FRL~WSC IX - THE RACE: O'RAMA. GT-P CHAMPION: LANCEREVO7. GT-O CHAMPION: JAMMY21Open 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,211 comments
@snowgt are these the actual setups we need to follow? Downforce? Have they all been tested?

You don't need to follow anything, and of course the setups can only be followed insofar as they don't contradict the specs in the OP.

There is no adjustable downforce on these cars.

Basically you can only use these setups as a guideline for suspension and LSD settings. Gearing and brakes you will have to work out yourself, but those are more or less straight forward.

These are the suspension and LSD settings I tested with. That doesn't mean they'll necessarily work for everyone, but I found them to be good enough so that I could push the cars to what I felt was their limit. I'm sure they can be made marginally better by someone who knows what they're doing, but not by a mile, I think.

If you feel like one car sticks out with a different setup, feel free to speak up and I'll reevaluate.

You don't need to follow anything, and of course the setups can only be followed insofar as they don't contradict the specs in the OP.

Basically you can only use these setups as a guideline for suspension and LSD settings. Gearing and brakes you will have to work out yourself, but those are more or less straight forward.

These are the suspension and LSD settings I tested with. That doesn't mean they'll necessarily work for everyone, but I found them to be good enough so that I could push the cars to what I felt was their limit. I'm sure they can be made marginally better by someone who knows what they're doing, but not by a mile, I think.

If you feel like one car sticks out with a different setup, feel free to speak up and I'll reevaluate.

Permission to link in OP?

Also updated entry due soon.

I would like you to look at the C3's weight. Its like driving around dragging a village behind you. Maybe less weight and a bit less BHP perhaps?

upload_2014-11-10_20-41-24.png

GT-O Corvettes full, Toyotas full, however as they expressed early interest @Downhill Dino and @Yeratel84 have an option on 1.

Anyway @Pluxtheduck @ranhammerR34 @rustyMercedes (welcome back ;) ) @redbullrider20 @jammy21 @1996mikey2412 @R0ssingt0n @PatrisS136 @gtpanoz @raceorama123432 @Ninners @Furinkazen @snowgt @Yeratel84 @CAMikaze (what is your number?) @FlyingFox @RACECAR @chrisjohnson93 @LancerEvo7

I never officially signed up, but okay. Please denote me as part time, as of right now I'm very limited on racing this.

I never officially signed up, but okay. Please denote me as part time, as of right now I'm very limited on racing this.

Larger screenshot would show as you being registered for 2 rounds ;) - it's just so I don't forget you :P

I would like you to look at the C3's weight. Its like driving around dragging a village behind you. Maybe less weight and a bit less BHP perhaps?

It needs the power it has, otherwise it's too sluggish in acceleration and too slow in top speed. From the lap times it needs the extra weight though - otherwise it's just too fast. The ballast is on the light side anyway. If you take the weight off and that's what you're used to, of course it will feel more agile in comparison.

Larger screenshot would show as you being registered for 2 rounds ;) - it's just so I don't forget you :P
What rounds would those be? Also, I'll race as much as I can. So it might be more than 2, we will just have to wait and see.

It needs the power it has, otherwise it's too sluggish in acceleration and too slow in top speed. From the lap times it needs the extra weight though - otherwise it's just too fast. The ballast is on the light side anyway. If you take the weight off and that's what you're used to, of course it will feel more agile in comparison.

Ballast is adjustable of course in position.

So @snowgt, what tracks on the current WSC calendar would you have your cars run on to decide your choice of ride for the upcoming season?

Speaking of which, if I do take part, it'll be at this point on a part-time basis with the caveat of my participation in the races will depend on what my work schedule for the day of each of the races will be. Not to mention my racecraft is still a WIP.

@Furinkazen, how many slots are currently open for some of the GT-O cars? IIRC, there's still 1 for the Shelby GT350?

Last edited:

Not arguing, but 5 seconds off the pace at Bathurst..............? But if you're happy with it so be it.

So @snowgt, what tracks on the current WSC calendar would you have your cars run on to decide your choice of ride for the upcoming season?

Ideally, you would pick 2 or 3 cars and test them on as many tracks as possible. To get a feel for them you will have to test on tracks that offer different types of corners. I like Daytona for a mixture of slow corners with acceleration and top speed. For medium to high speed corners, maybe Silverstone or Spa is a good choice. Motegi might be also a good choice for working out, if you like a car's handling.

Not arguing, but 5 seconds off the pace at Bathurst..............? But if you're happy with it so be it.

5 seconds off whose pace in what car….? :odd:

I didn't test there, but I'll give it a try. As far as I remember, last season's pace was about 2:18/19, right?

5 seconds off whose pace in what car….? :odd:

I didn't test there, but I'll give it a try. As far as I remember, last season's pace was about 2:18/19, right?

The Vette of course Sir and Racecar was behind me.

I was quite a bit off the pace around Bathurst as well as my best time was 2:04.0, but I'm much closer on other tracks such as RBR

The car does not suit me? WTF?

Yes. You know, perhaps you and the Corvette just don't get along. Or GT6 randomly assigned you wrong tyres. I would firmly expect you in 2:19's around Bathurst. Also you forget, @R0ssingt0n was around 1-2 seconds off of Jammys 2:17 (which seemed a one hit wonder of a lap)... and perhaps you don't have right set up. Can't expect to be on pace after Day #1 all the time.

Yes. You know, perhaps you and the Corvette just don't get along. Or GT6 randomly assigned you wrong tyres. I would firmly expect you in 2:19's around Bathurst. Also you forget, @R0ssingt0n was around 1-2 seconds off of Jammys 2:17 (which seemed a one hit wonder of a lap)... and perhaps you don't have right set up. Can't expect to be on pace after Day #1 all the time.

2:17?? That sounds … too fast. Was that in the Mustang?

I'll run a test series in all cars there in the coming days. It's quite an extreme track though. I've got the feeling 1 or 2 cars might suffer there (shouldn't be the Vette though).

I'll run a test series in all cars there in the coming days. It's quite an extreme track though. I've got the feeling 1 or 2 cars might suffer there (shouldn't be the Vette though).

Yeah.. Didn't see another sub 2:18 all night. @jammy21 I am right?

the Toyota struggles a little bit going up the mountain

Latest Posts

Back