2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 678 comments
From the roof cam on that C8-R it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

I've been a Corvette Racing fan ever since the C5.R and I'm really disappointed in the looks and sound of the C8.R. It should be faster and better handling being mid engine though.

Yeah, they mentioned that's because of the change in engine placement. Obviously a mic in front of the engine is gonna pick up intake sounds if anything.

If it helps at all, Marshall Pruett recorded the C8.R's noise during testing with a mic placed between the exhaust pipes. I've not listened to it myself.

Roo
If it helps at all, Marshall Pruett recorded the C8.R's noise during testing with a mic placed between the exhaust pipes. I've not listened to it myself.
Well it's definitely no vacuum cleaner, but it doesn't have the "attempting to tear your face off" sound of the C7.R

https://racer.com/2020/01/22/corvette-c8-r-vs-c7-r-sound-comparison/

edit: The new engine is DOHC with a flat-plane crank and much higher rev line. Wonder how much of an effect that change had on the noise compared to just the shift of the engine and rerouting of the exhaust to the rear instead of side exits.

Last edited:
It would be so awesome if Kaz tweeted a silhoutte picture with Dpis in it. One for Acura, one for Caddy and One for Mazda.

The Nissan as well even though it's not around any more.

If he did that though I would run out and buy a PS4 tomorrow! :lol:

Something funky looking with the nose of the #911. Looks like the livery is peeling off.

Something funky looking with the nose of the #911. Looks like the livery is peeling off.
Was noticing that as well. Livery peeling off is a good call. Someone was going at it with a pen knife, and it looks like exposed carbon now. Wonder what happened.

upload_2020-1-25_16-19-46.png

#10 Kobayashi drive thru for speeding on pit road. Oof. #77 back to the lead.

#25 with a moment in International Horseshoe. Goes off track but keeps it going.

#7 wreck in the bustop with the #55. Both cars continue but the Acura has massive rear damage. Staying green.
Edit: #7 to the garage.
Edit: #55 tried to send it up the inside going into the bustop, and hit the Acura, sending the #7 flying into the tire barrier. #55 drive thru penalty for avoidable contact.

Does Imsa mandate working lights on all times? The #3 Corvette has its right side DRL lightstrip dark.

Also, BMW's doing well for once. Hopefully it last till the end without hiccups or incidents.

EDIT:
Account it was clipped from got banned. It was just a replay of the accident between the Mazda and Acura

Last edited:
#7 wreck in the bustop with the #55. Both cars continue but the Acura has massive rear damage. Staying green.
Edit: #7 to the garage.
Edit: #55 tried to send it up the inside going into the bustop, and hit the Acura, sending the #7 flying into the tire barrier. #55 drive thru penalty for avoidable contact.
That was the most GT Sport accurate move I’ve ever seen in real racing

Back