Gran Turismo 7 Spec III is Now Available: Two Tracks, Eight Cars, New Features

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinner
  • 3,045 comments
  • 564,327 views
Montreal is not a road track, it’s a dedicated racing track used for bicycling and roller blades all year except the F1 weekend.
It is both of those things. Why would one preclude the other?

Are you conflating road track with street circuit?
 
The 296 road car was a pleasant surprise.

Alongside the Space F1, 296 GT3, FTO and the F1 car, for me it's a very good selection of cars.

The Panda is the cherry on top.

It's amazing what can be done with AI.

1000049066.webp
 
The article mentions we’re expecting new physics in Spec 3. I thought we’re getting Dunlop cosmetics now and physics later. No?
 
The 296 road car was a pleasant surprise.

Alongside the Space F1, 296 GT3, FTO and the F1 car, for me it's a very good selection of cars.

The Panda is the cherry on top.

It's amazing what can be done with AI.

Ah yes, Gran Turismo 7 - The Neat Driving Shajlapori
Who would've thought PD gonna change GT's famous slogan in Spec III
 
Despite being shown on a race track the PP image is of 2 rally versions of existing cars. Rather than customisations I wouldn't be surprised if they are specifics versions that come with the DLC or are some sort of Rally upgrade like we use to have with the Race Modifications we use to be able to apply to certain cars. Some of the thumbnail images in the PP DLC hinted as specially modified versions of existing cars.
 
Last time with Michelin tires we did get new physics.
Totally. I was thinking they’d need time to develop them considering what Kaz said couple of months ago on stage. Or, maybe they have been developing them for some time now. Idk, it’s so hard to know what’s happening with PD.
 
With emojis:

Ferrari 296 GT3: 👍🏻
Ferrari 296 GTB: 👀
Polestar 5: 🤔
Fiat Panda: 😁
GT F3500-B: 🙌🏻
Mine's R34: 😁
Mitsu FTO: 😍
Espace F1:🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
 
Last edited:
Without wanting to sound like an actual killjoy, I really hoped they would have included this 296 model instead:View attachment 1495140 Looking at the pic posted by Kaz, the covered car lacks the rear wing shape of the Speciale. I'm still grateful that we're getting the GTB, don't get me wrong.
Yeah that would be cool. By that is a gorgeous pic of that 296. Hopefully maybe they will have some aero options to make a car that looks similar to that one. Who knows
 
1-get out; 2- dissapointment; 3-ok; 4-very nice;
5-thank you thank you thank you!!!

Mitsubishi FTO: 5
Fiat Panda: 5
Mine's R34: 5
Formula F3500-B: 3
Renault Espace F1: 5
Polestar 5 : 1
Ferrari 296gt3: 1
Ferrari 296gtb: 1

My hatred of post 2000s supercars is only matched by my hatred of SUVs. Both because they make them all unforgivably ugly.
 
Last edited:
The cars are the cars, I just see different handling cameras and some style options, everyone’s mileage varies.

Sports mode is where my thing is really at, now will they revamp it properly or is it going to be surface level?

Single player peeps are it appears in for a got time, will sport mode get the actual love?
 
Well, it’s at the bottom of the content, below Scapes. Hope PD will look out for the Sport Mode players. Maybe pausing the game has B-Spec take over. 🤷

Gran Turismo 7 "Spec III" Update Content​

・Two new tracks (Yas Marina Circuit, Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve)
・Eight new cars
・Dunlop tires
・Data Logger
・Collector Level cap increased
・Unlimited car invitations in Brand Central
・Enhanced Weekly Challenges
・New opening movie
・New Menu Book Seasonal Menu
・New events in Circuit Experience
・New Curations in Scapes
・Improvements to online races
 
Montreal is not a road track, it’s a dedicated racing track used for bicycling and roller blades all year except the F1 weekend.
It is both of those things. Why would one preclude the other?

Are you conflating road track with street circuit?
The confusion stems from the origins of the track. It was the road used during Expo 67 first, and then converted into a race track, and now still accessible by the public when not used for racing. So @Famine is correct is saying that it is not a "street circuit" in the normal sense of the term, although it is publicly accessible like a street circuit.

https://www.formula1.com/en/informa...es-villeneuve-montreal.3ootdKogPeMEGqcNpleNrN
 
I wonder what engine swaps will be available? I still hold out hope for a 2nd swap for Tuscan Speed Six in the form of the Jag V12 so we can recreate the Speed 12. I guess we'll find out
 
The cars are the cars, I just see different handling cameras and some style options, everyone’s mileage varies.

Sports mode is where my thing is really at, now will they revamp it properly or is it going to be surface level?

Single player peeps are it appears in for a got time, will sport mode get the actual love?
Worth noting it says improvements to "online" - nothing specifying Sport Mode.

I'm expecting better lobby controls, maybe host migration? But I don't think Sport will get touched.
 
1-get out; 2- dissapointment; 3-ok; 4-very nice;
5-thank you thank you thank you!!!

Mitsubishi FTO: 5
Fiat Panda: 5
Mine's R34: 5
Formula F3500-B: 3
Renault Espace F1: 5
Polestar 5 : 1
Ferrari 296gt3: 1
Ferrari 296gtb: 1

My hatred of post 2000s supercars is only matched by my hatred of SUVs. Both because they make them all unforgivably ugly.
God, you're hard to please! If you think so little of the cars on the biggest and most ambitious update for GT7, I'd hate to think what you made of all the previous updates? I'm surprised if you have the disc version that you haven't used it as a frisbee already, or if you have the digital version, deleted it for good.

Do you hate the 2 new tracks as well? Would you prefer something pre 2000's than hasn't been updated since then as well? A large open space East German cobbled prison yard perhaps and a Trabant 500 or FSO Polonez to take for a spin on it?

I have to question whether GT7 is really the game for you?!

Cheer up. Things aren't that bad!
 
Last edited:
The 296 road car was a pleasant surprise.

Alongside the Space F1, 296 GT3, FTO and the F1 car, for me it's a very good selection of cars.

The Panda is the cherry on top.

It's amazing what can be done with AI.

I usually hate it when they force you to wear a specified racing suit just because you drive a certain car, but THIS would be hilarious😂
 
God, you're hard to please! If you think so little of the cars on the biggest and most ambitious update for GT7, I'd hate to think what you made of all the previous updates? I'm surprised if you have the disc version that you haven't used it as a frisbee or if you have the digital version, deleted it for good.

Do you hate the 2 new tracks as well? Would you prefer something pre 2000's it hasn't been updates since then? A large open space East German cobbled prison yard perhaps and a Trabant 500 or FSO Polonez to take for a spin on it?

I have to question whether GT7 is really the game for you?!

Cheer up. Things aren't that bad!
Can’t put a cap on people’s preferences. I’d rather a foxbody Mustang over both 296s, but these are what we’re getting.
 
Can't wait to tune the Panda and send it into space alongside things like the R4 GTS or an Autobianchi A112.

Also, If the Panda comes with its 30hp engine, I think it would almost fit the Keijidosha regulations..
 
Worth noting it says improvements to "online" - nothing specifying Sport Mode.

I'm expecting better lobby controls, maybe host migration? But I don't think Sport will get touched.
I kinda thought this was the case with sticking to the mid week patch cycle.

Well at least there is a few new track combos for TT and dailies :/
 
YES!
THE PANDA!
I am really fond of that little nugget, and I'm SO glad that it came back!
Lots of fond memories of the ones my family had when I was a child, I kinda hope it will be the 4x4 one this time (Even if the 1000 Super from GT4 has a special place in my heart).




And the other ones are ok too I guess (actually really hyped for the Espace too).
 
Not that this game needs improvement but it’s welcome, extra tracks and cars are always welcome, I’m at the age where I’m don’t play other games anymore but I do play the shut outa this game, 👊
 
Since people are giving their opinions on the 8 cars, I’ll give mine for no other reason other than why not I guess (using the 1-5 star rating system used earlier by some):
  • Mitsubishi FTO (4): joins other Japanese Compact Sports cars so definitely a necessary choice.
  • Fiat Panda (3): not the first car I would have suggested but could have some fun tuning potential and adds another Fiat road car.
  • Mines BNR34 (2.5): a good car obviously but not as necessary in my opinion as we very recently got the Z-Tune R34.
  • F3500-B (2): I’m sure will be a weapon but kinda pointless as we have the F3500-A.
  • Renault Espace F1 (5): need I or anyone else say more?? Anyone who doesn’t vote this any less than a 4 doesn’t realise the significance this car has in Gran Turismo folklore.
  • Polestar 5 Performance (3): nice to see a new manufacturer but probably one I won’t immediately step into as of yet.
  • Ferrari 296 GT3 (4.5): a new race car is always welcome and this replacing the 12 year old 458 GT3 is necessary.
  • Ferrari 296 GTB (4.5): nice to have a new Ferrari road car and the fact it appears to be coming with the race car variant is very welcome.
For the record, I’m very happy with 8 cars coming unlike 1 or 2 I’m seeing here so happy days!
 
Last edited:
Can’t put a cap on people’s preferences. I’d rather a foxbody Mustang over both 296s, but these are what we’re getting.
No you can't. But at least you seem more accepting of what we're getting. "Hating" a quarter of a century worth of cars and thereby a large sum of the vehicles, which also means entire whole race classes, which are in the game, is dismissing a large portion of GT7. That's a lot of content. There can't be much additional content added for almost the past 4 years worth being interested in if that's the case?!
 
Last edited:
Worth noting it says improvements to "online" - nothing specifying Sport Mode.

I'm expecting better lobby controls, maybe host migration? But I don't think Sport will get touched.
“improvement to online races” suggest Sport Mode (dailies and championships) to me, but I guess we’ll see in a few days.
 
Back