FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2018Formula 1 

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 222 comments
It's looking like we're being set up for a late race fight with Vettel and Hamilton.

This could get juicy.

Kimi creeping up on Bottas.

There's the dry pace advantage of Ferrari.

Lewis is having a strangely hard time closing up on Vettel after filtering through that traffic.

Vettel on ultra-softs tackling the Mercs on track in the second stint? Will he be able to overtake on track?

There's the dry pace advantage of Ferrari.

Lewis is having a strangely hard time closing up on Vettel after filtering through that traffic.

Vettel on ultra-softs tackling the Mercs on track in the second stint? Will he be able to overtake on track?

I think Lewis is managing the tires knowing that Vettel might come back at him toward the end

I think Lewis is managing the tires knowing that Vettel might come back at him toward the end

He's got blistering.

Point might be moot. If Vettel doesn't pit now, he'll have to fight back against Bottas for second.

bad luck for Vettel. First Sainz held him up too long and then a not so good pitstop.

but more action for us spectators. battle BOT-VET

Bottas had fastest lap before that. Seems he was saving tires in front of Raikkonen for this late push. So he was always going to overtake Vettel when he pit, I think. Vettel only had a 20+ second advantage before the pit.

I’m expecting Saints to get a penalty for ignoring blue flags as Paul Di Resta said he ignored 9 before letting Vettel pass.

Bottas had fastest lap before that. Seems he was saving tires in front of Raikkonen for this late push. So he was always going to overtake Vettel when he pit, I think. Vettel only had a 20+ second advantage before the pit.
If he didn't get held up on track by Sainz or the stop went perfectly he probably would have come out ahead of Bottas

indeed.but I expected more from Vet on his US vs Bottas on Softs. Looks like Bottas is 'playing' with his 80-90-100% powermode too keep Vettel behind him. And then Vettel going wide again doesnot help him

That second place is looking in doubt, right now. Vettel's fresh tire advantage is going away. Now he'll have to wait for Bottas' tires to wear down... at the end... to attack again.

Mercedes trying to sell a dummy pit?

Actually, Lewis could have come in for new Ultrasofts and come out ahead of Bottas.

-

Eighteen laps left. That's maybe twenty two laps too few for Vettel to win this race.

Seems like Vettel might be having overheating issues with the car. Almost as if he is avoiding the slipstreams of the cars in front.

Does these defensive moves of Bottas cost him the podium? (if he has to pit again)

I though Vettel would have had the pace to overtake BOttas by now?

How on earth can a battle for second, with the cars so close to each other, still be dull?

Ferrari are now thinking the same thing. Asking Vettel "How fast can you go?"

Meaning: "Would you like to let Kimi through?" :D

Back