GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 514 comments
Great news. Hopefully they do the honourable thing of enabling offline saves at the end of GTS support and keeping servers up a bit longer than they did for GT6 after a new game came out. They also really need to increase the XP you get.

Seems higher chance now that there will be world tours running next-gen GT on PS5 especially the latter two of the year as they like to show new content at them events and would be good marketing for PS5 and get more people watching the events.

Last edited:
I dont have any problem with knowing updates are fewer and more limited, on the basis that means the focus is on the next game.

No new track or wet track is coming this update - we would have seen it at the World Tour otherwise.

Something included for @90sEnthusiast though :lol: and the DBR9 of course. The new 500 should be eligible for the FF and Hatchback events in GT League.

As for new GT League races, I'm also assume these will tail off now. Don't expect any new events this year. However, they have Laguna Seca still to play with now which is good for a few new races when added to Spa or another (wet) track.

A new Stars and Stripes race at Laguna Seca would be good please 💡

EDIT - looking on the bright side, with fewer new cars to buy, it should be quicker for me to acquire another Unicorn or three without having to grind for them.

Get over it! Glad they are moving forward. GTS was dying a while ago. It has stopped providing new experiences, and most updates were ( brought back) content from previous releases. new cars are certainly very limited and Grx is a waste of a few of them.

Welp, it's the beginning of the end boys.

The way I see it, one less car we see in GTS is one more surprise for the next game so all is not lost really. PD has been absolutely amazing with post release support in GTS, far and away beyond what was in GT5/6 so I'm happy with everything they've done.

Looking forward to these 3 cars, Mazda Vision Gr.3, Lambo Vision, the new Porsches and whatever else little morsels we have this year. There's plenty of other games to play in the meantime. Can't wait till we see the first bits of info on GT8 and the cycle of speculation continues again :lol:

Also I'm wondering if all of these GTS cars will come to the next GT. They are too fine for PS4 and lots of details are sacrificed in gameplay, if they are only for GTS it would be a waste of time and labor hours.
I'd be astounded if all the cars and tracks haven't been modelled to be suitable for PS5 as well as PS4. There's no way, IMO, that they're doing work for the PS4 game at this stage with the intention of re-doing it for the PS5 game.

I don't know why y'all make that conclusion, if it comes to cars they will use same models in the next game because they quality is amazing - why they would stop with that then?
Because a game comes to it’s conclusion and they want to focus all their efforts on the next game?

1 st car i think its a Fiat 500 But why we already have it in the game
2nd looks most likely like a Nissan 180sx it has never been a premium before, it could be a s15 as well But i doubt it,
3rd car we already know it will be dbr9

I don't know why y'all make that conclusion, if it comes to cars they will use same models in the next game because they quality is amazing - why they would stop with that then?
Their Will be cars that Will be saved for next gt as Any other gt game normally do, that is at least what i think, Their no better hyping up a game than show off new cars

As the reveal of next PS5 is near the logic says that the resoursces (PD) will be used to work in to the next project (GT7)... he said ....

Last edited:
Also I'm wondering if all of these GTS cars will come to the next GT. They are too fine for PS4 and lots of details are sacrificed in gameplay, if they are only for GTS it would be a waste of time and labor hours.
If I remember correctly kaz said he overdeveloped then for the future, however it is interly possible at some he decides they are not good enough.

I don't know why y'all make that conclusion, if it comes to cars they will use same models in the next game because they quality is amazing - why would they stop with that then?
They will keep making cars, but not reveal them until GT7. Why would they?

I bet you they have a bunch of cars ready that we haven’t seen, but what’s the fun in releasing all of them in GT Sport? I would hate to get GT7 when it arrives just to find out that it’s GT Sport with better visuals. Wouldn’t you?

Back