2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
It's infinitely satisfying to see Penske and Ganassi soundly thrashed by a bespectacled gentleman starting last in Dale Coyne's entry. This is proof of beauty and justice in this world.
In a small dose, this would be proof of beauty and justice. But a whole season of it? That's the true test of beauty and justice.

Seb would have a real shot at a title if they went to Milwaukee 3 times. I can see him finishing highest in the championship of the cars not named Penske or CGR though.

Seb would have a real shot at a title if they went to Milwaukee 3 times. I can see him finishing highest in the championship of the cars not named Penske or CGR though.
If so, the Rahal, Andretti , and Schmidt teams will also be seriously chapped.

This is disappointing, not as bad as the drop NASCAR saw but...

The 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series got off to a solid if slightly disappointing start TV wise at St. Petersburg. The live telecast on ABC scored a 0.80 rating, averaging 1.2 million household viewers. That's down from a 0.97/1.4m for last year's broadcast on the same network, but up over 2015 (0.6/891,000, also on ABC).

The 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series got off to a solid if slightly disappointing start TV wise at St. Petersburg. The live telecast on ABC scored a 0.80 rating, averaging 1.2 million household viewers. That's down from a 0.97/1.4m for last year's broadcast on the same network, but up over 2015 (0.6/891,000, also on ABC).
Well...ABC is **** at promotion so, its not actually surprising.

ABC only cares about the Indy 500, so this is unfortunately unsurprising. Also, the weird statistical calculator that they had got more of a rise out if the commentators than the race itself, so take that for what you will.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/139003-remaining-kv-racing-assets-ready-for-auction

A Dallara DW12 Indy car chassis, custom race car transporters and hundreds of items used in the running of the former KV Racing team will go under the hammer next week. The live auction starts on March 27 at the team's former 4001 Methanol Lane facility in Indianapolis, and an online bidding component will run concurrently.

The recently shuttered Verizon IndyCar Series program owned by Kevin Kalkhoven and Jimmy Vasser sold a fair portion of its assets to championship-winning Indy Lights team owner Ricardo Juncos, who will enter the Indy 500 using cars and equipment purchased from KV.

But many items, including the car Stefan Wilson drove in the 100th running of the Indy 500 last May, pit equipment, scooters, apparel, machining and fabrication tools, office furniture, memorabilia, and an endless array of spare parts are among the offerings in an auction that liquidate everything Juncos Racing did not purchase.

Formed in 2003, KV Racing went through multiple ownership changes and ran more than 25 drivers during its tenure in Champ Car and the Verizon IndyCar Series. Facing another sponsorship shortfall in 2016, founding owner Kalkhoven made it known early in the year that he would no longer funnel millions of dollars into the team to keep it afloat.

Attempts to sell the team or partner with another team during the offseason did not come to fruition, which ultimately led Kalkhoven to close KV Racing and sell its assets.

Barber test session 1

C7dsbhEVQAAjEFQ.jpg

Eva
It is. People just value looks and sound over safety and function.

Exactly, there's good reason for it being there and that is in part the reason it's named the way it is: DW12.

I do like the new render though, the road course kit reminds me of 90's CART, which it's probably supposed to.

Pointless? I thought they were so if a car hit the rear tire with its front tire it woudn't ramp up over it.
Indeed pointless when they're ripped off by the slightest contact and Indy Lights get on fine without them. They're overly sized (currently), and don't need to be ginormous.

Indeed pointless when they're ripped off by the slightest contact and Indy Lights get on fine without them. They're overly sized (currently), and don't need to be ginormous.
Indy Lights are also carrying half the hoursepower of an IndyCar and have a smaller grid. Your point?

Wait I just realized something....NO MORE STUPID/UGLY/POINTLESS REAR BUMPERS?! :drool:

I believe they are still going to be used on super speedways like Indy and Texas, at least that's what they had originall said when discussing this new bodywork.

The rear bumpers will PROBABLY be on for superspeedways. However, they will be reasonably sized.

For road courses, where speeds aren't quite so high, they will probably not be needed or seen.

Back