Gran Turismo 7 Spec III is Now Available: Two Tracks, Eight Cars, New Features

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinner
  • 3,045 comments
  • 564,261 views
Hope PD added rain for more tracks.
Rain on every track would be nice. Sometimes it’s hard to remember which ones have rain. They should all have rain in my opinion.
I think Sophy 3.0 is exclusive to Power Pack owners though, no? If you don't pony up $30 you get Sophy 2.1, or at least that's the way it seems. Sophy wasn't mentioned at all in the Spec III trailer or the news item on the website.
Sophy 3.0 also seems exclusive to the power pack races. It’s not like you unlock Sophy 3.0 for everywhere. All it looks like is the races confined to the power pack will be Sophy 3.0. Which interests me even less.
 
I'm going to ironically post this in both threads, but... can we please avoid cross-pollination between the Spec III and Power Pack threads? I've moved about 40 posts between the two today alone.

If you're talking about the eight new cars, two new tracks, new Weekly/Seasonal/Extra Menus/Races: Spec III thread.

If you're talking about Sophy 3.0, $30/£25, six tuned cars, 50 races, stars: Power Pack thread.

There's some crossover, but use your best judgment on this. Wondering if the six tuned cars might have relevance to the main game through their custom parts could go in either (as could the comments just above about whether Sophy 3.0 will be in the main game: it won't), but I'd put it in Spec III.
 
Do we expect that the extra collector levels will also have rewards associated (i.e roulette tickets) for each.

Wondering if I can expect 20 or so roulette tickets to pop up with my 300k or so collector points.
 
I just fired up the game and the announcements are in. TONS of new screenshots.

Looks like there will be new lighting adjustments to photo mode amongst the many other things.
 
WOOOOOOO!!!!

IMG_1183.webp


Time to find out how fast my internet is…

(I live amongst a forest)
 
Today’s the day very excited and looking forward to the update and power pack. Hoping next year we see some updates and b spec I hope too. Feels like Polophony do listen and can’t wait to see community made liveries too, been to gym etc done what I need to do home now so do some more racing and will have around 14 million for update later today/ tonight 7 pm 😁
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1404.webp
    IMG_1404.webp
    268 KB · Views: 15
WOOOOOOO!!!!

View attachment 1496191

Time to find out how fast my internet is…

(I live amongst a forest)
In my experience, the PS5 is a wifi hog. I have to do downloads after bed time, if I don't won't it affecting other items, like the TV, or computer.
 
Do we expect that the extra collector levels will also have rewards associated (i.e roulette tickets) for each.

Wondering if I can expect 20 or so roulette tickets to pop up with my 300k or so collector points.
My assumption is that the first seven levels will unlock the Unlimited Invitation tickets. After that I imagine that these higher levels will serve only to unlock certain content - like the four new EMBs, and perhaps future BMBs.
 
Time to find out how fast my internet is…

(I live amongst a forest)
Hopefully, its not this forest:

1764814205836.webp

Anyhoo, congrats. Don't forget you'll have the option to upgrade some of your PS4 titles (if said upgrade is available)
 
Hopefully, its not this forest:

View attachment 1496194

Anyhoo, congrats. Don't forget you'll have the option to upgrade some of your PS4 titles (if said upgrade is available)
I’ll get right on that GT Sport upgrade:

IMG_1186.webp


GT Sport is literally the only PS4 disk copy of any game I ever owned. I have a few digital titles like Borderlands 3/Handsome Collection, Trackmania, Burnout remastered, as well as some older titles that I got on a super sale in like winter 2018/19 (AC1, Uncharted collection, GTAV, NFS Rivals, but since Sport took increasingly larger and larger amounts of space and then would require double its install size to take an update, it basically became a dedicated GT Sport machine.

The disk drive is borderline broken (I need to smack the machine and reinsert the disk a few times to get the reader to “take”, no idea what’s causing it), I have all the online required trophies and all that’s stopping me from retiring the 4 Pro to a storage closet is the Lvl 50 trophy now.

7 may distract me from that for a while… 😬
 
Finally someone else noticed this. The Espace F1 is sounding considerably worse here than in the Yas Marina trailer. Can’t say I’m not worried, but at the same time why would they put out such a downgrade? Weird.

Also, the FTO had the Aero Series decal on the rear but interestingly got removed for this final trailer, converting it back to the regular version that has always been in the series.
I mean, in one of the prior trailers the F3500-B had a V12 sound. Now it has a V8 sound, and is confirmed to be using a V8.

It's likely that this issue is only an error in picking a sound effect. (Hopefully!)
 
Last edited:
Off-topic but the music when you use the "cool" reaction emoji is very... cool :P Thanks guys for adding that.

On-topic, I saw this in the Spec 3 post on the Gran Turismo website. For Scapes folks this looks interesting:

1764818058479.webp


Not sure if this means that just specific, previously darker Scapes get this option, or if it's for every Scape. Not sure either if the light position is preset of if you can control the light. I hope it's the latter! But even if it's the former, it's good that it exists for darker Scapes.
 
Last edited:
Are we getting the B-Spec back?
Maybe not in this update. But Super GT saw a B-Spec option in the pause menu of a recent build he played at the last GT World Series event.

But given how B-Spec wasn't mentioned in any of the marketing so far, I think that's for a future update...

I hope it gets included by the time I'm ready to do those 24 hour events in the Power Pack
 
I don’t think Suzuka will ever get upgraded.
What if the guy in charge of updating Suzuka just forgot? :lol:

Better yet, what if they just update it without drawing attention to it for this update (most definitely!). Suzuka isn't featured in either the Power Pack or Spec III trailer, and wasn't the signage at the Nurburgring updated without any mention?
 
Maybe not in this update. But Super GT saw a B-Spec option in the pause menu of a recent build he played at the last GT World Series event.

But given how B-Spec wasn't mentioned in any of the marketing so far, I think that's for a future update...

I hope it gets included by the time I'm ready to do those 24 hour events in the Power Pack
Maybe the feature wasn't quite ready yet because it was their lowest priority feature of all those included. I too hope that it will be added in another update very soon.
 
Do we expect that the extra collector levels will also have rewards associated (i.e roulette tickets) for each.

Wondering if I can expect 20 or so roulette tickets to pop up with my 300k or so collector points.
I dont think roulette tickets came with collector levels unless Im remembering wrong.

I think its just going to be the Extra Menus, New Tracks and Infinite Invitationals
 
Where can I get the preload? I find it nowhere in game, no pop-up or sth.
If you close the game, hit the start button and check for updates - it should start the download to update to Spec III.

It'll be available once the maintenance ends at 10am GMT.

I imagine the Power Pack DLC will be able to be purchased then too, like a 100kb download which unlocks the content you downloaded in the 15gb.

Or your PS5 automatically downloaded the update last night.
 
@Quakebass, dude, you have 11362 driving hours on GT Sport ?
Back of the envelope calculations, assuming you got it on release date in October 2017, that's almost 4 hours, daily ? Is this about what you drive on GT Sport alone ? That's some serious dedication !
It’s a little artificially bloated. :lol: My PS4 Pro’s disk insert mechanism started developing issues around 2 and a half years ago, and to load up GT Sport I need to eject the disk and then shake and smack the console to get the disk all the way in and have it start reading. What this has turned into is me leaving the main menu run overnight to avoid doing another disk dance, but then forgetting to play the following day. Sometimes it goes as long as a week or two without me touching the game but it’s still running the menu or a pre race screen, and it clocks it as gameplay hours.

While I most definitely don’t have that full 11.5k hours logged in reality, I absolutely was a livery fiend in the first year of launch, and I very likely clocked close to 300 hours in the first month of covid lockdown.

This took me around 40 hours back in early 2018 (I was one of the few people who received a 20 mil car before from the wheel of pain before it was patched out):

IMG_7561.webp

IMG_7562.webp

IMG_7552.webp


It’s hard to say what my true playtime is, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it was over 5-6000 honest hours of actual hands-on gameplay. I made hundreds of liveries, usually putting a lot of effort into authentic color matching with the HSV color code system, or decal searching, rarely spending less than 2 hours for each creation, and each car getting quite a lot of seat time (I made at least 8 ND Miata’s for the MX5 league event cuz I kept getting so many duplicates). I also refused to play the grinding game, and came of with creative ways to slowly build credits while staying engaged. This turned into a loop of me finding a really slow car I could use in an incomplete League event, put hours into a livery I felt proud of, and then incrementally tune the car until it can just barely beat the event - once I got the gold I had to switch to a new “project car”. The result was a huge garage of cars I cared a lot about and could take to lobbies for fun on occasion - but crucially, a loooooot of gameplay hours.

This is how I’ll be playing 7 once I can finally get past this godforsaken Music Rally screen:

IMG_1190.webp


Also, apparently on a fresh system with zero update history, it only needs to download the latest update, not the whole 3.5 year backlog? I remember the GT6 days where it was possibly a 3-5 day ordeal for new players to try to hop in and get the game set up. Hopefully that is in fact all it is, cuz I might be able to start playing tonight!!!
 
Last edited:
Back