Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
:lol::lol: Thanks. You too! :cheers:
was thinking when got that lap, that its close what you had. Was really close :lol:
Did test your tune for rear susp and rear wing.
Did slight mod for it. Rear swaybar to 1
I also had front shock comp 56 and rebound 90. Front sway at 9.

Thanks for modifications :cheers:, i immediately did again my personal record. Update, you did to the setup are excellent. 👍

i try to determine which modification have bring more added value . For me , it seems the Rear swaybar set to 1. Car is more stable and I can accelerate more easily without loosing the rear. So i keep it and continue my tests.
Finally i break the 46s barrier with this setup :gtpflag:and with @oooMaXimumooo gear box 👍

upload_2021-2-2_23-43-0.png

Decided to have a go at the Tomohawk TT last night. Nope, I'll just silently take the back exit. I can control this car, I have a sub minute time (57secs) at Brands in it and used it in several offline races. This track is just not made for it. Too bumpy. Any thought of power and she goes around. So after several attempts to get it over the line to just start a lap I spun it out of T1. Quit after that.

The one thing I hate about Group C cars in time trials is how every user with a shifter i.e. a clutch gains a massive advantage from much shorter shift times. Quite literally pay-to-win lol.

Why can't we bind a clutch button to the controller or a button on the wheel?... Why can the default shift time for H-pattern racecars be avoided with the use of a clutch and shifter?...

The one thing I hate about Group C cars in time trials is how every user with a shifter i.e. a clutch gains a massive advantage from much shorter shift times. Quite literally pay-to-win lol.

Why can't we bind a clutch button to the controller or a button on the wheel?... Why can the default shift time for H-pattern racecars be avoided with the use of a clutch and shifter?...

But no use of clutch is daily races where it should be allowed.

Thinking up 2 new combos every 2 weeks is too much work for PD it seems. I sure do hope this is not the trend going forwards.

The difference only matters if you're gunning for that #1 spot though. Let's say each shift gains you 0.01 second. In the daily race C a few weeks ago we had the same combo and I counted 19 upshifts, so it would only make ~0.2 second of a difference over a lap. With a Group C it would be less because it only has 5 gears, and you're more likely to hold a higher gear through a corner because the gears are so long anyway. Driving with the h-shifter is also a lot harder coordination wise (esp during downshifts). I know that if I use a shifter, I would actually end up slower than paddles because I lose more time during corner entry phase fumbling with the clutch/shifts, than I gain on acceleration.

If you're really that concerned though, lifting off the gas while upshifting does make the gear shift delay a bit shorter. Not as fast as using h-shifter, but definitely easier to do ;)

I think what is happening here is that PD is putting more effort into GT7.

Can't fault them for doing that, but surely they can spare one guy 10 minutes every 2 weeks thinking up and setting up the TT events? It's not the most time intensive effort but at least it gives something to the community. Or better still they can just write a script to randomise this. With the amount of cars and tracks in the game even if we have weekly TTs we still wouldn't run out of new combos for many many years...

337 cars x 76 layouts (excluding rally) = 25,612 combinations

If we have 2x time trials that changes every day, we would run out of combos in... *drum roll* ... 35 YEARS :lol:

But yeah, that's too hard for PD.

Can't fault them for doing that, but surely they can spare one guy 10 minutes every 2 weeks thinking up and setting up the TT events? It's not the most time intensive effort but at least it gives something to the community. Or better still they can just write a script to randomise this. With the amount of cars and tracks in the game even if we have weekly TTs we still wouldn't run out of new combos for many many years...

337 cars x 76 layouts (excluding rally) = 25,612 combinations

If we have 2x time trials that changes every day, we would run out of combos in... *drum roll* ... 35 YEARS :lol:

But yeah, that's too hard for PD.
If PD spare one guy 10 minutes every 2 weeks for GT Sport TT events, then GT7 will get further delayed and we don't want that to happen.

Last edited:
If PD spare one guy 10 minutes every 2 weeks for GT Sport TT events, then GT7 will get further delayed and we don't want that to happen.

Highly unlikely in a company of their size. And the guy setting up the TT events, are unlikely to be involved in product planning and car/track modelling for GT7 (which would make up the bulk of GT7 development time). His or her main job is probably setting up the daily races, FIA races, TT and MiEx items list. So he doesn't really have anything to do with GT7 until it's released anyway.

Highly unlikely in a company of their size. And the guy setting up the TT events, are unlikely to be involved in product planning and car/track modelling for GT7 (which would make up the bulk of GT7 development time). His or her main job is probably setting up the daily races, FIA races, TT and MiEx items list. So he doesn't really have anything to do with GT7 until it's released anyway.
All staff for GT7 and that I think is why we get 1 Time Trial every 2 weeks from now on, but I hope it's not the case mate for GT Sport.

Last edited:
So, here's my two cents for the current TT to gain here or there some time. I'm about 4 seconds behind the top guys. This is what I fiddled out so far...

First: At the beginning of each try. Don't touch the throttle until the Start-Finish-Line. You will waste the electric power of the Audi.

Second: Eau Rouge goes full throttle. Even for a DS4-Player like me. This gained the most time for me.

Third: As always, slow in fast out.... easier said than done. That's my current problem to get it all together in a single lap....

Last edited:
I've been having a go at this without using the META, taking the Gr1 car that's been used least distance each time I have a go. So far I've used the Peugeot L750R, the Alpine VGT, and McLaren VGT.

Peugeot I managed a low 2:01:1XX but I think think more time I could easily knock 0.8-1.0s off that time. It feels planted and stable but didn't feel like it has the legs to challenge to top spots.

In the Alpine I only managed a 2:01:8XX and again I think I could knock some time out of that, but not a lot really. It's slow on the long straights, but it can break really late - need to learn the braking points in it and I think it could maybe slip under 2:01 in my hands.

Just had a bunch of laps in the McLaren this morning, half of which were shocking. Very unstable and difficult to control at times, but feels much quicker than the Peugeot. I got a time just under 2:01, but only just. I think with some more laps under my belt I could get that under 2:00 once I learn the throttle control and best lines for it.

In these three sessions I've learned a lot about the track, and particularly three sections of the track where I can make or lose a lot of time.

Firstly Eau Rouge. The line through here is so crucial and getting the first turning point spot on makes such a difference to your lap time.

Then Bruxelles and turn 11, where I've managed to find over 1s on a couple of laps.

Then finally Stavelot to set you up for the run to the final chicane. Just getting the right exit to get a good bit of speed out and into 16 makes a massive difference!

I'll keep working through my Gr1 cars each time I have a go. I'm never going to challenge the top of the leaderboard so it's just fun learning the circuit and different cars at the same time!

Not completely sure but i think same happened in the past with gt6 , some months before GTsport, PD proposed only one tt event instead of two
I think they went from 2 weeks to 4 weeks and they where repeated Time Trials back then my friend.

Hi @v8_pursuit I like the R18, but I am way behind your good time at the moment, and my sore back is way better now. Now I can spend heaps more time playing GT Sport, than just spending a short time playing every day because of my back.

I think they went from 2 weeks to 4 weeks and they where repeated Time Trials back then my friend.

Hi @v8_pursuit I like the R18, but I am way behind your good time at the moment, and my sore back is way better now. Now I can spend heaps more time playing GT Sport, than just spending a short time playing every day because of my back.
Keep going mate. You're usually a bit faster than me. Without the back-issues you should get me in a couple of days. :cheers:

Back