Remove 3Dgrass in kn5
Add 3dgrass
Add VAO
Update map, outline, and preview
https://sharemods.com/15knge1dwvqg/baskerville.7z.html
preview.png

if you'd like to make a donation to my work:
Dude, you are like a machine. Do you ever sleep? 👍

I have an issue on the setup screen. In setup.ini, I have the gearing all sorted out, but in the in-game setup screen there aren't any options to adjust the ratios at all, just the max speed.

EDIT: Disregard, working now.

Last edited:
OK, made a discovery today, that might help some people. It was driving me crazy since i bought the first URD GTE car (modern one), and was getting me even more crazy with gt4 pack from Guerilla. It also happened on other mod packs here and there, but not so often. And all that even though i had normal stable FPS rate. I kept getting this micro stutters of picture, like frame drops. Sometimes every few seconds, sometimes not so often. I was trying everything, thinking it had something to do with video settings of my PC. I gave up eventually, didn't drive gt4s at all even though i like them a lot, and I was always struggling with GTEs. Couldn't give that up, as Aston Martin GTE 2019 from URD is in my opinion the best car to drive in all sim racing.

Today i was going through settings and opened the audio_engine.ini file. I remembered that it was a thing a while back to change the number of audio channels from 256 to 512. Don't remember why. Had something to do wit ACFan's and Fonsecker mods not working correctly. And i had this setting again on 256. Don't remember putting it back. It must of happened when doing an integrity check after a power outage and my AC wouldn't start. Then i started thinking, both these packs have very loud intensive sounds of cars, i have an ACFan mod on some GTEs....

Anyway to shorten the story, changed the channels from 256 to 512, and no more stuttering of picture in both mod packs. IT WAS THE SOUND!!! THE ENTIRE TIME, IT WAS THE SOUND!!!!

If you have similar problems, the file audio_engine.ini is located in: ...\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

Change the value of max channels to 512. It should then look like this:

[SETTINGS]
ENABLE_AUDIO=1
MAX_CHANNELS=512
UPDATE_INTERVAL=0
ENABLE_PERFORMANCE_SPEW=0
LIVE_UPDATE=0

This doesn't lower your FPS and you won't brake anything in AC by changing this and you can always change it back. The hours I spent fixing this, AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! It makes me so mad.

It might make you more mad knowing the 512 channel fix has been around for years, all you had to do was google it. :D:dopey:

i need help guys. I'm experimenting with shaders with my car i used ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt it looks fine and dandy in the showroom but when i want to drive it it drives ok for some minutes and then just crashes peeps on discord told me that something is wrong in the data not with the shaders but i can't find it i have the AO properly done along with an proper txmap is there any fix for this?
2020.07.20-21.24.png

OK, made a discovery today, that might help some people. It was driving me crazy since i bought the first URD GTE car (modern one), and was getting me even more crazy with gt4 pack from Guerilla. It also happened on other mod packs here and there, but not so often. And all that even though i had normal stable FPS rate. I kept getting this micro stutters of picture, like frame drops. Sometimes every few seconds, sometimes not so often. I was trying everything, thinking it had something to do with video settings of my PC. I gave up eventually, didn't drive gt4s at all even though i like them a lot, and I was always struggling with GTEs. Couldn't give that up, as Aston Martin GTE 2019 from URD is in my opinion the best car to drive in all sim racing.

Today i was going through settings and opened the audio_engine.ini file. I remembered that it was a thing a while back to change the number of audio channels from 256 to 512. Don't remember why. Had something to do wit ACFan's and Fonsecker mods not working correctly. And i had this setting again on 256. Don't remember putting it back. It must of happened when doing an integrity check after a power outage and my AC wouldn't start. Then i started thinking, both these packs have very loud intensive sounds of cars, i have an ACFan mod on some GTEs....

Anyway to shorten the story, changed the channels from 256 to 512, and no more stuttering of picture in both mod packs. IT WAS THE SOUND!!! THE ENTIRE TIME, IT WAS THE SOUND!!!!

If you have similar problems, the file audio_engine.ini is located in: ...\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

Change the value of max channels to 512. It should then look like this:

[SETTINGS]
ENABLE_AUDIO=1
MAX_CHANNELS=512
UPDATE_INTERVAL=0
ENABLE_PERFORMANCE_SPEW=0
LIVE_UPDATE=0

This doesn't lower your FPS and you won't brake anything in AC by changing this and you can always change it back. The hours I spent fixing this, AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! It makes me so mad.

Holy crap, man. Thanks for this little tip. I wasn't having any major issues, but after changing this per your instructions, everything seems super smooth. Why does this work like this? I would think enabling more channels would introduce more load. Wild.

Here ya go Teddie, picture is with original ai lines:

View attachment 942564

The track doesn't seem to have it's own layout (kn5?) so maybe the ai still thinks it's supposed to go straight, and then realizes too late it should turn? I don't know. One problem could also be the braking zone starts before the start/finish line. AI hints have no effect (I've never tried to create a hint that traversed the S/F). Stumped.

@Teddie and @KevinK2 For the TEST configuration for Fiorano_2017 (think that is the spelling of track) track I did some testing and used the following AI hints.
Still need to play with the numbers, but you get what I am trying to do.
MAXSPEED tends to slow down the car better in spots like this track.

Note: Dont use the comments with the code.

[HINTS_0] ; these 2 slow down the car through the chicane
START=0.00200
END=0.03200
VALUE=0.80

[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0.00200
END=0.03200
VALUE=50

[HINTS_1] ; these 2 slow the car down some on short portion of the straight before chicane
START=0.9600
END=0.99999
VALUE=0.50

[MAXSPEED_1]
START=0.9600
END=0.9999
VALUE=50

Last edited:
Has anyone got this? Really interested to hear how it handles.

I bought it! Here's how it handles.
(Im no sim expert and I dont know anything about realism so take this with a g̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ Spoonful of salt)

IT definitely feels more lively than the URD JT5 Shiro, it feels more weighted too, and more affected by weight transfer. And if the URD Shiro has a slight understeer tendency, this one is more eager to oversteer out of corners, especially at low speeds. it really does feel RWD if that makes sense. The steering ratio is different too, the AVR feels more like steering an LMP car, much shorter ratio.

I think its a tad bit faster than the Shiro on speed, but is a bit unsure at corners, so they post a similar lap time on Suzuka.

The model is great looking too, I kinda like it more than URDs car, but I dont know if thats because its the 2020 updated car or the modelling is better.

Im not sure which is more realistic, but I do say that the AVR is more difficult to drive, and a bit more fun. I like driving it more than the URD but that may just be me. I just wish theres more skins and liveries for it.

EDIT: It also has working wipers, unlike the URD which is a big plus if you want Suzuka on the Wet

Screenshot_avr500-r_suzuka_circuit_22-6-120-10-0-33.jpg
Screenshot_avr500-r_suzuka_circuit_22-6-120-10-0-3.jpg

@Teddie and @KevinK2 For the TEST configuration for Fiorano_2017 (think that is the spelling of track) track I did some testing and used the following AI hints.
Still need to play with the numbers, but you get what I am trying to do.
MAXSPEED tends to slow down the car better in spots like this track.

Note: Dont use the comments with the code.

[HINTS_0] ; these 2 slow down the car through the chicane
START=0.00200
END=0.03200
VALUE=0.80

[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0.00200
END=0.03200
VALUE=50

[HINTS_1] ; these 2 slow the car down some on short portion of the straight before chicane
START=0.9600
END=0.99999
VALUE=0.50

[MAXSPEED_1]
START=0.9600
END=0.9999
VALUE=50

Thanks for the hints dathyr. This definitely works better. It's still strange though- I could get the Formula Hybrids and V6's to make the turn with your settings (not the cars I'd be inclined to use on a track like this), but it seemed like heavier cars, like GT3's or the Ferrari 812 Superfast, for example, were still over shooting. When I tried to use smaller values, I could see them a bit slower, but still the same exact miss in same exact spot. It got to the point where the race starts were getting ridiculously slow, so I gave up (maybe for good).

Well there's several more hours out the door. At least I have some of the cars working now, thanks to you. 👍

BTW thanks also to @GIBBONS for his suggestions.

Version 3.0 - 2020.07.22
Lancia STRATO'S HF Stradale (1973)

CREDITS
- s3r1u5 for the conversion
- RealAKP for the precious collaboration
- cgbookcase.com and cc0textures.com for new materials textures

MAJOR CHANGES
New physics, new materials, new textures, corrected tyres size and with working wiper!

109681936_593087988064080_4161530569850858396_o.jpg

CHANGELOG

Physics
- new engine power/torque figure
- new aero
- new tyres v10
- tweaked suspensions setup
- revised car polar inertia
- slightly increased drag
- corrected steer ratio
- adjusted fuel tank position
- adjusted differential setup
- slightly faster gear change times
- corrected engine max RPMs
- increased max brake power
- corrected Pirelli Cinturato static pressure

Visual
- new materials
- new textures
- new skins with OEM color also for interiors
- new lights config
- replaced gearstick with original one
- corrected tyres and rims dimensions
- corrected brake disks dimensions
- removed flames
- fixed tyres normals and vertex by RealAKP
- added CSP carpaint and glass materials
- added exhaust smoke (CSP only)
- added 3D license plate (CSP only)

Other changes
- new longer wiper by RealAKP
- working wipers by RealAKP
- added wiper vibration with speed
- new collider kn5 file
- regenerated LODs kn5 files
- added differential options in setup screen
- added dash and turning lights functionality (CSP only)
- new license plates numbers
- swapped to 70s driver model
- updated ambient shadows
- updated CM previews

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited:
It might make you more mad knowing the 512 channel fix has been around for years, all you had to do was google it. :D:dopey:
Yes I know, that what makes so mad, I knew this. I had this setting changed, but as said a power outage during gameplay, messed up my install and had to do an integrity check, and it got reset back to 256. And I never thought of it until yesterday. Just old I guess, these things slip your mind when you get to a certain age. :lol:
Holy crap, man. Thanks for this little tip. I wasn't having any major issues, but after changing this per your instructions, everything seems super smooth. Why does this work like this? I would think enabling more channels would introduce more load. Wild.

Yes weird. But no, it's not about the load. The sound card can handle the load. The problem is that some sounds from cars can have more than 30 channels using a the same time. Especially acfan or fonsecker mods. And when you are in a close pack, AC actually transmits the sounds of all the cars that are close enough for you to hear them. You may not hear them all, cause one closer are much louder, but they do transmit sound. And when all the channels fill up, the sound card waits for at least one car to move out of range, so the channels get open for new sound to get transmitted. If this does not happen, the sound card has to recalculate which sounds are more relevant to transmit and resets Al the channels and redistributs them amongst the cars again. You may notice this when watching a replay and the sound cuts off sometimes, when the cars get close to the camera. And some sound cards this recalculation and distribution should be done almost instantly, and you wouldn't even notice it. Well you do, like you said it runs smoother now. But some sound cards get confused to much and freeze for few hundredths of a second, when they have to much info to go through.

Yes weird. But no, it's not about the load. The sound card can handle the load. The problem is that some sounds from cars can have more than 30 channels using a the same time. Especially acfan or fonsecker mods. And when you are in a close pack, AC actually transmits the sounds of all the cars that are close enough for you to hear them. You may not hear them all, cause one closer are much louder, but they do transmit sound. And when all the channels fill up, the sound card waits for at least one car to move out of range, so the channels get open for new sound to get transmitted. If this does not happen, the sound card has to recalculate which sounds are more relevant to transmit and resets Al the channels and redistributs them amongst the cars again. You may notice this when watching a replay and the sound cuts off sometimes, when the cars get close to the camera. And some sound cards this recalculation and distribution should be done almost instantly, and you wouldn't even notice it. Well you do, like you said it runs smoother now. But some sound cards get confused to much and freeze for few hundredths of a second, when they have to much info to go through.

Something that causes microstutters for me is cars with SatNav. Disable that technically-impressive but ultimately pointless feature in cars that use it and you might experience even smoother gameplay.

Can anyone explain why this is happening to my windshieldView attachment 942695
With Contentmanager you can extract the Gemballa within the showroom. then open the fbx File in KS Editor, select the window and set it to transparent. Maybe you need to select the window from inside the car. Hope this helps, otherwise come back to me.

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-22_11-17-27.png
    upload_2020-7-22_11-17-27.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
First of all thanks @Teddie for sharing the Polycode tracks... amazing tracks all around, so really thank you so much. Second, I had the following error message with "PC RuiSi Circuit":

Screenshot (105).png

How can I fix it?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back