Gran Turismo 7 Spec III is Now Available: Two Tracks, Eight Cars, New Features

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinner
  • 3,045 comments
  • 564,285 views
I'm not even playing, the most fun my mates and I have had racing are with the weird little cars like the Abarth 595, A112's, Toyota Sports 800's etc. I'm actually looking forward to tweaking the Fiat Panda off its head and having a laugh with the boys. 2 hours and 45 minutes until install here in Brisbane. Giddy up
 
Maybe not in this update. But Super GT saw a B-Spec option in the pause menu of a recent build he played at the last GT World Series event.

But given how B-Spec wasn't mentioned in any of the marketing so far, I think that's for a future update...

I hope it gets included by the time I'm ready to do those 24 hour events in the Power Pack

B Spec has popped up here and there in event builds of the game. Wouldn’t read too much into it.
 
It’s a little artificially bloated. :lol: My PS4 Pro’s disk insert mechanism started developing issues around 2 and a half years ago, and to load up GT Sport I need to eject the disk and then shake and smack the console to get the disk all the way in and have it start reading. What this has turned into is me leaving the main menu run overnight to avoid doing another disk dance, but then forgetting to play the following day. Sometimes it goes as long as a week or two without me touching the game but it’s still running the menu or a pre race screen, and it clocks it as gameplay hours.

While I most definitely don’t have that full 11.5k hours logged in reality, I absolutely was a livery fiend in the first year of launch, and I very likely clocked close to 300 hours in the first month of covid lockdown.

This took me around 40 hours back in early 2018 (I was one of the few people who received a 20 mil car before from the wheel of pain before it was patched out):

View attachment 1496208
View attachment 1496209
View attachment 1496210

It’s hard to say what my true playtime is, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it was over 5-6000 honest hours of actual hands-on gameplay. I made hundreds of liveries, usually putting a lot of effort into authentic color matching with the HSV color code system, or decal searching, rarely spending less than 2 hours for each creation, and each car getting quite a lot of seat time (I made at least 8 ND Miata’s for the MX5 league event cuz I kept getting so many duplicates). I also refused to play the grinding game, and came of with creative ways to slowly build credits while staying engaged. This turned into a loop of me finding a really slow car I could use in an incomplete League event, put hours into a livery I felt proud of, and then incrementally tune the car until it can just barely beat the event - once I got the gold I had to switch to a new “project car”. The result was a huge garage of cars I cared a lot about and could take to lobbies for fun on occasion - but crucially, a loooooot of gameplay hours.

This is how I’ll be playing 7 once I can finally get past this godforsaken Music Rally screen:

View attachment 1496212

Also, apparently on a fresh system with zero update history, it only needs to download the latest update, not the whole 3.5 year backlog? I remember the GT6 days where it was possibly a 3-5 day ordeal for new players to try to hop in and get the game set up. Hopefully that is in fact all it is, cuz I might be able to start playing tonight!!!
Yup, you only have to download the latest update I believe (which probably contains all the previous update' contents). That's been my experience re-downloading some older games lately.
 
I imagine the Power Pack DLC will be able to be purchased then too, like a 100kb download which unlocks the content you downloaded in the 15gb.
There was a term for this 13 years ago. The question is whether you'll still be as angry today.
 
Tbh with digital goods it kind of makes sense. Bandwidth and storage are cheap.

But this concept now exists with cars too. Wanna get those heatable seats? Sure thing boss. Just buy this subscription right here because it's already built in. We just decided to arbitrarily disable it.
 
Yeah, you'll only be able to access Music Rally, where any progress won't be saved.

Just hang on until 10am
 
Hmmm this could be an issue…

IMG_1191.webp


edit

Ok, perfect time for my ISP to crap the bed. All my devices still showed WiFi connectivity but zero connection speed.
 
Last edited:
Yep, daggone Music Rally. :lol:
Maybe we purchase it in game?
Yes. We click on the star and it takes us to purchase it. What’s weird is the website has a button to purchase the DLC
IMG_7119.webp

There’s no add-on for the DLC like there are to buy credits. No problem. We’re almost there.
 
T Minus 30 Minutes... And Counting...
 
The Polyphony Digital team actually came to BBL to model the MINES BNR34 GT-R, and they even included the Type-B front bumper from Built By Legend’s version. That’s absolutely insane.


One of my all time ever Gran Turismo cars from way back when I got hooked on GT3.
 
Last edited:
Server maintenance hasn’t started yet.

I’d add around an hour to that at least.
"I do my traditional countdown based on NASA launches. That's the time until the rocket takes off. But it doesn't mean the mission is over yet ;) "

Edit: 10 Minutes to go!!
 
Last edited:
facepalm GIF


SOPHY

YOU ARE GETTING SOPHY EVENTS. SOPHY 3.0

Like, it's quite literally the ENTIRE POINT of the DLC so I'm not sure how that part of it has escaped people.


My download for 1.65 is already queued up. I got the notice today
Look mate, I'm a human being. I know we're on the Internet, which many people think gives a free pass to be rude, but it would be nice if you spoke to me like one, thanks.

Sophy is not the 'ENTIRE POINT OF THE DLC'. I couldn't care less about better AI, it's the events I want, which (on the basis that there are users who want it for things other than Sophy) proves your point completely incorrect. And I'm personally not interested enough in Sophy to even come close to justifying that price. I'm interested in getting the events that should have been in the base game, for the base price.

I'll probably end up buying it like the mug I am but to package up the events that we come to associate with Gran Turismo, events that 100% should have been in the base game (as is the general conensus) and then put it behind a paywall with slightly better AI drivers than the previous update, that's an absolute joke to be honest and I'm surprised more people aren't a bit pissed off.

£25 extra to get the game we should have had in the first place, + better AI. Nah, that's ridiculous.

(Sorry to those who are excited, not trying to dampen any spirits! By all means go and enjoy. But I feel like it had to be said.).
 
Last edited:
Servers are still down but the update can now be installed.
 
Look mate, I'm a human being. I know we're on the Internet, which many people think gives a free pass to be rude, but it would be nice if you spoke to me like one, thanks.

Sophy is not the 'ENTIRE POINT OF THE DLC'. I couldn't care less about better AI, it's the events I want, which (on the basis that there are users who want it for things other than Sophy) proves your point completely incorrect. And I'm personally not interested enough in Sophy to even come close to justifying that price. I'm interested in getting the events that should have been in the base game, for the base price.

I'll probably end up buying it like the mug I am but to package up the events that we come to associate with Gran Truism, events that 100% should have been in the base game (as is the general conensus) and then put it behind a paywall with slightly better AI drivers than the previous update, that's an absolute joke to be honest and I'm surprised more people aren't a bit pissed off.

£25 extra to get the game we should have had in the first place, + better AI. Nah, that's ridiculous.

(Sorry to those who are excited, not trying to dampen any spirits! By all means go and enjoy. But I feel like it had to be said.).
Upset after playing this game for 3 years in which I haven’t spent a dime on.. 3 years where we got free updates… a $30 DLC which comes out to $10 for a YEAR for the past 3years… It’s not that serious… as a grown adult if $30 after three years is causing you hardship I would be worrying about more serious matters vs a video game…
 
I closed the game just before servers shut. Clicked to play and it read Installing update. Then showed need to connect to servers three times and now I’m watching the GT7 intro.
 
Took me less than a minute to install.... But cannot do anything until the servers are back online... 2 more hours

Until then

Enjoying the new intro : fantastic !

Screenshot_20251204-000657.webp
 
Last edited:
Will the scheduled maintenance take a whole two hours or could it end earlier?

I've left the game on with all online features disabled. Was getting 30, then 15, then 10 & then 5 minute warning for the game going into offline mode.
 
Back