UPDATE: Gran Turismo Sport's Next Update Arrives May 30, With Goodwood Circuit

• Thread starter Lebowski
  • 396 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next track update just leaked it will be the short layout of PD's parking lot,expect many FIA races on that track.

:lol:

I was thinking what would make me return to GT Sport.

- daily workout finally no duplicate
- weekly challenges with cash and cars to win
- more exciting new cars

But this boring Goodwood Circuit (short and boring)....

Damn and not even some cars attached to it.
Most of the DLC were car ports anyway from GT6 so why not porting some more.

Only good aspect - its free.
But damn its boring :yuck:

Jesus, some of you guys have no knowledge or appreciation for the history of the sport. Take a look at any track prior to the mid-late 80’s. Fast, flowing circuits where the norm. The introduction of chicanes ruined many great tracks.

Goodwood is one of the best circuits in the UK. We’re fortunate to have this gem preserved in real life and recreated digitally.

I think the update is changed to the 29th. Or maybe a typo. :confused:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1113898.html

At the following time, we will perform maintenance on the 'Gran Turismo Sport' servers. A new game update will also be available after the maintenance. Please note that during this time the online services, including [Sport Mode], will not be available.

[Day & Time]
May 29, 2019: 21:00 – 23:00 PDT
May 29, 2019: 04:00 – 06:00 UTC
* The above time is subject to change.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Time zones. Us in the America’s usually have the update dropping the night before the official “date” of the update, as it’s generalized for European time.

What has gotten into some of you? The Goodwood circuit has been in the cards for a while and suddenly half the community acts like it's the worst imaginable thing. Sure, it's not the best track out there but let's just drive it first.

Some cars would have been preferable, but their absence for now could suggest a June update isn't far away.

Pops into thread.....”Hmm, I wonder if some people are still incessantly whining about free content releases?” Ah yes, now I remember why I usually avoid these threads. I certainly understand that we all don’t like the same cars or tracks so some will be disappointed, but some of the complaining really is taken to ridiculous levels, especially for FREE content. Smh

What has gotten into some of you? The Goodwood circuit has been in the cards for a while and suddenly half the community acts like it's the worst imaginable thing. Sure, it's not the best track out there but let's just drive it first.

Some cars would have been preferable, but their absence for now could suggest a June update isn't far away.

You cant please everybody thats for sure.

I dont feel too exicted for this update but its better than nothing to be honest.

I think the last update wasnt that great... effectively 5 cars and half a dozen league events.

I'd much rather Silverstone than Goodwood but if its a track and enough included events and features then fair enough.

Pops into thread.....”Hmm, I wonder if some people are still incessantly whining about free content releases?” Ah yes, now I remember why I usually avoid these threads. I certainly understand that we all don’t like the same cars or tracks so some will be disappointed, but some of the complaining really is taken to ridiculous levels, especially for FREE content. Smh
Maybe they've expected too much..

I am looking forward to Goodwood, i'm just curious on why no cars are gonna be added in this update maybe something big is on the way?
I really hope that they do add something big... Another category would be nice

People need to stop complaining about free updates. 18 months after release we are still getting free updates.I for one am very happy.
You can't say that about many games, which is rather sad actually.

Not to fussed with the track. It's what changes in game I'm interested. Let's see those BoP changes.

I can't list them all becouse they are so many.
I know about lotus. And i never said anything about them. A few e.x here that are really lacking no

Corvette C5 or c6, Lexus lfa, Ferrari F12, 599,
Dodge challenger hellcat, lancer evo lx, 3000 gt, shelby gt500 13, tvr carbera speed 12, Jaguar xj220, new Ford gt, Ferrari 488 gtb. And so Much more i could not possible list them all or expect all to come, but its so far from good, hopefully gt7 will have a better list. I would rather see Fia gone so more focus can get to the cars and tracks, Fia is one of the reasons we don't have upgrade parts anymore

it's funny how you listed those cars. TVR cerbera speed 12 especially. It almost sounds like a forza fan is here to stir a pot with factually lacking misinformation. if you understand the meaning of gran turismo sport and it's purpose then you would understand that it's not there to compete with forza on tuning level at all. its here to set level field for competitivie racing instead of RWD converted v12 mark 2 golf. I miss tuning from previous gran turismo but this title isn't your previous gran turismo either hence the Sport name in it's title. I do agree more cars would be useful but so would more tracks at this point

Last edited by a moderator:
I think those here saying Goodwood isn't much of a track to race on, will be quite surprised when they get their hands on it.....It's an epic little track, with fast sweeps, and many off camber corners to challenge you.....Real old school stuff, and no 500 metres of tarmac runoff in sight like these crapping modern day circuits, if you make a mistake, you're in the boonies!! :D

I really can't understand why anyone would complain about getting a new track in the game, for free!!! :dopey:

It'll be a track to break out the older cars there of course, and a few of the newer ones too! ;)

#TheHamsterIsRubbingHisPawsInExcitement!

I know nothing about game development but didn't PD say that the car models in GT Sport are modeled to the point that it's possible to render them in 8K. Future proof, so to speak?

Why would the team of developers working on cars have to switch their focus to the next GT title? Wasnt the point of making them future proof supposed to allow PD to give them to us in this game as well as have them ready for the next title in the series?

I keep seeing speculation that they've moved on, so to speak. It doesn't make any sense to say that.

Comments?

1. The historic Goodwood Motor Circuit makes its debut.
・Goodwood Motor Circuit
Total Length, 3,809m. Elevation Change, 10m. Number of corners, 7. Longest Straight, 514m.

Located in the suburbs of Chichester in Southern England, the Goodwood Motor Circuit is a historic racing course that has hosted many illustrious race drivers and legendary vehicles. It encircles Chichester/Goodwood Airport, and unlike many modern circuits, is surrounded by idyllic scenery. Goodwood is considered a high-speed course, featuring a number of fast corners. With plenty of flat-out sections and a good mix of elevation changes, there will no doubt be plenty of dramatic racing moments at Goodwood Motor Circuit.

2. The following 11 rounds will be added to GT League:

Beginner League
Two additional rounds will be added to the MINI Challenge.

Amateur League
Two additional rounds will be added to the Nostalgic Car Festival.
Two additional rounds will be added to the Supra Legend.
Two additional rounds will be added to the Super Formula Championships.

Professional League
Two additional rounds will be added to the F1500 Championship.

Endurance League
One additional round will be added to the Porsche Cup.

The circuit looks very nice in the images. I'll watch the trailer when I get home.

This morning I was thinking the update comes today but it clicked that it's tomorrow. Thankfully I am off. A new circuit in GTS and map in BFV on my day off... Nice.

New "vehicle" is leaked in the trailer :bowdown:

informe_piperPA28.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back