2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
I wouldn't discard practice results so quickly. I doubt Chevy is having all of its cars sandbagging. I'd bank on seeing similar results as far as engine parity for qualifying.

Eva
I wouldn't discard practice results so quickly. I doubt Chevy is having all of its cars sandbagging. I'd bank on seeing similar results as far as engine parity for qualifying.

I wouldn't say 'sandbagging' just most notable cars going 95% of full pace, preserving the car more then anything,

For anyone interested Indycar is streaming P3 and qualifying.

Link

Edit: practice is live

Last edited:
Practice 3, more Honda's

C6psd-hVAAAZXd7.jpg

Group 1 rnd 1, the world resets with a Penske on top and Marco near the back. :lol:

C6qedWhVsAAg2Fz.jpg

Group 2 Seb stuffs it into the tires bring out a red.
C6qiEDNVAAEuKz0.jpg

Top 12- 4 teams make the fast 6
C6qmeNFVoAAzBbk.jpg

Last edited:
Group 1 rnd 1, the world resets with a Penske on top and Marco near the back. :lol:

C6qedWhVsAAg2Fz.jpg

Group 2 Seb stuffs it into the tires bring out a red.
C6qiEDNVAAEuKz0.jpg

So, if I'm reading that right, the provisional "Fast Six" session is going to have Dixon, Newgarden, Power, Kimball, Hinchcliffe & Max Freakin' Chilton battling for Pole? With Sato, Kanaan and Carlos Munoz rounding out the top 10?

So, if I'm reading that right, the provisional "Fast Six" session is going to have Dixon, Newgarden, Power, Kimball, Hinchcliffe & Max Freakin' Chilton battling for Pole? With Sato, Kanaan and Carlos Munoz rounding out the top 10?
6 from group 1 and group 2 make the fast 12, then top 6 of 12 battle for pole. Maxine didnt make it.:P

Takuya Sato being the fastest of the 4 Andretti Autosport cars is something I didn't expect. Hinch being up there in the top 3 is also a nice surprise, but honestly I think it could be anybody's race tomorrow; It just depends on how it all plays out.

It's going to be interesting to see how this winter storm affects the temperature down there.

Also, it may be interesting to watch them race while I am snowed in... ;)

GTPlaneteers... you waited for months and months for IndyCar to return. And now, it's back! The 2017 IndyCar Series is GO! Racing action on the streets of St. Petersburg, FL, USA!

Back