2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
NASCAR driver posting a tweet promoting IndyCar?

You better bet that's a paddlin'.

71f.png
Clint Bowyer fined $50,000 for actions detrimental to stock car racing.

Two nights in a row we could have had a photo finish at Texas, but didn't. (I'm not counting the Truck race as a photo finish because even though the leaders were side by side when the crash happened at the end of that race, it technically ended under caution)

I honestly don't want to see Indycar run at Texas anymore after tonight's farce of a race. Glad everybody got out of it OK, but dear god some of the guys that would chop and block up and down the track (*Cough*Helio*Cough* *Cough*Kanaan*Cough*? need to either retire, get suspended for that kind of disrespectful driving or both.

Also, tough night for Dale Coyne Racing getting two more cars tore up into tiny little pieces after what happened at Indy... Are they even going to make it to the next race on time or run either car?

Lastly, holy crap at Gabby Chaves getting a Top 5 finish through simy survring and laughing at Marco a little for getting 6th by default.

I honestly don't want to see Indycar run at Texas anymore after tonight's farce of a race. Glad everybody got out of it OK, but dear god some of the guys that would chop and block up and down the track (*Cough*Helio*Cough* *Cough*Kanaan*Cough*? need to either retire, get suspended for that kind of disrespectful driving or both.

Also, tough night for Dale Coyne Racing getting two more cars tore up into tiny little pieces after what happened at Indy... Are they even going to make it to the next race on time or run either car?

Lastly, holy crap at Gabby Chaves getting a Top 5 finish through simy survring and laughing at Marco a little for getting 6th by default.
I'd like to add Sato to the chop list. Although TK's was most dangerous with Gautier being chopped a few laps before the idiotic incident. Fortunately 2 weeks until Road America where TK hopefully figures out to not chop on the Mulsanne. Hopefully leaving TMS would open the door to COTA. Gabby and Harding have done a great job not having issues and getting good results. Looking forward to them at Pocono and 2018.

Sorry for the long wait. Cell signal was sparing once stuff started. Here are most/all of my reactions through the race. Also I might have made the background for tv.
@BKGlover Hog heaven BLT dog, details please. They just showed it on the NBC intro.
BLT dawg looks like a mess, and unless you like tomatoes, it's a fancy hot dog. Not worth the 12 bucks it cost.

This is a damned race!

How ‘bout this Valtier guy!

Solid hit on the wall from Rossi!

Sato got screwed by Hinch!

Wait… WTF happened to Kimball?!?

We're already 70 laps in?! Sunova*****!

Something broke on Helio. I don't think it was a flat via Aleutian.

SPIN TO WIN!!!

Something's wrong with the 4.

DEBRIS! Where?

Chilton leads after pit stops. How's he gonna do?

Baaad Crash! Lots of fast cars gone.

Even the moon's bloodthirsty tonight.

Running again...but a competition caution NOW?

Carpenter trying to get back as green falls again.

Newgarden back as well!

Yeah, CC was not needed. That said DIXON!!!

Guys that's not gonna…..work.

I thought the Chevys were supposed to be slower than the Hondas.

Alright! It's getting real good now...WHAT!!! WHAT THE 🤬 🤬 IS THIS 🤬 BULL:censored:!!!

Welp...that was an anticlimactic ending.

A better way instead of competition cautions would be to enforce a maximum stint length.

If they already had a system in place I would certainly agree. But on the other hand if they tried coming up with all the rules for that on the fly it could be an even bigger farce than the competition cautions were (and considering who runs the series, it would be).

At least Firestone has a good track record so hopefully we won't have to deal with a similar situation anytime soon. I can't even remember the last time crappy tires were even a story in IndyCar.

If they already had a system in place I would certainly agree. But on the other hand if they tried coming up with all the rules for that on the fly it could be an even bigger farce than the competition cautions were (and considering who runs the series, it would be).

At least Firestone has a good track record so hopefully we won't have to deal with a similar situation anytime soon. I can't even remember the last time crappy tires were even a story in IndyCar.
True. But I'm sure every series has the "We can change what we like when we want" rule though.

This was a very good race. When it was a race.

I was very excited about this race until the big wreck that TK seemed to start. After that, I realized that the tires weren't working right, and was glad to hear a max stint length. Though through cautions... Not so much.

I was pretty upset with TK getting second after taking out half of the field.

But it's over and time to move on.

Good show, but ended very, very badly.

I'd like to see another race here. Just not sure how much of a race it can be.

Back