2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
I think Chip knows Larson is his ticket for possibly winning a "Monster Energy Series" championship. I think it will take a lot of convincing for this to happen. Now lets ramp the Horsepower up , cut the aero and then lets see if NASCAR drivers can come run Indy and be competitive. I am a massive NASCAR fan but I don`t think drivers should be able to show up and be up to speed in their first race like Kurt Busch was.

I have absolutely no idea why but Conor Daly has blocked me on Twitter. Only found out today and have nothing against the guy. In fact, supported him last season and quite liked him.

I have absolutely no idea why but Conor Daly has blocked me on Twitter. Only found out today and have nothing against the guy. In fact, supported him last season and quite liked him.
I'm not sure if it's the blackmail of replacing him with Francesco Dracone (Yes I have that power) or he feels saddened about the fact I couldn't vote for him for obvious personal issues but Conor has unblocked me.

For some reason, I will always see Champ Car and Indy Car as separate entities.
And there wouldn't have been seperate entities had Tony George not formed the IRL just because there wasn't enough freedom on the grid, not enough ovals on the calendar, and "too powerful" teams.

@RACECAR How many championships has he collected? :lol:

For some reason, I will always see Champ Car and Indy Car as separate entities.

And there wouldn't have been seperate entities had Tony George not formed the IRL just because there wasn't enough freedom on the grid, not enough ovals on the calendar, and "too powerful" teams.

@RACECAR How many championships has he collected? :lol:

Same, and I still believe the 97-01 era of ChampCar to be better then anything that the IRL has produced since its inception, just a shame that ChampCars miss-management caused its demise,

@NASCARGT - They basically were and still are. I do like that they are at least trying to honor both sides of the war. Most IRL officials and league administrators are gone and have been gone except for Barnhart of course.

@ukfan758 - I think the state of Indy Car during the time needed to be evaluated because of the insane money spent and the lack of Americans at the Indy 500 (although I don`t care about this because it should be the best in the world). Instead of going the path that almost killed open wheel racing in the United States and hurt it to the point its still trying to survive he could have done something else. Hopefully Champ Car like bodies next year will help bring back some fans. The schedule is definitely going in the right direction.

@TDZdave - I think management sure didnt`t help but as long as they were disconnected from the INDY 500 and the IRL had it they were never going to grow. As soon as the split occurred it started the demise of CART/Champ Car. Imagine a sponsor asking you questions about the Indy 500 and you have to say "yeah, that`s the other league". This happened countless times.

It also didn't help that right around the time the split happened, NASCAR was really becoming white-hot and pushing its PR machine into overdrive. Meanwhile I don't even remember seeing any kind of TV advertising for either CART or IRL outside of the days they were actually televising a race, let alone print or other physical stuff.

Back