Who isn't going to get Gran Turismo 5 now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Akmuq
  • 263 comments
  • 16,729 views

Are you getting GT5?

  • Yes

    Votes: 473 88.2%
  • No

    Votes: 21 3.9%
  • Not sure

    Votes: 42 7.8%

  • Total voters
    536
51 users are joking, right?
Why would they be joking? This isnt the only racing game out there. AND its only 20% finished. And its been what 5-6 years in development?
 
Why would they be joking? This isnt the only racing game out there. AND its only 20% finished. And its been what 5-6 years in development?

But to some people that 80% of the car list is a bonus, rather than knock PD and accept it's a studio who've taken on too much and simply can't pad out a car list, even in the time given.

From a technical standpoint, with the standard cars in the game, it's a flawed production, regardless of the heights it reaches,only 20% of the output will be that high.

Buyer power will make or break a company and sometimes, perhaps people should make stands to change the nature of the creator, because they've been terribly inefficient so far. The lackluster approach to the PS3's games catalogue for my tastes has seen me hold off on the console, to the point where only GT5 will make me buy one. I have done so as much to stick two fingers up to Sony as to save myself some money over the ridiculous launch price.
 
Why would they be joking? This isnt the only racing game out there. AND its only 20% finished. And its been what 5-6 years in development?

You may be angry but I don't think that 20% finished makes sense. Even if it is related to Standard / Premium historical discussion.
They postponed to December and it's very very probably not related to PD. The game is completed. Those 51 (and counting) users will buy the game, almost all of them.
 
51 users are joking, right?

No I'm not joking. I have cancelled my preorder for the SE. My vote was for 'Maybe' to reflect that. Depending on when the release may be, I might not even get the standard edition at release due to other commitments.

If it was a week then fine, but a month or longer makes the situation exponentially more difficult for me.

/Gutted.

Edit: To clarify: I will still be buying it - but it may well not be at release and it will not be the SE.
 
Last edited:
I'm off to trade my PS3 in tomorrow.....





As it's about time I upgraded to a slim :)
 
Yes, I bought a PS3 in June 2010 for GT5 like I bought an Xbox360 Elite for Forza 2. It quit(360) in late August of 09, I sent it to Target's warranty service and in early Sept. I had a new 360 sent from Walmart to prepare for Foreverza 3. So that meant an extra two games, mic, controller, & hard drive!
 
ohm my god
Last night I WAS 100% sure that anybody will open a thread like this
i really can't find any words to describe this guys because
hey guys this is the best racing game ever ,it's not a game like NFS or Forza or i dont know which game
its something special,watch a GT 5 video , it's hard to find out if it's real or not and then watch a forza or nfs video , there you see in 1 second that it is a game because the colours and graphics are bad compaired to gt 5
that is the reason why we are waiting because it is a awesome game

Do you change your whole opinion about this game because some weeks more? ( i think 2-4weeks )
this is funny guys...

That is the first time that PD has changed the realase date ! the realase date was 2nd November and now they have changed it
some people say that PD had changed it very often but that is not true !
1 time Sony said that the JP version could game in Q4 but Sony is not PD !
I think if a game company change the realase date 1 time it's not a big problem ( and only some weeks ...)

And the official explanation was the problem with the BD comapnies...That means that it was not a problem with the game , iam sure and Mr Kaz said it too that the game was finsihed and that they wanted to realase it ...

PLEASE guys COOL DOWN , i can't take some guys serious because they make a rat to an lion :)
 
.I bought the PS3 for GT5. I ONLY play racing/car/driving games. I´ve had my PS3 for i dont know how many years. I only play Dirt 2, Grid and Midnight Club LA. I was looking forward to this fall. TDU2, WRC 2010 and GT5!
Best fall ever...I dont think so. WRC 2010 wasnt really what i was hoping for...TDU2 got delayed and so did GT5...again.

Im way to serious i know, but i´ve got a serious injury that force me to stay home at all times. I cant drive my cars, i cant go out partying, i cant really do nothing so my life right now is...well except playing games and making food. =)

So what now? Forza of course. I cancelled my preorder SE. I still get GT5 of course but i´ll do that later. Maybe even second hand..heck i might even steal me a copy. =p

Heading out next week to get me a Xbox360.
 
I'm not getting it.







On Nov 5th.
 
You may be angry but I don't think that 20% finished makes sense. Even if it is related to Standard / Premium historical discussion.
They postponed to December and it's very very probably not related to PD. The game is completed. Those 51 (and counting) users will buy the game, almost all of them.
What at all would make you think I am angry? lol I am one of the few and probably only member that knew this would get delayed again. In fact I warned people many times that it would get delayed and to not get their hopes up yet even with the "official" November release date. I will be surprised if it even comes out in 2010. The only people that are angry are the ones that are shocked by the delay news. I can promise you this does not shock me at all. 1 racing game being delayed again does not make me angry at all. Its already been 5-6 years. How would another month surprise me at all. I have plenty of other games to play. In fact I have a backlogg of games that could keep me busy for another 10 years. :sly:
 
Oh my god the game is finsihed guy
and how can you say 20% are you serious ?
it's very funny if you say that ...say it again i want to laugh
iam sure that the game is finished or maybe they have to change 1-2 little things but all in all it's finished
Mr Kaz said that too , they wanted to realase it
maybe they want to realase it before christmas it would be clever for sony ....
 
Well, it will depend about many things.

First : testing period with some friends to chek if the game deserve buying a PS3

Second : Forza Motorsport 4 features and release date

Third : GT5 release (2010 or 2011?) I guess early december 2010 but who knows? Not even K unfortunately.

So if I like GT5 and can live with horrible engine sounds and standard cars I'll go and buy a PS3.

If it releases in march 2011 and Forza 4 announced for september 2011, I might save my money and get a cheap PS3 and a platinium copy of GT5 in 2012.
 
I will get it... But the problem is, the older generation is loosing interest in gaming... If they delay it another half year, I think I won´t get it because I already lost my interest in gaming and I think with the dissapointment of the delay(if it will be another 6 months) the interest will be completely gone... :(
 
Well, it will depend about many things.

First : testing period with some friends to chek if the game deserve buying a PS3

Second : Forza Motorsport 4 features and release date

Third : GT5 release (2010 or 2011?) I guess early december 2010 but who knows? Not even K unfortunately.

So if I like GT5 and can live with horrible engine sounds and standard cars I'll go and buy a PS3.

If it releases in march 2011 and Forza 4 announced for september 2011, I might save my money and get a cheap PS3 and a platinium copy of GT5 in 2012.

horrible engine sounds ? watch some videos again...
if you want i can make the same list with forza , but you will see MUCH MORE negative things
pointless arguments 👍
I could say something like , should i buy GT 5 with awesome graphics ( very close to the real ) or should i wait for forza 4 with normal graphics and especially COLOURS ! after 1 second looking on forza 3 you can see that it is just a normal ba game ( comapired to gt 5 )
watch the monza videos from gt 5 then you will see...

Sele1981
I don´t want to start an GT vs. Forza discussion but I got both games and the FM series will never arrive the quality of the GT series... There is a company with passion for cars vs. an company with passion for money...
THANKS guy i found 1 member on GT Planet who really knows what's going on here
 
Last edited:
I don´t want to start an GT vs. Forza discussion but I got both games and the FM series will never arrive the quality of the GT series... There is a company with passion for cars vs. an company with passion for money...
 
Ofcourse I'm still getting it. This delay was just another bump on a very bumpy road. :sly:
 
Im not getting it this 🤬 has gone on too long and i hate this game.


























joke i definately am getting it on release day
 
I willl buy it eventualy , but i changed my preorder from GT5 to BlackOps.
Maybe BlackOps is good enouf to keep attention off GT5 untill it goes platinum :p
(But i doubt that anything will keep my mind off it once its in stores :D )
 
Who wouldn't you get it? Oh there was a delay? So if Christmas got delayed would you not celebrate it?
 
Awww, why's the poll anonymous? Remember when all the L4D fans raged over L4D2, and said they weren't gonna buy it, and then as soon as it came out someone grabbed all their names and posted a screenshot of their L4D2 trophies? How can we do that if we don't know who they are?
 
Of course i'm still going to get it, Why do people think it's necessary to "punish" PD and Sony buy not buying it? seems childish......
 
I don´t want to start an GT vs. Forza discussion but I got both games and the FM series will never arrive the quality of the GT series... There is a company with passion for cars vs. an company with passion for money...

Both company have passion for car and money but I do not want to raise the war.

Forza 3 exits and I can play it. It has many faults but I still enjoy it.

I have a consumer behaviour. If another game releases with more features, good gameplay, better inch of everything I'll quit Forza and I'll buy it.

Concerning the sounds, some are great (Ferrari 458 Italia) but other are far from reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJQ2YaA3fA

I stop the comparison here, I won't buy GT5 and a PS3 eyes closed. That's all.
 
I'm definitely still getting it but not sure when. I canceled my pre-orders simply cause now COD will be out before GT5. Once I get tired of COD, I'll pick up GT5.

What a JOKE!
Anyone on this forum is going to buy the game day 1. Anyone who says otherwise is full of _ _ _ _ !

Really?
 
Dr.Boss.
ABSOLUTLY RIGHT guy
if they watch the videos while we are playing they will get a shok and they will run into the next game shop and will buy it
AWESOME GRAPHICS/COLOURS/TRACKS/CARS/SOUND/ONLINE MODE/MUCH MORE OTHER THINGS....
 
Both company have passion for car and money but I do not want to raise the war.

Forza 3 exits and I can play it. It has many faults but I still enjoy it.

I have a consumer behaviour. If another game releases with more features, good gameplay, better inch of everything I'll quit Forza and I'll buy it.

Concerning the sounds, some are great (Ferrari 458 Italia) but other are far from reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJQ2YaA3fA

I stop the comparison here, I won't buy GT5 and a PS3 eyes closed. That's all.

So much whining for a simple 3 days delay,that an exagerated reaction really,initially I thought it would be a delay of one to three months,so guys you should stop it,and FM fanboys should leave,three days,Nov 5,it becoming a joke.
 
So much whining for a simple 3 days delay,that an exagerated reaction really,initially I thought it would be a delay of one to three months,so guys you should stop it,and FM fanboys should leave,three days,Nov 5,it becoming a joke.

Read the news section Sherlock, it is a delay of possibly one month or more, PD were 3 days too late with their deadline causing a longer delay as the production schedule set by Sony can't be changed all of a sudden.
 
Back