GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 514 comments
Well you do have a point there. GT has had a big influence in the automotive world in comparison to other racing titles. From VGT to sponsorship of Nurb 24hr, even Jay Leno plays this series apparently.

PD outsources very little, compared to someone like T10 which outsources extensively.

Imagine complaining after getting hundreds of free cars and a dozen+ tracks. Some of you are so out of touch with gaming that you don't know how good you have it :lol:
I didn't complain about anything. The GTS support was great!

Last edited:
I didn't complain about anything. The GTS support was great!
Originally they were two separate posts so only the first line was a reply for you. It does now look like the second comment is directed at you now they've been edited together... but it wasn't ;)

When GTS was released, there was an understandable outcry about the lack of content considering the game had been in production for more than 4 years. They know that the game they released was a bare bones skeleton and if they had tried to charge for DLC there would have been a big backlash.
Yes, it's good that it's free but the game should really have had more content from the outset. Also, resources could have been better utilised in providing players with real life cars instead of VGTs, Gr 3 and 4, Group B rally cars that exist only in the virtual world etc.

Gotta say I am somewhat disappointed. There were numerous cars and tracks I was hoping for. But if the reason for this really is that they are shifting towards GT7 then I can’t fully complain. By sacrificing time for GT Sport now, it should give us a better GT7 later. That to me is worth it I guess :rolleyes:

The 180SX in Type X trim - which I expect this is - is a classy looking car when left stock. I love the love letter to classic 90s JDM that is a well-modelled PD car.

There can't be many Gran Turismo icons left now from that first game. The FTO, the Soarer, the TVR Griffith. Any others?

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 '10
image.jpg

Nissan 180SX Type X '96
image.jpg

Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
image.jpg

Edit: Treed

Anyways those are nice looking cars. Can't wait for the updates tomorrow.

VXR
The 180SX in Type X trim - which I expect this is - is a classy looking car when left stock. I love the love letter to classic 90s JDM that is a well-modelled PD car.

Agreed.

VXR
There can't be many Gran Turismo icons left now from that first game. The FTO, the Soarer, the TVR Griffith. Any others?

Prelude, Civic (EG), Eclipse, Silvia S14, Celica, Legacy... It narrows down indeed.

They cannot fix the penalty system and a host of other bugs/nonsensical things. Not to mention the "free" updates contain car packs that are completely out of touch of the actual motorsport world.

I have underlined "cannot" because this is very important. PD have tried multiple times to address several fundamental issues and failed for a prolonged period. Some other issues I suspect are very low priority so they don't bother their arse with them.

This far from excellent. PD do not, and have never excelled at after release support. That is an indisputable fact.
I will agree that the penalty system is far from perfect(it's the reason i stopped doing Sport mode races in fact) and it never really got the attention it deserved. What are those other issues you mention however, apart from the bugs and the penalty system?

When it comes to modern race cars i think PD doesn't want to render some of the older Gr.3 cars useless(look what happened to the Lexus GT3 prototype for example, nobody uses it anymore), althought in that regard the BoP shouldn't allow such issues.

I'm guessing we get the 500 as it has a cult following in Japan? Can't think why it would be prime for inclusion ahead of other GT6 premiums, otherwise.

I will agree that the penalty system is far from perfect(it's the reason i stopped doing Sport mode races in fact) and it never really got the attention it deserved. What are those other issues you mention however, apart from the bugs and the penalty system?
Lobby start issue still hasn't been fixed (where people get stuck in the pits or stuck at race start). Livery editor could use some tweaks (multiple minor issues). Giving penalties when they should really be invalidating laps in Time Trial. Network issues in general in Sport Mode. FIA Qualifying.

I'm sure there's a few more. I've been saying for a while that I wouldn't mind an update solely focused on bug fixes like the ones mentioned above. But now that the updates won't be as frequent, it doesn't seem likely.

What will it take to get the Nissan R3901 GT1 and the Toyota Gtone Ts020???

Do we really have to go and beg Kaz for it?

Before anyone opens the bag of worms... these two cars will probably have to go into Gr.2 given the lap times were within the 3:29-3:40 bracket which is essentially current LMP2 pace. Gr.2/SuperGT is know to be a similar pace to LMP2 at the moment.

Back