GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Stephan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

It sucks we wont be getting more rain ,if they knew they were cutting the updates they should of left the rain bug.

also this is a nice way of saying time to buy a ps5 in the future, and then just like gt6 it will all be shut down, this is why Mabe it time I move on pc sim racing where game just keep Evolving Neither by the game Producer or a Moding community.

2. TJC_69

TJC_69

This makes me hopeful for a couple of things;

1. I hope they launch the next GT simultaneously on both consoles. This is a consumer friendly option, plus it would make them more money as not all players will switch to the PS5 right away.

And 2. If they don't do it this way, for the love of god, don't shut down the GTS servers to force players to upgrade. As they did in GT5 and GT6. That was a dick move on their behalf. Whether or not it was Sonys or PDs decision. Leave Sports servers up and running. It doesn't cost alot of money to leave servers up. So don't let them tell you it's a resource or financial decision. Plus they have the mtx's for sport in ps store. So it's an extra revenue stream available for them.

3. SUPRASTAR0003

SUPRASTAR0003

Just realised, maybe that guy who created that ‘GT Sport abandoned’ thread is right. :lol::sick::guilty:

4. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

I was hoping the top would be the 695 Biposto.
    [​IMG]

5. Fabr_123

Fabr_123

Manufacturers have the rights to their cars. These cars appear in all other games, but not in GTS. Anyway, this is not a topic to discuss here.

6. TS050

TS050 Premium

Crazy that PD's essentially had Toyota/Lexus exclusivity since late 2017 (outside of other Japanese racing games) and yet PG manage to get the LFA into their game after like 3 months of having the license

7. GTnForza4ever

GTnForza4ever (Banned)

No problemo, I'm happy to know PD is most likely working on GT7.

8. Haitauer

Haitauer

If they slow down to say 3 cars every 2 months, and a track or few for this year (which is understandable if anything GT related is part of PS5 launch), I hope they stop wasting time (theirs and ours) to cars like Fiat 500. That cars doesnt really add anything to the game.

9. juanffy18

juanffy18

Anything is better than nothing.

No more than 50 cars and 2 circuits this year i guess.

Gtsport28 and WJHMH like this.
  10. George Jakob

George Jakob

It surely is disapointing but i understand we they did it also the fact that we already knew the DBR9 was coming and that the second car is the Fiat 500 (I like it but its not the most exciting thing lets be honest) makes this update even more disapointing. Oh well whats done its done.
    That Fiat 500 is not the same as the one we already have.

I simply think they are moving on and they have to keep something to show for the next game.

Who buy's a console for one game?

Uhh :censored: here we go again with that "Unfinished" :censored: can you clarify what "unfinished" means ? Because PD was clear about what and how large GTS was going to be from day 1 . If you expected something else that on you.

11. wagnerFAM98

wagnerFAM98

Wait a minute, if 2020's updates are going to be modest in frequency and volume, and the game has currently about 330 cars, we probably won't reach the mark of nearly 500 that PD once said GT Sport would feature.

Ddkklop and IXON009 like this.
  12. danh25

danh25

lol
    You have no idea what unfinished means:lol:
    I think you're trolling anyway, so let's laugh at this post and move on:D.

13. Phaceless_Ph

Phaceless_Ph

"Could" or "Would" ≠ "Will"

Doesn't take a genius to know the difference between those words...

"AbSoLutElY dISgRaCefUl, nEvEr trUsTiNg KaZ aGaiN, SoNy sHoUld fIrE hIm"

14. Vspectra

Vspectra

They said 400 to 500 cars in the gtplanet article. In the end I think we'll get close to 400.

“In the end, there will be around 4 to 5 hundred cars. All cars have been re-modeled, and there won’t be standard cars.”

15. eran0004

eran0004

"Around 400" could be as low as 350 ;)

16. Ryan81

Ryan81

Not terribly surprising. With the new ps5 arriving, GTS is winding down. What I've learned is to take what 'Kaz' and PD say with a pinch of salt because invariably they always disappoint.
    Case in point, 400 to 500 cars.
    GT5 and GT6 had loads of poor quality standards, GTS has loads of PD tuned Gr 3 and 4 cars, not to mention the fabled VGTs......

Alas, it's no longer quite the revolutionary franchise it used to be.

AgentBlackDog and TokoTurismo like this.
  17. O604

O604

I hope the next update is like 10 cars, a track, new poses, wheels, colors, decals and bunch of other stuff. Just to confuse everyone. :lol:

18. Granadier

Granadier Premium

19. MIE1992

MIE1992

I suppose that if it's really true that the next game will be launching shorting after the PS5, then it makes sense that GT Sport would want to wind down. But even if they plan to scale down to releasing three cars per update, it could still be fun anticipating what's next, as well as what else they may want to add with each future update, such as the courses.

IXON009, sirjim73, watto79 and 2 others like this.
  20. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

The next GT gimped so it works on a 7 year old PS4? No thanks, that would be awful.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  21. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

Well good to know what's finally happening, I had a feeling this was the path chosen but 2-3 months between updates is
    perfectly fine by me considering I am gonna slow down my involvement with the game and play other stuff

My biggest pray now is that when do the get reveal about PS5 and the next GT game it ends up making me shell out my money!

22. TrafficEmpire

TrafficEmpire

At this rate, we’ll be lucky to hit 350.

23. TrafficEmpire

TrafficEmpire

My point exactly. I have the PS4 because my wife wanted it for several games. I play exactly two: GTS and Rocket League. Much as I’d like to play GT7, it ain’t gonna happen if it’s not on PS4.

C5-R_Racer_84 and George Jakob like this.
  24. Tetraturbo

Tetraturbo

I wonder if GT Sport will be available to play in the PS5. Man, i'll be really sad when they shut down the servers.

25. NosOsH

NosOsH

Love the complainers who bought the game physically in the bargain bin for 20 bucks, 15 months after launch and complain about how 'WE' only got an 'alpha' quality game at launch... I'm sorry but it seems you got nothing at launch, I got what I paid for, exactly what they told me it would be.
    For what you say ended up only being at best only a 'beta' of a game, I've driven almost 150000km in game, almost 4-5 times around the earth, played almost every day for 2 & a half years. Honestly don't think I've spent 99$ in any better way before. Even Witcher 3 didn't last me this long. It's the game that keeps on giving.
    So why don't you go back to IGN troll, thanks bye.

26. Calmlity

Calmlity

It's a sign GTS wouldn't arrive on PS5.

IXON009 and courageC60 like this.
  27. 05XR8

05XR8

From the article:
    Remember, we did get the Gr.3 Supra, Audi VGTs also the Gr.4 Supra separately, in their own updates.

TurboPriest and C5-R_Racer_84 like this.
  28. C5-R_Racer_84

C5-R_Racer_84

While I have no definitive proof, I wouldn't really be surprised if the small updates are, at least in part, due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus.
    After all, the Coronavirus has been affecting other companies as well.
    But who knows?
    Maybe it's just due to Polyphony Digital simply beginning to focus on the next Gran Turismo game.

courageC60 and Animedeaf like this.
  29. DaveyFT1

DaveyFT1

Well, first time I've felt dissapointed with the DLC I must say. If it is the Fiat 500, they could at least make it an interesting version, like the 695 Biposto. I am allowed to be dissapointed aren't I or is that wrong, yes it's free DLC but I'm British we have the right to be dissapointed. I don't mind there bring less frequent DLC but at least make it decent.

C5-R_Racer_84 likes this.
  30. Tetraturbo

Tetraturbo

I'm actually pretty disappointed. FOR ME, the DBR9 is just a V12 Vantage Gr.3, 180SX is cool and all but I'm not that happy about it, and do I need to say something about the 500? Can't believe I waited 2 months just for this. I think I'll just wait for GT7 at this point.

Animedeaf likes this.