2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
I took a peak at the cesspool that is Trackforum and some were already calling for an oval race to start the season because of the first lap accident, as if an oval would never have a crash. I wouldn't be suprised if they complain that an American didn't win either.

Crapwagon is probably complaining that it isn't champcar on the street.

C6vqNCyV0AARI8G.jpg

Wow people complaining about F1 feeds should check Indycar, I've watch a bit of a stream yesterday and to my surprise the feed was cut during the commercial break even thought there wasnt commercial on the espn feed I was watching. What a load of bs.... I really wanted to follow the race but commercials were just killing the fun for me.

I'm so happy to have F1 GP without any commercial cutting it.

Last edited:
Wow people complaining about F1 feeds should check Indycar, I've watch a bit of a stream yesterday and to my surprise the feed was cut during the commercial break even thought there wasnt commercial on the espn feed I was watching. What a lot of bs.... I really wanted to follow the race but commercials were just killing the fun for me.

I'm so happy to have F1 GP without any commercial cutting it.
It's an American problem not just an IndyCar problem. :indiff: There's unfortunately nothing that can be done about it.

It's an American problem not just an IndyCar problem. :indiff: There's unfortunately nothing that can be done about it.
I knew about it because of basketball but still, in nba, you can watch the show while the ads are showing. But cutting the feed so you couldnt watch it even if there wasnt an ad was just sad.

Kinda torn rooting for Sato, I like the guy but despise the team. Good on the 5th place though, and Bourdais impressing me once again.

I know that Bourdais is on a team that isn't really thought of as a title contender, but with the way he dominated despite starting shotgun on the field, does anyone here think he could potentially win the Indy 500 and possibly the IndyCar championship? Watching some of his races from back in the day gave me a lot of respect for him.

I know that Bourdais is on a team that isn't really thought of as a title contender, but with the way he dominated despite starting shotgun on the field, does anyone here think he could potentially win the Indy 500 and possibly the IndyCar championship? Watching some of his races from back in the day gave me a lot of respect for him.
As a Coyne fan, I like the idea. As a realist, no. The highest a Coyne car has ever gotten in the 500 in recent memory was JW's 5th in 2013 but in 2010, Alex Lloyd got 4th. (From checking Wiki) However, anything can happen in the 500. If it was ChampCar with just Milwaukee as an oval per season, (We know how SB dominated that one) i'd give him a decent chance. But hey. Anything can happen and i'm usually wrong. :P

The people he brought over from the old Newman-Haas operation might be able to improve the general quality of DCR's performances throughout the season, maybe even on ovals assuming they were around a few years before Bourdais' days, back when there was still a decent amount of them on the CART schedule.

Back