2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
C16yUJ5UUAA-G0X.jpg

Still think they should put at least three of the races on NBC (Long Beach, Road America, Watkins Glen), otherwise, the schedule is solid.

Still think they should put at least three of the races on NBC (Long Beach, Road America, Watkins Glen), otherwise, the schedule is solid.

They can't put anything on NBC as Disney has OTA rights.

Wow. Did not know that. How long ago was the contract signed for that deal, and how long is it currently for?
Signed in 2009 at least, expires after this year.

I'd say it'd be borderline too cold for Portland. CotA however...
Believe me the weather in Portland in the Spring isn't that cold, more wet and soggy lol. Been weird in recent years with the snow. :odd:

Highly likely for 2018, if my sources for rumors are correct. The big issue for a race there is getting waivers to ease up on the local noise restrictions, because right now anything aside from Formula E would have a tough time running there.
Hell yes! :D

Schedule looks good!
Wow only 6 ovals....

That`s a good number considering most want nothing to do with IndyCar right now because of the work that goes into hosting a race to not make much of anything. Pocono Raceway brakes even every year on the IndyCar race. When the drivers win 30,000 for winning a race they shouldn`t have to risk their life on the big ovals until that`s fixed.

Portland. :D

I think Portland will be back in 2018 or 2019. Rumor has it they are working on a northwest race.

First post updated with the 2018 aero kit concepts. Almost all of the downforce on the new aero kit will be generated by the underbody instead of the wings which minimizes dirty air and allows the drivers to race closer. I also love the lowered engine cover and the elimination of the air box. We'll see the finalized test aero kit built by May.

We're much closer to this classic 1995 Lola-Ford IndyCar now.
imsc5672.jpeg

Last edited:
Speaking of the split, I'm watching a documentary on it right now. I'm only a few minutes in, and WOW, I did not know there was THAT much animosity, nor did I know that the US 500 ran on the same day as the Indianapolis 500.

Speaking of the split, I'm watching a documentary on it right now. I'm only a few minutes in, and WOW, I did not know there was THAT much animosity, nor did I know that the US 500 ran on the same day as the Indianapolis 500.

Is that on youtube? If so can you PM me a link please

Latest Posts

Back