Gran Turismo 7 Spec III is Now Available: Two Tracks, Eight Cars, New Features

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinner
  • 3,045 comments
  • 564,322 views
The confusion stems from the origins of the track. It was the road used during Expo 67 first, and then converted into a race track, and now still accessible by the public when not used for racing. So @Famine is correct is saying that it is not a "street circuit" in the normal sense of the term, although it is publicly accessible like a street circuit.
I'm assuming the original interjection came from me calling it a road track in my article this morning - due to the fact it... is - and the user thought that the term meant a track that is also public roads when not a track, which it doesn't.
 
It could be something that is across both Sport Mode and lobbies.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a variant of the Power Pack practice/qualifying UI implemented for online, for instance. Feels weird for a game to have two completely separate UIs for the same thing (plus or minus showing DR/SR).
 
Ok, what's the first car and first track to drive it on?
That will be determined by whatever Single Make race we get in the Weekly Challenges.
My first guess (shakes dice) is Fiat Panda at Yas Marina North...
 
@Famine The article says "Both are famous for being very different F1 venues, with the former a Montreal street circuit dating back almost 50 years" . I live in Montreal and have been to the Gilles Villeneuve track often. My understanding is that this is a dedicated race track, even if I was young 50 years ago. It is used for bicycling and roller blades all year except on F1 weekend.

It is not a street circuit like London or Monaco.

Yves
 
The only positive thing about getting the FIAT Panda now is that it won't take up slots for more interesting and worthy cars in future updates.
Yeah, I'm grateful it's freed up room for things like the Subaru 360 and Citroen 2CV to come to the game! Or is that not what you meant?
 
Yeah, I'm grateful it's freed up room for things like the Subaru 360 and Citroen 2CV to come to the game! Or is that not what you meant?
I had no doubt you would be the first to respond to this, it is very childish, it accepts users who prefer cars like the 296 GTB as well as other users, like you, who love to sit around driving boxes of pup.

But, Demio and Odyssey is cool.
 
Last edited:
My understanding is that this is a dedicated race track
It is, but they can also be road tracks (though I did put "street" in the article originally; I meant to put road, oops).

In fact the track layout is based on (but not identical to; more island was created, and more track laid before the first race in 1978) some of the roads created for getting around the exhibits of Expo 67, so it's kind of bits of both - even if they are not used as public roads today.

That's part of why it has a distinctive character compared to a street circuit like, say, Baku, or an airfield circuit like Silverstone, or a purpose-built modern venue like Yas Marina. And why I've been looking forward to it.
 
God, you're hard to please! If you think so little of the cars on the biggest and most ambitious update for GT7, I'd hate to think what you made of all the previous updates? I'm surprised if you have the disc version that you haven't used it as a frisbee already, or if you have the digital version, deleted it for good.

Do you hate the 2 new tracks as well? Would you prefer something pre 2000's than hasn't been updated since then as well? A large open space East German cobbled prison yard perhaps and a Trabant 500 or FSO Polonez to take for a spin on it?

I have to question whether GT7 is really the game for you?!

Cheer up. Things aren't that bad!
I did give half of them full marks. I just prefer the design language and engine characteristics of the older supercars and offroaders. The F430 I also quite enjoy. I got the platinum trophy a while ago so my GT7 experience is mostly custom races with 90s btcc liveries and Top Motoring style shootouts or Sport mode. I enjoy what I do in the game, appreciation of specific cars is both personal and subjective.

I like the tracks, I can't deny I would've preferred Silverstone and Midfield but that's wishlist stuff.
 
I had no doubt you would be the first to respond to this, it is very childish, it accepts users who prefer cars like the 296 GTB as well as other users, like you, who love to sit around driving boxes of pup.

But, Demio and Odyssey is cool.
TBF, you are the one passing value judgement on the Panda by suggesting it isn't "worthy" and a "box of pup", rather than simply saying that such cars are not what you personally enjoy driving in the game. We all have opinions, that's totally cool and groovy, but why judge someone else's preferences or imply that some cars are objectively "more interesting" than others?

As for me, I think it's a great selection of 8 cars; there's something for everyone. I primarily play online lobbies so will no doubt use both the Panda and the road 296, though I must admit that the FF physics in the game feel horrible to me, so I never enjoy these little classic FF cars as much as I would like to. :(
 
Um I was wondering, will the Ferrari 296 GT3 be OP and allow me to win the, The Human Comedy 8 - Gr.3 Lake Maggiore?
 
So Kaz’s tweet now makes it official:

The mysterious modded Beetle and Porsche in the Power Pack cover will be additional content, not just the two previously unknown cars in Spec III.
After having a look through the new events I will be checking the Volkswagen and Porsche for new parts. I wonder if any others have the option or will it just be those couple of cars for a new race.
 
@Famine The article says "Both are famous for being very different F1 venues, with the former a Montreal street circuit dating back almost 50 years" . I live in Montreal and have been to the Gilles Villeneuve track often. My understanding is that this is a dedicated race track, even if I was young 50 years ago. It is used for bicycling and roller blades all year except on F1 weekend.

It is not a street circuit like London or Monaco.

Yves
Yes, but much of the circuit comes from the original expo 67 "streets" even though you are correct that it is not like Monaco or other street circuits.

Spa was originally a street circuit as well.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=ht...bp&s=f7b016da26ed1db189fa1723615264f47e58a194
 
After having a look through the new events I will be checking the Volkswagen and Porsche for new parts. I wonder if any others have the option or will it just be those couple of cars for a new race.
I’m very curious if we’re gonna have a parts hunt in the same way the community had to hunt down the engine combos for the first ~year or so of GT7s life.
 
Cars are great, all of them.
Tracks looks great.

But I'm still the most excited about this:

・Improvements to online races
I just hope it's something big like improved penalty system, 4th race, shuffle mode, qualifing before each race etc.
 
I just hope, since we’re getting the Panda, that if there are new modifications available one of them is wheels that look like footballs.
 
Cars are great, all of them.
Tracks looks great.

But I'm still the most excited about this:


I just hope it's something big like improved penalty system, 4th race, shuffle mode, qualifing before each race etc.
Begging and begging and begging and begging and begging for consistent and stable Host Migration.

Unbelievable that we’re in 2025 and that isn’t a standard component of an online game.
 
Begging and begging and begging and begging and begging for consistent and stable Host Migration.

Unbelievable that we’re in 2025 and that isn’t a standard component of an online game.
It is even more unbelievable since they had it in GT6. Along with the ability to rename the room after creating it.

I just hope they get rid of the bronze tickets for players above level 50.

Did 200+ km earlier and what do I get for the marathon: 5000 credits. :banghead::indiff:
 
No you can't. But at least you seem more accepting of what we're getting. "Hating" a quarter of a century worth of cars and thereby a large sum of the vehicles, which also means entire whole race classes, which are in the game, is dismissing a large portion of GT7. That's a lot of content. There can't be much additional content added for almost the past 4 years worth being interested in if that's the case?!
You would be right in my case. Most of the cars added, mostly road cars, SUV, and EV, are not interesting to me.

I can understand other people might like it, and I get it that some are GT iconic cars, but ever since GT1 I always liked the racing cars the best. I didn't drive cars I couldn't tune and add the racing liveries and as soons as I won a race that rewarded a racing car I would never drive a road car again (unless I had to if the race didn't allow a racing car).

I get that my particular taste may be different than most, but hey that's me. Some of you may like NFS games because of the tuning, but they don't interest me in the slightest.
 
Last edited:
I'm honestly most excited about possible new modifications to cars with how extensively the bug and porsche have been changed in the promo image and them being confirmed to not be the two unknown free cars. Still trying to temper my expectations, but I can't help wondering what other goodies we haven't been shown.
 
Hoping the FTO had a widebody that makes it look like either the JGTC version or the LM Edition, preferably the PS1 Era LM:cool:
shafiq-lee-fto-gpx-2024-thumb.jpg

p1.jpg

41mtpkf4s9u21.jpg

full
 
Let's not forget the oldest "street" circuit, Circuit De La Sarthe.
Almost ¾ is actual French roads...
Avus is 2 years older


 
Last edited:
I'm honestly most excited about possible new modifications to cars with how extensively the bug and porsche have been changed in the promo image and them being confirmed to not be the two unknown free cars. Still trying to temper my expectations, but I can't help wondering what other goodies we haven't been shown.
Maybe in the same way that collector level 50 unlocks the engine swap purchases in GT Auto, a higher level (60? 70?) unlocks something along the line of “racing modification”, and that’s the results we’re seeing on the cover.

As it stands many cars already have unique GT Auto parts depending on if you use the widebody or not, so maybe on top of the “RM” variant there’s additional accessories that could compliment it?

I don’t wanna get my hopes up that high but the beetle in particular is so different to what we can do right now, as you said, I’m soooo curious how it’ll all come together.
 
Back