2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 678 comments
Rear right puncture for the number 81 LMP2

upload_2020-1-25_17-52-37.png

Is there a doc or site which describes all of the different lights on the different car classes and what they mean? Which ones are required and which ones are just for style

Is there a doc or site which describes all of the different lights on the different car classes and what they mean? Which ones are required and which ones are just for style

The only mandatory colors are on the number plates, wing end-plates and mirrors (red for pro classes (DPi & GTLM), green for am classes (LMP2 & GTD). The various LED lights are just to make cars easy to spot during the night.

I believe the only class marker lights are the lit up position boards and car number. The extra lights are to help the spotters identify the cars at night.
Edit: tree’d

It’s going to be a beautiful sunset tonight. The conditions look like “no cloud” settings in pCARS2
I was thinking the same exact thing. I've been doing multi class racing in preparation for this race on PCars2 using the C7.R on Daytona and the sunset looks amazing. You can even see the sun rays coming through the stands.

Wreck in the front stretch infield! Caution is out! #47 and #23.

I've been away for a couple of hours, just got back as the Aston/Lambo incident occurred. There's only 3 or 4 GTD cars on the lead lap? That's disappointing.

Finally a replay. Really weird

EDIT:
The Twitch account that this was clipped from got banned. The Lambo dropped down to the double yellow to go into the pits but the Aston followed it down and didn't slow down. The Aston slammed into it

Last edited:
I've been away for a couple of hours, just got back as the Aston/Lambo incident occurred. There's only 3 or 4 GTD cars on the lead lap? That's disappointing.
Live timing shows 9 on lead lap at the moment.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I've been doing multi class racing in preparation for this race on PCars2 using the C7.R on Daytona and the sunset looks amazing. You can even see the sun rays coming through the stands.

Could You take a few close up shots from the pace car once it passes you? Please?

Yeah, can’t explain that one...

The Aston just continued the draft down into the first part of the pitlane. Maybe just got so close he lost track of where he was on track? Very strange.
Yep, looks like the Aston just got confused or wasn't paying enough attention. Followed the Lambo towards the pitlane without realizing it.

#25 having issues with the car shutting down. Driving to the garage now.

Back