2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
A better way instead of competition cautions would be to enforce a maximum stint length.
That used to be done in CART after the series went on a downward spiral in 2002. (They were scared of fuel mileage wins, I guess) I could see it working on some ovals, as long as it's firmly kept out of road courses.

That used to be done in CART after the series went on a downward spiral in 2002. (They were scared of fuel mileage wins, I guess) I could see it working on some ovals, as long as it's firmly kept out of road courses.
I meant in eventualities like that. Not as the norm. MotoGP did a similar thing at Philip Island a few years back.

HPD have a fix for their engine issues http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/20...-on-indycar-engine-fix-following-parts-issue/

and Penske seem to have everybody covered at Road America.
FP3 results

DDGdLa3VoAA5lXs.jpg

Qualifying live on tape on NBCSN at 5et, 4pm ET live on youtube.

They needed to bring back the #34 car for this race. NBCSN will start 30 min early now that F1 has pre-empted the Lights race.

So I think I just heard Seb on the broadcast say something about a 3rd car for Dale Coyne? It may just be for this Mid Ohio test they're talking about but if Esteban comes with the money then maybe Coyne could actually be a 3 car team.

Hey Guys just started watching these last 10 or so laps and am wondering what happened to Dixon
Dixon made contact with Will Power in Turn 3 at the start then got a drive through penalty for working on the car in a closed pit lane

So I think I just heard Seb on the broadcast say something about a 3rd car for Dale Coyne? It may just be for this Mid Ohio test they're talking about but if Esteban comes with the money then maybe Coyne could actually be a 3 car team.
I think he was meaning for the last 1/2 races.

I just rewatched the interview and it sounds more like hiring a crew and getting a car just for the test so the rest of the team can move forward for the next race. It would be a happy surprise if the team actually expanded however.

I just rewatched the interview and it sounds more like hiring a crew and getting a car just for the test so the rest of the team can move forward for the next race.
But each driver is contracted until the end of the season with their respective sponsors. I doubt they'd kick Esteban/Ed out for Bourdais. Especially when each have a drive already.

What Bourdais said was he's got to do the test before they finalise getting the guys and car for the races.

If Andretti goes to Chevy does that mean Alonso won't get an Indy drive nexy year?
Andretti wouldn't be the only option for Fernando anyways. There's SPM, DCR with Bourdais, and Ganassi.

Eva
Andretti wouldn't be the only option for Fernando anyways. There's SPM, DCR with Bourdais, and Ganassi.
True all would be good options. I just thought he had a multi year deal for Indys with the Andrettis. I guess not though

Considering there's a chance Alonso won't even be with McLaren next year I'd imagine it was a one-off deal. Although I could see them sponsoring an existing car just to keep their name in the 500.
Could have one of their reserve drivers or Jenson Button come over.

McLaren are considering their own full time IndyCar entry with a 2 car effort. It's not known how soon that will materialize if it does.

A McLaren Indycar team is still years away, according to Zak Brown >link<

Looks like Alonso's only choices for next year are McLaren, Red Bull, or Indycar. Ferrari isnt interested and Bottas is doing a good enough job to keep his seat at Mercedes another year. So he either stays at McLaren, replaces Verstappen at Red Bull, or goes to Indycar.

I think the odds are

60% - Red Bull
30% - Indycar
10% - McLaren

He should come to Indycar. His time is up in F1, Ferrari and Mercedes not showing alot of interest in him is evidence of that. If he really wants a 3rd championship it's not going to happen next year in any car thats not a Ferrari or Mercedes. He can maybe steal a win or two next year in a Red Bull but thats about it.

A McLaren Indycar team is still years away, according to Zak Brown >link<

Looks like Alonso's only choices for next year are McLaren, Red Bull, or Indycar. Ferrari isnt interested and Bottas is doing a good enough job to keep his seat at Mercedes another year. So he either stays at McLaren, replaces Verstappen at Red Bull, or goes to Indycar.

I think the odds are

60% - Red Bull
30% - Indycar
10% - McLaren
No Red Bull. Carlos Sainz will have that if the Verstappen leaves. So his best option is 100% indycar

I wonder if GTP's resident "European from Toronto" ever watched this race, or if his dislike for Indycar persisted to the end.

Back