UPDATE: Gran Turismo Sport's Next Update Arrives May 30, With Goodwood Circuit

• Thread starter Lebowski
  • 396 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
2. The following 11 rounds will be added to GT League:

Beginner League
Two additional rounds will be added to the MINI Challenge.

Amateur League
Two additional rounds will be added to the Nostalgic Car Festival.
Two additional rounds will be added to the Supra Legend.
Two additional rounds will be added to the Super Formula Championships.

Professional League
Two additional rounds will be added to the F1500 Championship.

Endurance League
One additional round will be added to the Porsche Cup.

Ah, i really wanted to try the very expensive cars in actual race with the Nostalgic 1979 event, bummer.

Trailer got that sweet music like always, props for whoever makes these videos!

"No new cars???"

Ouch. Give the team a break, we all don't know how many hours they're working everyday and how difficult it is to model the cars.

Most of the cars are just ports from Gran Turismo 6 ;)
Only some of them were made from scratch.

The amount of entitled whining in this thread is just biblical :lol::lol::lol:

It's absolutely crazy and unfathomable how this sub-forum went from "OMG Yes PD give us moar Toyotas and Porsches Kaz ur da best :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:" just a month ago, and quickly devolving into "Kaz you lazy 🤬 I can't 🤬 believe this I 🤬 payed moneh for this 🤬 game ur full of 🤬 and so is ur entire staff y'all are lazy 🤬 pigs u useless pieces of 🤬 " :banghead:

The hype was so intense last month that the brakes on the hype train were essentially ripped off. Now the brakes are still gone, but this time the engine was put in full reverse. Also, whatever happened to the March updates? Yes, UPDATES. Plural. Two updates in a single month (that's a very impressive achievement), and now it's just magically forgotten.

I have this opinion:

We all play GT Sport and we have to pay the games full version. After that we did not pay anymore, it is nothing. We get free updates. Get cars, some new tracks.
I can't say, that the cars are good or bad, because you may like them or not.

But everytime I see there is a new update I am happy to try something new.
It is more important to have a good penalty system implemented in a update than just some cars. There is no advantage to drive a new car with a penalty system nobody likes.
(I know it is not easy to create a real penalty system)

Looks like the infield of this track is completely open like Willow Springs.

upload_2019-5-29_11-39-2.png

The amount of entitled whining in this thread is just biblical :lol::lol::lol:

It's absolutely crazy and unfathomable how this sub-forum went from "OMG Yes PD give us moar Toyotas and Porsches Kaz ur da best :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:" just a month ago, and quickly devolving into "Kaz you lazy 🤬 I can't 🤬 believe this I 🤬 payed moneh for this 🤬 game ur full of 🤬 and so is ur entire staff y'all are lazy 🤬 pigs u useless pieces of 🤬 " :banghead:

The hype was so intense last month that the brakes on the hype train were essentially ripped off. Now the brakes are still gone, but this time the engine was put in full reverse. Also, whatever happened to the March updates? Yes, UPDATES. Plural. Two updates in a single month (that's a very impressive achievement), and now it's just magically forgotten.

It's unfathomable that people can resort to such hyperbole simply because others have a differing opinion.

Confirmed by our forum as well:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gts-vs-gt6-cars-comparison.370800/

I really wish the people who clamour on about recycled content would give that thread a nice, long look.

Nothing in that thread confirms that the GT6 Premium cars have been remodeled from scratch. Models can be changed and updated.

Goodwood looks fun. I only got a glimpse of the circuit when I was there last September but I imagine it'll be better suited to lower-spec stuff. Which is just as good, since that's what I like driving more. Reminds me of classic Silverstone from AC, really.

It's unfathomable that people can resort to such hyperbole simply because others have a differing opinion.

If that bit is unfathomable to anyone, that's not my problem. All these free updates (granted they messed a few things up) and people still get disappointed when the car team is given a well-deserved break? Now THAT is unfathomable.

Digital debut?
Just because Gran Turismo does it, it's the digital debut. This track has been "digital" for a couple years now in a certain other title.
Alright.

I think you're taking it out of context. In all likelihood, the article is referring to Goodwood Motor Circuit's debut in the Gran Turismo series.

But... how fast this thing can turn? What about the acceleration? Fuel consumption? Tire wear?

What type of racing vehicle has seats on the back? This is madness!

"The Real Flying Simulator"...

InB4 the complaints when its put into the GR.X graveyard... :lol:

I think you're taking it out of context. In all likelihood, the article is referring to Goodwood Motor Circuit's debut in the Gran Turismo series.
As far as I'm aware, the Goodwood Motor Circuit is not an official inclusion in any race game at all. The only place I'm aware it appears is as a mod for Assetto Corsa - and as soon as you start including mods, all descriptive terms like "debut" and "exclusive" have very little meaning any more.

As far as I'm aware, the Goodwood Motor Circuit is not an official inclusion in any race game at all. The only place I'm aware it appears is as a mod for Assetto Corsa - and as soon as you start including mods, all descriptive terms like "debut" and "exclusive" have very little meaning any more.

Oh, I wasn't aware that the Goodwood Motor Circuit in Assetto Corsa was a mod. That makes its inclusion in the GT series even more special than I had previously thought.

Digital debut?
Just because Gran Turismo does it, it's the digital debut. This track has been "digital" for a couple years now in a certain other title.
Alright.
What other game is it in officially? Only other game I’ve seen it in at all is GT Legends as a mod.

If that bit is unfathomable to anyone, that's not my problem. All these free updates (granted they messed a few things up) and people still get disappointed when the car team is given a well-deserved break? Now THAT is unfathomable.

People wanting more cars in their car racing game versus someone making up quotes to belittle those that don't share their opinions.

Come to think of it, both are (sadly) not unfathomable at all.

(For the record, I should add that I'm completely fine with the lack of cars this month. :P)

Digital debut?
Alright.

Not officially.

I'm not really the type to attribute something to GT just because it's GT. Sorry.

All cars have been fully remodeled, confirmed by Polyphony.

Confirmed by our forum as well:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gts-vs-gt6-cars-comparison.370800/

I really wish the people who clamour on about recycled content would give that thread a nice, long look.

I did exactly that, and this narrative simply is not true. Even in that thread a majority of the cars you can see identical wireframe structures; they’re usually most visible around wheel arches, exhausts, and other surface edges. This simply doesn’t occur if an asset is remodeled from scratch. It’s certainly clear that many cars have received touch-ups, particularly in the head/tail lights and inner parts and detailing of bumpers, but that by definition not a complete remodel. It’s very telling that a significant majority of post-launch cars in GTS are identical models found in GT5/6.

I have no problem with “recycled” content if it’s high quality (which most GT5/6 premium assets already were), and in fact I’m glad to see it happen because we get to keep some great cars. Without it we’d have no* F40, XJ13, R18, A110... you get it, lots of cars. What I have a problem with is misinformation, which the “all cars are built from scratch” narrative demonstratively is.

*We wouldn’t necessarily be without the cars I listed, but having to remodel from scratch would have dramatically reduced the list of returning premiums from the last two games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back