UPDATE: Gran Turismo Sport's Next Update Arrives May 30, With Goodwood Circuit

• Thread starter Lebowski
  • 396 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
A fantasy race car driver enters a restaurant, Le Grande Tourismo - The Real Dining Experience. He orders SPAghetti.

“My apologies sir, we do not have SPAghetti tonight! The pasta machine is too expensive to operate!”

“I WANT SPAGHETTI DAMNIT!!!”

“We have the sauce ready to go, we just need to get our spasta maker fixed with the official parts and they’re soooo expensive! If we paid for the parts full price soon spasta would be too expensive everywhere and no one could have it. We’re really heroes if you think about it how we want you to.”

“Uhhhh ok, I’ll have the sea bass from the lagoona seca please. “

“Ohhhh, again, my apologies sir, we don’t have that dish either right now. There’s old suzushi and some monzacotti....but! The special tonight is Good ol’ British fish and chips. Everyone likes fish and chips!”

“Uhhhh, sure I guess. I mean....Fish and chips are ok. Not what I asked for or wanted, but I am grateful I get to eat something I didn’t particularly ask for and for no additional cost. Can I get something salty for these fish and chips? 918 sauce maybe?”

“Sorry sir, we let the toppings guys go home this month.”

Anyway, new track! Yay. It’s needed. I might try it instead of playing AC. Maybe.

I’ve never played other GT titles. What’s the fascination with Grand Valley and Autumn Ring? Are they seriously good tracks or are people living off nostalgia?
I've always traded consoles in each time I get a new one, but I've considered getting an original PS to be able to play the first GT again. Deep down I know it would probably seem horrible now, but at the time it was absolutely amazing. When it came out, I was sharing a flat with a friend from Uni, and we stayed up through the night playing it, we were so blown away by it. So yes, it's pure nostalgia wanting to be able to drive those tracks again, but is there really anything wrong with that? I'm not THAT bothered, though - it would be interesting to drive them again and bring back those memories, but not exactly life or death important.

I've got some ideas for the Volkswagen 1200...
vw-beetle-rvaughan-goodwood-28th-members-meeting-2641958-PPAXH4.jpg
D2DDBKmW0AAByix.jpg

bb54955b-5832-4e11-94ba-06336076e140.jpg

A fantasy race car driver enters a restaurant, Le Grande Tourismo - The Real Dining Experience. He orders SPAghetti.

“My apologies sir, we do not have SPAghetti tonight! The pasta machine is too expensive to operate!”

“I WANT SPAGHETTI DAMNIT!!!”

“We have the sauce ready to go, we just need to get our spasta maker fixed with the official parts and they’re soooo expensive! If we paid for the parts full price soon spasta would be too expensive everywhere and no one could have it. We’re really heroes if you think about it how we want you to.”

“Uhhhh ok, I’ll have the sea bass from the lagoona seca please. “

“Ohhhh, again, my apologies sir, we don’t have that dish either right now. There’s old suzushi and some monzacotti....but! The special tonight is Good ol’ British fish and chips. Everyone likes fish and chips!”

“Uhhhh, sure I guess. I mean....Fish and chips are ok. Not what I asked for or wanted, but I am grateful I get to eat something I didn’t particularly ask for and for no additional cost. Can I get something salty for these fish and chips? 918 sauce maybe?”

“Sorry sir, we let the toppings guys go home this month.”

Anyway, new track! Yay. It’s needed. I might try it instead of playing AC. Maybe.
See every one? If you want to complain about PD, this is a perfect spacimen. Get creative so we can all enjoy your posts. You still get to vent and get your digs in, but the rest of us don't suffer through tedious, repetitive complaints. Bravo, sir/madam!

As for the update, holding judgement till I try it. I always prefer more tracks to more cars. But since I only play sport mode now, most tracks are out of rotation so probably makes no difference. I hope it is good.

As I remembers it correctly, the 2.0 update to GT6 camera also by big surprise, at a moment the rumours were low.

I don't wanna jump to conclusions, or hype the upcoming update that much, but to me it deels like we could get a little bit more than it's suggested at this moment.

For example ; Kaz shared teasers with us with upcoming car updates in the past. So, 5, 6 or even 9 cars were waiting to be discovered (very fast sometimes), I can imagine they want to focus on the goodwood track for the new content, a new bunch of cars will work distractive to the Goodwood track.
And by the fast unveiling of the dark car teasing pictures, I personally don't see the value anymore for PD to share those teasers with us.

I won't be surprised we get a series of in game photo's (or trailers) of new cars just one day before the update is arranged. Less work for PD, same outcome.

And if I'm totally wrong with the above, I'll take Goodwood as a fun track, having fun with the classic Mini Coopers, that odd looking Plymouth thing or taking the Super Formula for a spin
:D

This track is copping too much hate. Seriously. Why am I not surprised? We haven't seen this track being put into any other game, unless you count mods that people have created which probably aren't that accurate. A first-party studio throwing it's resources behind such a classic circuit, unchanged for 60 years, is brilliant. Hardly any tracks have been preserved in a consistent state for soo long. Spa has great history but the current layout has only been used for 9 years and has been flogged into many other racing games, so I don't find it as amusing. Getting a good old-fashioned race track which has never seen the light of day in Forza, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Grid and Toca is a huge win for the series and definitely gives PD some serious bragging rights against their opposition. They can now say that "we have this track and you don't" to all the other sims out there. Chances are someone will **** on me based on this logic but still, this track sits as a living piece of history you can't find anywhere else.

This track is copping too much hate. Seriously. Why am I not surprised? We haven't seen this track being put into any other game, unless you count mods that people have created which probably aren't that accurate. A first-party studio throwing it's resources behind such a classic circuit, unchanged for 60 years, is brilliant. Hardly any tracks have been preserved in a consistent state for soo long. Spa has great history but the current layout has only been used for 9 years and has been flogged into many other racing games, so I don't find it as amusing. Getting a good old-fashioned race track which has never seen the light of day in Forza, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Grid and Toca is a huge win for the series and definitely gives PD some serious bragging rights against their opposition. They can now say that "we have this track and you don't" to all the other sims out there. Chances are someone will **** on me based on this logic but still, this track sits as a living piece of history you can't find anywhere else.

Pretty good stuff.
Maybe not perfect or up to GTS's video quality but you get the idea.

I’m a little disappointed with the lack of cars (I was really hoping for the éfini RX-7 to return), but I’m happy that the car team is having a break; modeling cars to their current standards must be very strenuous, especially given the time frame between updates. Plus who knows? Maybe it means we’ll get 10 cars next month :lol:

Its great with another track but this won't be enough for me to come back and play gt sport. They are so many cars still missing, i will hold on another month and see what that will bring

They are so many cars still missing

Missing? Can you upload a master car list please and highlight which cars are missing from an original press release? (Don't say Lotus - we all know why the manufacturer is not in the game)

As I remembers it correctly, the 2.0 update to GT6 camera also by big surprise

GT6 didn’t get a Spec II update, you might be thinking of GT5.

It’s possible that the hill climb is coming alongside the circuit. A lot of the post-launch tracks were in GT5/6 and show minimal changes and it is a fairly small course, which I would assume would have less work required than a larger traditional circuit, and it’s already in the same environment so it wouldn’t require a new skybox. If that is the case, I could see a small expansion of the campaign including some time trials (or larger, in the form of a Spec II update). I mean, a whole set is already dedicated to the Nurburgring in the base game.

Then again, going by GT5P and GT5, a “Spec” update usually entails a noteworthy overhaul and/or expansion of many portions of the game, and I feel like a Spec II wouldn’t be likely in an update that’s already confirmed to have no cars. I’d be interested in general to see if PD ever expands any more of the offline content. Just about everything in the game seems to be made to be built upon and added to, but pretty much the only things that have been are League, Brand Central, Circuit Experience, and the suit section in the livery editor.

I’m happy with Goodwood, a bit disappointed that there won’t be any new cars, but we’ll just have to do with what we get :)

Missing? Can you upload a master car list please and highlight which cars are missing from an original press release? (Don't say Lotus - we all know why the manufacturer is not in the game)
I can't list them all becouse they are so many.
I know about lotus. And i never said anything about them. A few e.x here that are really lacking no

Corvette C5 or c6, Lexus lfa, Ferrari F12, 599,
Dodge challenger hellcat, lancer evo lx, 3000 gt, shelby gt500 13, tvr carbera speed 12, Jaguar xj220, new Ford gt, Ferrari 488 gtb. And so Much more i could not possible list them all or expect all to come, but its so far from good, hopefully gt7 will have a better list. I would rather see Fia gone so more focus can get to the cars and tracks, Fia is one of the reasons we don't have upgrade parts anymore

I am looking forward to Goodwood, i'm just curious on why no cars are gonna be added in this update maybe something big is on the way?

I'd honestly rather have Grand Valley or Autumn Ring...
Yes but then we'd be reading posts complaining about putting old content in the game instead of new stuff.....

I should have 20 million tomorrow, subject to clean race bonus, so I'll be able to buy the XJ13 without having to worry about not having any credits for new cars in a update...

Goodwood, the Jaguar and my VR headset are getting some use on the 30th.

Dodge challenger hellcat, lancer evo lx, 3000 gt, shelby gt500 13, tvr carbera speed 12, Jaguar xj220, new Ford gt, Ferrari 488 gtb. And so Much more i could not possible list them all or expect all to come

we go into Wishlist thread right now?

I would rather see Fia gone so more focus can get to the cars and tracks, Fia is one of the reasons we don't have upgrade parts anymore

I would rather have handful list of car but really race with that (and proper BoP or Ballast absolutely) rather than 1500 car with 20 type of Skylines or 15 type of Miata while FIA still on here. Cause we move forward not backwards

I can't list them all becouse they are so many.
I know about lotus. And i never said anything about them. A few e.x here that are really lacking no

Dodge challenger hellcat, lancer evo lx, 3000 gt, shelby gt500 13, tvr carbera speed 12, Jaguar xj220, new Ford gt, Ferrari 488 gtb. And so Much more i could not possible list them all or expect all to come
And they're all missing from the original press release? Wow, I never knew.
I would rather see Fia gone so more focus can get to the cars and tracks, Fia is one of the reasons we don't have upgrade parts anymore
That's odd, because when we spoke to the FIA, it thought it was only involved in certifying the real-world tracks as accurate and for its penalty framework being used to develop a penalty system for the game. I guess you're better placed to say what the FIA's involvement in GT Sport is than the FIA is, especially given your knowledge of cars cut from the game.

I never thought this tripe would only be eight pages into an update discussion with a new track.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS or am I missed something?

Weather arrived to GT Sport or it is on testing...

I have rain in Mission Challenge Stage 5, 4th race: Northern Isle Festival3

An fog on the 6th race.

I don't remember these...
They were there at the beginning as well?

The Sony servers are down at the moment...

we go into Wishlist thread right now?

I would rather have handful list of car but really race with that (and proper BoP or Ballast absolutely) rather than 1500 car with 20 type of Skylines or 15 type of Miata while FIA still on here. Cause we move forward not backwards

I was just pointing out that becouse someone Ask me why cars are missing. And lets be real here, its not exactly a complete car list to be honest. And no we don't need 20 skylines, and i never said anything about that. A racing game could feature 500-700 cars with great varitity.
I don't care about the Fia thing, and it do have an effect on the game, like no more upgrade and custom parts. Hopefully we see it back on gt7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back