If the online qualifier for GT Academy is proving too unbearable for you and you live in the UK, we have some good news for you. Three spectators will walk away from the 2015 Goodwood Festival of Speed with the chance of a lifetime at the 2015 GT Academy Race Camp in Abu Dhabi – and it could be you!
The six quickest racers up the virtual Goodwood Hillclimb each day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will qualify for an end-of-day shootout, with the winner booking their place at GT Academy Race Camp at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi later this year.
There they will compete against the quickest gamers in Europe to determine who will be crowned this year’s GT Academy European Champion, winning a place on the Nissan Driver Development Programme, and a season’s racing in the competitive Blancpain Endurance Series driving a 550bhp Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 race car.
The GT Academy Live Event will be hosted on the Nissan manufacturer stand, with two PlayStation 3 race pods set up for racing driver hopefuls to try their luck. The competition will close at 17.00 on each day, with the fastest six gamers returning at 17.30 to shoot out for a highly-coveted place at Race Camp. 2011 winner Jann Mardenborough will also be appearing at the event and passing on tips at special GT Academy Clinics on Friday and Saturday.
The news gets even better for GTPlanet readers; while Festival of Speed tickets may be getting hard to come by now, we’ve teamed up with Sony Computer Entertainment UK to give you a chance to be there, with five pairs of tickets each day up for grabs for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
To be in with the chance of getting your hands on tickets and becoming the next Jann Mardenborough, you’ll need to know the answer to the following question:
At which track did GT Academy graduate Jann Mardenborough win his first GP3 race last year?
c) Spa Francorchamps
Please submit your entry including your name, address, answer and the day of Goodwood Festival of Speed you wish to attend (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) to GT6Goodwood@HPSJardine.com before 23:59pm BST on Friday, 19th June 2015.
Away from GT Academy, Gran Turismo 6 will once again have a huge presence at the event with Polyphony Digital being an official partner of the Festival of Speed for a third consecutive year and many of the distinctive circular PlayStation 3 race pods will be located in official Goodwood locations.
The Festival of Speed is also a chance for manufacturers to show off some of their latest creations, with last year’s event featuring the unveiling of the Aston Martin DP-100 and Nissan Concept 2020 Vision GT cars. With Jann taking the supercar hillclimb record last year in the Nissan GT-R NISMO, Goodwood is a must for all Gran Turismo enthusiasts!
Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK only.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- For full GT Academy terms and conditions, please visit: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/academy/2015/terms/