doing TTs where I really get to know a track. Other than that I mostly do online races -- jumping into the action right away, about 6h a week.

5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?

I have only a basic grasp of tuning that i learned at your races mostly. I finally understood transmission tuning but downforce and especially suspension settings are still a mystery to me.

6. How long have you been playing GT?

I'm a GT rookie as i started and got hooked by GT6. Sometimes I feel it's better because I don't know and miss all the goodies of the previous iterations -- for me GT6 is the best GT I played, honestly.

7. How old are you or is that private?

I'm 36.

8. What does your family think of your hobby?

My better half thinks it's a complete waste of time, but I think she accepts it and is happy that I'm not into tightrope walking or going over waterfalls in a barrel...

9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?

We bought a convertible this summer, lovely to cruise around in the countryside.

10. Do you drive fast in real life?

I'm a relaxed driver, but you got to go with the flow on the Autobahn...

11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?

I'd blow it on some vintage italian roasters, but I can't decide which one: Fiat or Ferrari Dino, Maserati Ghibli, Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider, Lancia Aurelia Spider...

Merry Christmas.jpg

Next Round: Deep Forest Reverse - Round 12 of 12
Don't miss the final round - there are still enough points up for grabs for big changes in the championship tables - good luck and merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:
Next Round: Deep Forest Reverse - Round 12 of 12
Don't miss the final round - there are still enough points up for grabs for big changes in the championship tables - good luck and merry Christmas to all!
Thanks Sick.

Anyways, in 1966 Sports Car Cup, I still have a chance to get the GT40 title. If I win the final race, then I would have 156 points and if Lex would have at least 6 points from the Deep Forest, then I probably have won the 1966 Sports Car Cup GT40 class and 2nd behind Siggers. 👍

But I won't expect this to happen because as you see, I'm not in very much mood for the victories anymore. I'll try to have good races from now on, as I have started to enjoy racing since the Zahara Race. 👍
Anyways, I wish you Merry Christmas and Happy new year for Everyone not just from World Classic Racing Community, but also for GTPlanet community! :cheers:

I'm looking forward to participate in more series organized by you, Sick. :D

At the Race 1, I accidentally have crashed into @XK50, as I hadn't time to adjust my line and I had to go to pits, but I have still managed to win the class and 5th overall.

At the Race 2, I gained 3 positions and I was behind @Manasseh257NSX . But I was surprised when he got disconnected and handed me over the win. I have finished 04.688 seconds ahead of Lex.

At the Race 3, it was harder for me, because not only just for @TNR_KING_FILO 's win, but also I have hit the wall when I was running 2nd overall which dropped me to the 9th overall. In that time, Lex had parked his car to the pits.
But I have still managed to recover 1 position thanks to a great battle with @Pimasz .

Well, for the 1966 Sports Car Cup, I need to win the next race to be crowned as a GT40 class champion, but I think that I have guaranteed the GT5 class title. 👍

Anyways, I'm looking forward to do the future races. Anyways, I may have my presence limited because I'll race on GTP Sports Car Series and will deal with my rally championship responsibilities, but I will try to do every race that I can on WCR. 👍
That crash of mine was totally my fault, I didn't realise how bad heavy damage was! I had taken a little hit to the rear of my car, went to turn the corner the back completely gave way I nearly saved it but went gently into the barrier head on, you had no time to react! I think it was just wrong place wrong time!

If you saved the replay could you please send me a picture of my car tracking round the corners it looked so weird!

I look forward to racing with you all next week!

Last edited:
I may well start a bit of controversy but it keeps popping into my head, will this series move to PS4 or PC? Let me know on your thoughts as I am thinking of buying either a gaming PC or PS4, the only reason I wouldn't buy a PS4 is because most wheels don't function correctly with them and PCs can be upgraded saving money and time having to buy a new console.

I'm also planning to buy a PS4 and GTSports, but I think that I'll use a DS4 like I use on PS3. On PS3 races, I always have used a DS3 Controller.

I may well start a bit of controversy but it keeps popping into my head, will this series move to PS4 or PC? Let me know on your thoughts as I am thinking of buying either a gaming PC or PS4, the only reason I wouldn't buy a PS4 is because most wheels don't function correctly with them and PCs can be upgraded saving money and time having to buy a new console.
Look at the poll at the top. ;)
We are looking forward to the new GT.

Thanks Sick.

Anyways, in 1966 Sports Car Cup, I still have a chance to get the GT40 title. If I win the final race, then I would have 156 points and if Lex would have at least 6 points from the Deep Forest, then I probably have won the 1966 Sports Car Cup GT40 class and 2nd behind Siggers. 👍

But I won't expect this to happen because as you see, I'm not in very much mood for the victories anymore. I'll try to have good races from now on, as I have started to enjoy racing since the Zahara Race. 👍
Anyways, I wish you Merry Christmas and Happy new year for Everyone not just from World Classic Racing Community, but also for GTPlanet community! :cheers:

I'm looking forward to participate in more series organized by you, Sick. :D
I'm also planning to buy a PS4 and GTSports, but I think that I'll use a DS4 like I use on PS3. On PS3 races, I always have used a DS3 Controller.
Since you now have learned that the experience gained from a nice race with good battles and clean driving exceeds that of the self-implied pressure from an over-ambitious intention to aim for a victory why don't you take this as an occasion to dust off that wheel of yours and try to get to equal pace as you do with the DS3? You will of course take some time to achieve it, but the increased realism in your driving, once done achieving, will more than make up for all the effort. Pretty much every ex-Controller user that upgraded to a wheel will agree. Just giving it out to you hoping you might think about it. Merry Christmas to you and everyone here and all of gtplanet.

Since you now have learned that the experience gained from a nice race with good battles and clean driving exceeds that of the self-implied pressure from an over-ambitious intention to aim for a victory why don't you take this as an occasion to dust off that wheel of yours and try to get to equal pace as you do with the DS3? You will of course take some time to achieve it, but the increased realism in your driving, once done achieving, will more than make up for all the effort. Pretty much every ex-Controller user that upgraded to a wheel will agree. Just giving it out to you hoping you might think about it. Merry Christmas to you and everyone here and all of gtplanet.
Thanks for advice, Flaco. But I don't think that my Thursmaster Ferrari wheel is supported in GT6.

I am intrigued that he has a convertible as it is one of my fantasies to have a classic four seater open car in which to share the joy with family and friends - perhaps a Triumph Stag a Vitesse or an Alvis. Please clear up the mystery and let us know which one it is Tarnheld or post a photo!

I'm afraid i'm not ready to own and maintain a classic and as it is our only car rationality lured us into choosing something more mundane: a 3 year old black Audi A3 Cabriolet, and it even has the infamous 2L diesel in it. :eek::ouch::rolleyes::lol: Yeah i know, i'm such a moron, but diesel is cheap here...

It's our first venture into open-top fun and so far we love it! But we only occupy the front seats, in the back the turbulence gets pretty strong (so i heard). You'd better place only hardcore cabrio fanatics there, it's not the place for your parents (depending your parent's inclination to wear leather helmets and aviator goggles :mischievous:).

Merry Christmas to all of you, see you all on the final round on 27th December! :cheers:

I'm afraid i'm not ready to own and maintain a classic and as it. D our only car rationality lured us into choosing something more mundane: a 3 year old black Audi A3 Cabriolet, and it even has the infamous 2L diesel in it. :eek::ouch::rolleyes::lol: Yeah i know, i'm such a moron, but diesel is cheap here...
You bought that thing in summer so unless you work as an engineer at VAG you couldn't know about the defeat-device.

Last edited:
You bought that thing in summer so unless you work as an engineer at VAG you couldn't know about the defeat-device.

It's a real shame, baffles me why they pulled that off, but they will reap what they sow. I hope that the right heads have rolled and it will teach them some humility.

But enough of that, it's Christmas and i wish you all a good time with your family and friends! :cheers:

Tommorrow it's the moment of the truth. We'll see if Lex or I will take the GT40 class title, but there is a chance of Lex taking the overall title ahead of Siggers.

Here are my calculations which I did for my championship

Regarding about the 1967 Three Ten Cup, there are 4 candidates for overall title: the GT3 drivers Pimiki & Lex and the GT40 drivers, Siggers & Manasseh.

For @bloodyboyblue winning the GT5 title, he needs to finish 1st or 2nd place overall in next 2 races, otherwise, the title is for me! :D

For me getting the GT40 class win title, if I finish 2nd with 20 points, then Lex must have no more than 1 point from the race. But If I win the last race (25 points), then, he must not score more than 13 points (4th position), as the result would be: Harsk would win the GT40 class title by 2 points ahead of Lex (154), as he would have two 4-point scores dropped and I will have no scores dropped as I had missed the first 2 races.

Siggers has already have won the title, so, Lex cannot win the overall title unfortunately.

Anyways, good luck for the championship fight tommorrow, guys. Especially you, Lex. 👍

Final Round - 12 of 12 from Deep Forest Reverse - Today 27th December

I won't comment on the possible champions in each category, but as Harsk has said there are a range of possibilities - good luck to all. I don't know how many will be attending today, but due to the festive season it may not be a full room - I will send a message via the Playstation to reserve drivers regarding any spaces. Hopefully we have good races with as full an attendance as possible.

I recently read A J Baime's excellent book "Go like Hell" which tells the story of the 1966 Le Mans race and what lead to the great rivalry between Enzo Ferrari and Henry Ford the Second. In the book he says that Ford commissioned Honeywell Controls to make the most sophisticated engine and transmission test rig for the Ford 427 engines. This was incredibly expensive and at the absolute limit of what was possible with the technology of the time. I found this wonderful film of the test rig for you to enjoy all these years later!

Ken Miles did laps of the La Sarthe circuit at racing speed with instrumentation fitted in the passenger area of his Ford Mark 2 - the engine revs, gear position and all possible factors were recorded using oscillographs. Each of his actions were then precisely reproduced on the test stand. When you listen to this film clip you are hearing a precise replica of one of Ken Miles laps including every gearchange, every throttle blip on every downshift - you can hear the incredible precision of his driving which was known for its fluidity and smoothness.

Unlike a normal engine dyno the Ford system couples the engine to its gearbox and a separate dyno is connected to each axle - this enables the complete engine and transmission including the limited slip differential and driveshafts to be tested. For the sake of reliability two complete Le Mans cycles were run I.e. 48 hours - later during their battle with Ferrari, Porsche ran their engines on test for four complete Le Mans cycles i.e. 96 hours!

I thoroughly enjoyed this old film and I hope you do to - I can imagine ken Miles putting in those countless thousands of test miles to develop this car and now thanks to the film I can hear the precision of his driving!

Good luck in the final round to one and all !!!

Latest Posts

Back