◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,326 comments
Thank you to everyone who's shown their appreciation for Team SNAIL by putting something up for auction in the SNAIL Marketplace. Here's a list of items that have been sold to date:

GTPlanet stickers - sold by @fzappa and purchased for 20 $hells
Mazda Miata/MX-5 book - sold by @sprintr64 and purchased for 30 $hells
GT Academy shirt - sold by @fzappa and purchased for 30 $hells
$10 Amazon gift card - sold by @FSportIS and purchased for 31 $hells
$25 Amazon gift card - sold by @chevron and purchased for 175 $hells
FIFA 10 for PS3 - sold by @zer05ive
F1 Photography Book - sold by @Chiochan and purchased for 30 $hells
$10 PSN Card - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 20 $hells
S.N.A.I.L. Shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 20 $hells
GT Academy Shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 40 $hells
GTPEDIA - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 10 $hells
Playseat Evolution - sold by @Ph1sher and purchased for 70 $hells
GT Academy shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 35 $hells
Hauppauge PVR - sold by @kcheeb and purchased for 25 $hells
F1 shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 6 $hells
S.N.A.I.L. shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 16 $hells

Please remember that when you make a sale in the SNAIL Marketplace, the $hells that are sent to you as payment are yours to keep! This means that you can turn around and spend them on a future item that is put up for sale or auction. 👍

images

Last edited:
Naa...he is more fun to be around than most real people I know...and at least he likes racing (unlike my significant other). He just adds some realism to the sim.

BTW is there and A/B switch to allow the G27 to be changed from PC (Asetto Corsa) to PS3 (GT6). I would like to do both regularly without technical hysterics.

When I use my G27 on my PC all the settings from the last time are saved, from what I remember? If you have everything in the logitech profiler set up it shouldn't be too bad.
Connor, I think Nail is showing his age here, and maybe I am to, but back in the day, TVs came with maybe 2 inputs, coax and rca. If you had more than 2 devices, say a cable box, beta max and Atari 2600, you would need to be changing out two of the devices all the time. What's a high fidelity gamer to do? Get an A/B box. Hook up two, or more, devices to the box and press a button for the source you want piped to the boob tube. As for whether they exist in USB form, it's possible, maybe amazon has something.

Thank you to everyone who's shown their appreciation for Team SNAIL by putting something up for auction in the SNAIL Marketplace. Here's a list of items that have been sold to date:

GTPlanet stickers - sold by @fzappa and purchased for 20 $hells
Mazda Miata/MX-5 book - sold by @sprintr64 and purchased for 30 $hells
$10 Amazon gift card - sold by @FSportIS and purchased for 31 $hells
$25 Amazon gift card - sold by @chevron and purchased for 175 $hells
FIFA 10 for PS3 - sold by @zer05ive
F1 Photography Book - sold by @Chiochan and purchased for 30 $hells
$10 PSN Card - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 20 $hells
S.N.A.I.L. Shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 20 $hells
GT Academy Shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 40 $hells
GTPEDIA - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 10 $hells
Playseat Evolution - sold by @Ph1sher and purchased for 70 $hells
GT Academy shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 35 $hells
Hauppauge PVR - sold by @kcheeb and purchased for 25 $hells
F1 shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 6 $hells
S.N.A.I.L. shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 16 $hells

Please remember that when you make a sale in the SNAIL Marketplace, the $hells that are sent to you as payment are yours to keep! This means that you can turn around and spend them on a future item that is put up for sale or auction. 👍

images

Don't forget about this one .:)

I have a couple of more things up my sleeve:D

The ButtKicker Gamer2 features an all-new, rock-solid digital power amplifier that cranks 90 watts into your sim racing rig or seat. This convection cooled (fanless) amplifier includes a wired remote control and a base stand for vertical placement. Feel the gut-wrenching punch of a crash, the pounding of fenders, racing engines, backfires, gear shifts, rumble strips, screeching tires, engine throttle and more. Turn down or turn off your subwoofer and still feel all the bass - even while using headphones. Take your sim racing experience to the next level of realism with the ButtKicker Gamer2!!

Don't forget about our exclusive ButtKicker discounts!!

SNAILBKSK (for the ButtKicker Simulation Kit)
SNAILBKGR2 (for the ButtKicker Gamer2)
SNAILSHIPPING (for free shipping)
I am interested in the Buttkicker but don't know which one is for me. I currently have a Grandstand stand and am using an executive desk chair but may eventually switch to using a "dedicated/real" racing seat in place of the desk chair. In light of that, does anyone know which Buttkicker part(s) would work with my current setup that would also work with a "real" racing seat?

So I was thinking of actually seriously practicing so I can do an actual Sunday race since its been so long for me lol. I was thinking giving ConnorWolf and Msgt a good run if I could lol (really fast guys ) so let's see if I can keep up lol. So I'll post a lobby to practice in tonight. Hope to see you guys later

Hey Snail peeps, I got a pair of questions. I should be wrapping up work on my rig Sunday, and will probably return to Sunday night racing again next weekend, but I also would like to get Cat and Mouse going again as well. At first I am thinking it all will be simply impromptu, with us using a one lap race to pick teams. But, I was also thinking it would be cool, if we could get enough regulars, to create an actual competition out of it, and create teams that battled each other in a bracket style championship. If there are any takers please let me know and I will start formulating a plan, otherwise I'll just keep it informal.

On, my next topic. As much as I am a reaching fan, I am as much a fan of most sims. From racing, to submarine warfare, to WWII era aerial combat. A little over a year ago I stumbled across a game called War Thunder, which happens to be a WWII based aerial, and recently add tank combat sim. It's a lot of fun to play, and easy to get into. Mouse/keyboard controls are probably the best of any flight sim, but if you feel the need flight sticks of all sorts work great too. I am wondering if anyone currently does, or would like to get into it? If so, look up SpicyGalloway in game, or message me and I can hook you up with an invite link. This game is a blast, and I would love to do some historical battles in a proper squad. BTW, this game is not a resource hog, and runs quite well on my friends old HP laptop. So you don't need tons of ram and the bleeding edge graphics card to play it.

Hey Snail peeps, I got a pair of questions. I should be wrapping up work on my rig Sunday, and will probably return to Sunday night racing again next weekend, but I also would like to get Cat and Mouse going again as well. At first I am thinking it all will be simply impromptu, with us using a one lap race to pick teams. But, I was also thinking it would be cool, if we could get enough regulars, to create an actual competition out of it, and create teams that battled each other in a bracket style championship. If there are any takers please let me know and I will start formulating a plan, otherwise I'll just keep it informal.

On, my next topic. As much as I am a reaching fan, I am as much a fan of most sims. From racing, to submarine warfare, to WWII era aerial combat. A little over a year ago I stumbled across a game called War Thunder, which happens to be a WWII based aerial, and recently add tank combat sim. It's a lot of fun to play, and easy to get into. Mouse/keyboard controls are probably the best of any flight sim, but if you feel the need flight sticks of all sorts work great too. I am wondering if anyone currently does, or would like to get into it? If so, look up SpicyGalloway in game, or message me and I can hook you up with an invite link. This game is a blast, and I would love to do some historical battles in a proper squad. BTW, this game is not a resource hog, and runs quite well on my friends old HP laptop. So you don't need tons of ram and the bleeding edge graphics card to play it.
you trying to do some touge type racing? if so im down

I used to do Cat and Mouse with some friends on GT5 with Copens and GT-R's on Nürburgring. And it was a blast.

So I was thinking of actually seriously practicing so I can do an actual Sunday race since its been so long for me lol. I was thinking giving ConnorWolf and Msgt a good run if I could lol (really fast guys ) so let's see if I can keep up lol. So I'll post a lobby to practice in tonight. Hope to see you guys later

Remember that tonight is official practice night. All rooms Blue / Yellow / Red will be opened by 9:30est.

you trying to do some touge type racing? if so im down
I'd love to get back into touge but this isn't the cat and mouse I mean, nor do I have interest in touge battles until/if we get the track creator.
I used to do Cat and Mouse with some friends on GT5 with Copens and GT-R's on Nürburgring. And it was a blast.
It still is a blast! I used to run a C&M event a year or so back, I've been itching to get back into. Ok. I'll type up the rules later and set a time and date.

Back