Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,769 comments
I'm trying to do a good steer animation but it's impossible for me. I only know how to do it with Blender while most of tutorials/ks pipeline show how to do it with 3dsmax.

With 'steer animation' I mean the steer.ksanim. The animation from iRacing is more realistic. Every AC mod has the hands grabbing the grip wrong. I'm gonna pay if someone can do it, just PM me for more info of the car.
1658792813918.png

1658792833408.png

Wow - massive improvement. Thanks!
A few materials still have high ksDiffuse and ksSpecular values which bleaches them in sunlight (eg rubber trim around windows, and the 'plastic_MGL' surround to the hatchback glass) but overall it's like a different car. Top job.
Thanks too for the refractive lights, these are always much appreciated and look great compared to standard textures.
Personal preference but I disabled the photoelastic glass in the config and applied a Kunos preset - I think it looked far too reflective for a car of this vintage... almost mirror finish.

Shifting animation needed a little timing tweak I think:
Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=275
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=275
PRELOAD_RPM=6200
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0
You might want to swap driver_70 in as well - the current model's face clips through the view and can't be hidden under CM analysis. The pure white gloves are weird too, they have no texture - seems like Shokeus specc'd bespoke Talbot gloves in skin.ini but didn't include them in the download so unless you happen to have them in your texture
s folder you just get no texture at all.
Edit: driver position tweak attached too (remove.txt). His thumbs clip through the wheel but overall steering position is better and he's closer to the gearknob.
How do I change the steer.kasim ? :dunce: :lol:

Update for the Talbot Sunbeam Lotus:

Changed driver to Driver_70 and face hidden in first person view in driver3d.ini
better shift animation and driver position from Masscot
New and Better Refraction and textures+materials,removed to reflective glass
added License plate lights
No front refraction, because of meshes that stick together:indiff:

Download <----

So the Paul Ricard from ACC by Javier is finally released!!

Here's the link to the discord for the track, just join and download no bs steps to do.
https://discord.gg/6wRhsB73mY

I can only share the link to the discord as per the author's discretion, posting the track link would be disrespectful so I won't do it and I hope no one else does (but I'm sure someone would anyways xD)
I tested the track and the modeling is excellent, but I have 2 points to observe: 1 - The fps is terrible, always below 20 fps, the mod needs a complete optimization of the track. 2 - The pitlane entrance is still the old one from 2018 and not the renovated one, and the lack of some details and etc. If these details are fixed and @Pyyer does the extension it will be the best version of this track.

I tested the track and the modeling is excellent, but I have 2 points to observe: 1 - The fps is terrible, always below 20 fps, the mod needs a complete optimization of the track. 2 - The pitlane entrance is still the old one from 2018 and not the renovated one, and the lack of some details and etc. If these details are fixed and @Pyyer does the extension it will be the best version of this track.
also i dont feel any bump on the entry of turn5 , anyone else the same?

Does anyone here have these liveries for an NSX GT? The only links I could find to them lead here, and I believe the original creator might've used something like wetransfer which only holds files temporarily. Apologies for the low resolution image, it's all I could find of their existence.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 20

Here's the link to the discord for the track, just join and download no bs steps to do.

I can only share the link to the discord as per the author's discretion, posting the track link would be disrespectful so I won't do it and I hope no one else does (but I'm sure someone would anyways xD)
Looks promising. I'm liking those 3 contributors!

1658806443826.png

The 2&4 Project just landed in AC atmosphere
View attachment 1176543
Thankfully all suspensions are animated (thank to @MrDK09) for references.
It's not finished yet.
Anybody willing to make physics? you can dm at me.
I'm looking forward to trying this out! In Gran Turismo, it was interesting, but I think I became bored with it because it wasn't well suited for most of the tracks featured in that version of GT.

With this in AC, there's a few tracks I already have in mind, AND now I'll be able to enjoy it in VR. That seating position, hanging off the side of the chassis, with the road right there, should be fun. I hope it gets good physics to match its' light and nimble handling.

...so I'll be watchin' for it!

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to trying this out! In Gran Turismo, it was interesting, but I think I became bored with it because it wasn't well suited for most of the tracks featured in that version of GT.

With this in AC, there's a few tracks I already have in mind, AND now I'll be able to enjoy it in VR. That seating position, hanging off the side of the chassis, with the road right there, should be fun. I hope it gets good physics to match its' light and nimble handling.

...so I'll be watchin' for it!
Thanks! And the good news is that VRDriving will work on the physics side, so you won't be disappointed.

I keep getting "Unable to accept invite"

New car from pessiogarage is out!
Thanks for the heads-up...

Thanks for this update... The new Eagle MK1 may be a worthy-contender on this track.

Eagle MK1 - livery update

heat_mk1__liveries.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well, out of mischief and 110% healthy... This is a basic and quick update to Pessio's latest release - just wanted to make-up a twelve-grid pack ready for racing... A Hotlap event maybe?

RD link

Last edited:
I imagine they mean that the textures were ripped from ACC, and were created by Kunos.
Indeed, so the idea they were 'contributor's' to the track is very very lose, so nothing to be too excited about.

Regard's the track on my settings and system I'm getting no problems with 20 grid races with cars I've tried, it doesn't appear to be badly optimized like someone said few posts ago.

I prefer this layout to the other ones i have, I have about 5 PR's now and i don't even like this flat characterless track.
I need to purge.

Im trying to recreate the 1989 24 Hours of Le Mans race (without chicanes), but i cant seem to balance some of the opponents cars so that they are competitive (100% ai and 100% aggression), for example, a Mercedes c9 in reality accelerated ~380 km/h. on a straight Mulsanne. (qualifying about 400 km/h.), in the game this car is too slow, its top speed is ~335 km/h., although in qualifying the stupid AI guessed to use 100% turbo, but forgot to change the gear ratios in the gearbox, because of which the speed is very limited. Can i somehow make my opponents go faster, or just use my settings? I tried to set the standard turbo pressure to 70%, changed gear ratios in the gearbox, but the AI ignores all this.
Thank you.

Sorry what is your problem with my post' do I have to ask your permission to hurt your feelings?
woah there leslie. I think you need an attitude check.
You get arsey when no one replies to your posts, and you get arsey when someone replies to one. Can't win lol

You mentioned it doesn't have decent TV cams and pk3r72owns said "yet!" which means they aren't implemented yet. What part of that is offensive?

woah there leslie. I think you need an attitude check.
You get arsey when no one replies to your posts, and you get arsey when someone replies to one. Can't win lol

You mentioned it doesn't have decent TV cams and pk3r72owns said "yet!" which means they aren't implemented yet. What part of that is offensive?
And I'd better not reply and it will be my concern to follow the forum without interacting with the likes of you, I wish you the best

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back