GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Stephan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

So updates are expected every 2-3 months months now, with maybe <5 cars. I've already tailed off with this game in interest anyways. Time to get back to other gaming then.

Victoria H and TrafficEmpire like this.
  2. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

Great news. Hopefully they do the honourable thing of enabling offline saves at the end of GTS support and keeping servers up a bit longer than they did for GT6 after a new game came out. They also really need to increase the XP you get.

Seems higher chance now that there will be world tours running next-gen GT on PS5 especially the latter two of the year as they like to show new content at them events and would be good marketing for PS5 and get more people watching the events.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Letadlo, IXON009, AlanH49 and 6 others like this.
  3. sirjim73

sirjim73

I dont have any problem with knowing updates are fewer and more limited, on the basis that means the focus is on the next game.

No new track or wet track is coming this update - we would have seen it at the World Tour otherwise.

Something included for @90sEnthusiast though :lol: and the DBR9 of course. The new 500 should be eligible for the FF and Hatchback events in GT League.

As for new GT League races, I'm also assume these will tail off now. Don't expect any new events this year. However, they have Laguna Seca still to play with now which is good for a few new races when added to Spa or another (wet) track.

A new Stars and Stripes race at Laguna Seca would be good please :idea:

EDIT - looking on the bright side, with fewer new cars to buy, it should be quicker for me to acquire another Unicorn or three without having to grind for them.

AgentBlackDog, Aero2000 and Stephan like this.
  4. Betty blue

Betty blue

Get over it! Glad they are moving forward. GTS was dying a while ago. It has stopped providing new experiences, and most updates were ( brought back) content from previous releases. new cars are certainly very limited and Grx is a waste of a few of them.

Clean Racer and GTRi_Zoki like this.
  5. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

I'm waiting for some folks here who will question about the number of cars that will be added in this update.

TurboPriest likes this.
  6. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

You are a 100% right.

7. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

8. xxy98cn

xxy98cn

Expected and not disappointed, as PD should have put most of their source into next GT on PS5.

9. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

I hope one of the said Porsche in this article will either be a 918 Spyder or Carrera GT.

10. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Welp, it's the beginning of the end boys.

The way I see it, one less car we see in GTS is one more surprise for the next game so all is not lost really. PD has been absolutely amazing with post release support in GTS, far and away beyond what was in GT5/6 so I'm happy with everything they've done.

Looking forward to these 3 cars, Mazda Vision Gr.3, Lambo Vision, the new Porsches and whatever else little morsels we have this year. There's plenty of other games to play in the meantime. Can't wait till we see the first bits of info on GT8 and the cycle of speculation continues again :lol:

11. MaxAttack

MaxAttack Premium

It's well recorded, yes here on GTP too, what they will be.

The 917 Living Legend Concept
    +
    All new Porsche VGT.

Something in me tells me you already knew this, though.

Ddkklop, ProjectF and Rotorist like this.
  12. xxy98cn

xxy98cn

Also I'm wondering if all of these GTS cars will come to the next GT. They are too fine for PS4 and lots of details are sacrificed in gameplay, if they are only for GTS it would be a waste of time and labor hours.

13. breeminator

breeminator

I'd be astounded if all the cars and tracks haven't been modelled to be suitable for PS5 as well as PS4. There's no way, IMO, that they're doing work for the PS4 game at this stage with the intention of re-doing it for the PS5 game.

14. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

Oh yeah, I forgot those were already mentioned before in a previous article from last year. My bad.

Ddkklop and MaxAttack like this.
  15. Ande3200

Ande3200

Content getting smaller i think They are trying to get the next gt ready as soon as the ps5 comes out

AlanH49 likes this.
  16. instinct808

instinct808

I don't know why y'all make that conclusion, if it comes to cars they will use same models in the next game because they quality is amazing - why would they stop with that then?

gtodaddy73 and TurboPriest like this.
  17. Achika_Kuonji

Achika_Kuonji

Mazda RX-Vision Gr.3 will not come before beginning of official 2020 season.

18. JarreauPique

JarreauPique

Because a game comes to it’s conclusion and they want to focus all their efforts on the next game?

AlanH49 likes this.
  19. Ande3200

Ande3200

1 st car i think its a Fiat 500 But why we already have it in the game
    2nd looks most likely like a Nissan 180sx it has never been a premium before, it could be a s15 as well But i doubt it,
    3rd car we already know it will be dbr9

Their Will be cars that Will be saved for next gt as Any other gt game normally do, that is at least what i think, Their no better hyping up a game than show off new cars

20. Fabr_123

Fabr_123

Good they are focusing on their next game, but I'm kinda disappointed they still haven't updated the Gr.3 class with *new* cars. Makes no sense to me.

21. Achika_Kuonji

Achika_Kuonji

I think someone has exclusive rights for new GT3 cars.

22. 05XR8

05XR8

From the GT Sport website, the Mazda boss says it will come before the 2020 Season.

Rotorist likes this.
  23. nickf1gr

nickf1gr

As the reveal of next PS5 is near the logic says that the resoursces (PD) will be used to work in to the next project (GT7)... he said ....

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  24. Achika_Kuonji

Achika_Kuonji

2020 season starts March 17. No more update will come before deadline.

25. Phaceless_Ph

Phaceless_Ph

Here we go, brace yourselves guys, it's time for the wave of: "Gt SpOrT iS AbAnDoNeD" comments...

26. Atwork

Atwork

If I remember correctly kaz said he overdeveloped then for the future, however it is interly possible at some he decides they are not good enough.

TurboPriest likes this.
  27. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

How many cars are we up to anyway?

28. xxy98cn

xxy98cn

~330.

NoonenF1 likes this.
  29. Strittan

Strittan Premium

They will keep making cars, but not reveal them until GT7. Why would they?

I bet you they have a bunch of cars ready that we haven’t seen, but what’s the fun in releasing all of them in GT Sport? I would hate to get GT7 when it arrives just to find out that it’s GT Sport with better visuals. Wouldn’t you?

30. BrunusCL82

BrunusCL82

I am convinced that at least the remaining GT6 real circuits will be added:

- Indianapolis
    - Daytona
    - Motegi
    - Silverstone
    - Ascari