GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 514 comments
It sucks we wont be getting more rain ,if they knew they were cutting the updates they should of left the rain bug.

also this is a nice way of saying time to buy a ps5 in the future, and then just like gt6 it will all be shut down, this is why Mabe it time I move on pc sim racing where game just keep Evolving Neither by the game Producer or a Moding community.

This makes me hopeful for a couple of things;

1. I hope they launch the next GT simultaneously on both consoles. This is a consumer friendly option, plus it would make them more money as not all players will switch to the PS5 right away.

And 2. If they don't do it this way, for the love of god, don't shut down the GTS servers to force players to upgrade. As they did in GT5 and GT6. That was a dick move on their behalf. Whether or not it was Sonys or PDs decision. Leave Sports servers up and running. It doesn't cost alot of money to leave servers up. So don't let them tell you it's a resource or financial decision. Plus they have the mtx's for sport in ps store. So it's an extra revenue stream available for them.

I was hoping the top would be the 695 Biposto.
Fiat-Abarth-695-Biposto-2015%282%29.jpg

It surely is disapointing but i understand we they did it also the fact that we already knew the DBR9 was coming and that the second car is the Fiat 500 (I like it but its not the most exciting thing lets be honest) makes this update even more disapointing. Oh well whats done its done.
1 st car i think its a Fiat 500 But why we already have it in the game
2nd looks most likely like a Nissan 180sx it has never been a premium before, it could be a s15 as well But i doubt it,
3rd car we already know it will be dbr9

Their Will be cars that Will be saved for next gt as Any other gt game normally do, that is at least what i think, Their no better hyping up a game than show off new cars
That Fiat 500 is not the same as the one we already have.

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-paris-interview-part-2/

Something drastic must have happened at PD. Either that, or Kaz was talking big without substance - again.
I simply think they are moving on and they have to keep something to show for the next game.

Well, there goes my hope of seeing the XJ220 in the game. I’m not buying a $500 console for one game either, so I guess this is the end of my road with Gran Turismo.

The message should have been dropped last month by Kaz when they did the non-content update, but at least he finally got around to letting us know what’s going on.
Who buy's a console for one game?

Well, that's it folks, show's over. It was good while it lasted, but it's a shame that we got an unfinished game at launch, which could easily be considered alpha stage and in the end the game resembles a beta rather than a full proper product. For me it wasn't worth 60$ on release and it still doesn't deserve that price point. At least I bought it for 20$, a fair price for the content included. Let's hope GT7 brings a better experience, especially in the singleplayer department and a good place to start would be improving the AI.
Uhh 🤬 here we go again with that "Unfinished" 🤬 can you clarify what "unfinished" means ? Because PD was clear about what and how large GTS was going to be from day 1 . If you expected something else that on you.

Wait a minute, if 2020's updates are going to be modest in frequency and volume, and the game has currently about 330 cars, we probably won't reach the mark of nearly 500 that PD once said GT Sport would feature.

Well, that's it folks, show's over. It was good while it lasted, but it's a shame that we got an unfinished game at launch, which could easily be considered alpha stage and in the end the game resembles a beta rather than a full proper product. For me it wasn't worth 60$ on release and it still doesn't deserve that price point. At least I bought it for 20$, a fair price for the content included. Let's hope GT7 brings a better experience, especially in the singleplayer department and a good place to start would be improving the AI.

lol
You have no idea what unfinished means:lol:
I think you're trolling anyway, so let's laugh at this post and move on:D.

Wait a minute, if 2020's updates are going to be modest in frequency and volume, and the game has currently about 330 cars, we probably won't reach the mark of nearly 500 that PD once said GT Sport would feature.

They said 400 to 500 cars in the gtplanet article. In the end I think we'll get close to 400.

“In the end, there will be around 4 to 5 hundred cars. All cars have been re-modeled, and there won’t be standard cars.”

Not terribly surprising. With the new ps5 arriving, GTS is winding down. What I've learned is to take what 'Kaz' and PD say with a pinch of salt because invariably they always disappoint.
Case in point, 400 to 500 cars.
GT5 and GT6 had loads of poor quality standards, GTS has loads of PD tuned Gr 3 and 4 cars, not to mention the fabled VGTs......

Alas, it's no longer quite the revolutionary franchise it used to be.

I suppose that if it's really true that the next game will be launching shorting after the PS5, then it makes sense that GT Sport would want to wind down. But even if they plan to scale down to releasing three cars per update, it could still be fun anticipating what's next, as well as what else they may want to add with each future update, such as the courses.

Well good to know what's finally happening, I had a feeling this was the path chosen but 2-3 months between updates is
perfectly fine by me considering I am gonna slow down my involvement with the game and play other stuff

My biggest pray now is that when do the get reveal about PS5 and the next GT game it ends up making me shell out my money!

I wonder if GT Sport will be available to play in the PS5. Man, i'll be really sad when they shut down the servers.

Love the complainers who bought the game physically in the bargain bin for 20 bucks, 15 months after launch and complain about how 'WE' only got an 'alpha' quality game at launch... I'm sorry but it seems you got nothing at launch, I got what I paid for, exactly what they told me it would be.
For what you say ended up only being at best only a 'beta' of a game, I've driven almost 150000km in game, almost 4-5 times around the earth, played almost every day for 2 & a half years. Honestly don't think I've spent 99$ in any better way before. Even Witcher 3 didn't last me this long. It's the game that keeps on giving.
So why don't you go back to IGN troll, thanks bye.

2020 season starts March 17. No more update will come before deadline.
From the article:
Montousse provided an outline of Mazda’s extensive involvement with motorsports and was joined by Mazda’s Head of Global Design, Ikuo Maeda, via video message: “In the Esports world as well, I want many drivers to select Mazda and I want to support junior drivers". He also announced that the MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT will appear in the FIA GT Championships 2020 Series.

Maeda then went on to reveal that, “before that, Mazda will introduce a new model to the race: the MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT”.
Remember, we did get the Gr.3 Supra, Audi VGTs also the Gr.4 Supra separately, in their own updates.

While I have no definitive proof, I wouldn't really be surprised if the small updates are, at least in part, due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus.
After all, the Coronavirus has been affecting other companies as well.
But who knows?
Maybe it's just due to Polyphony Digital simply beginning to focus on the next Gran Turismo game.

Well, first time I've felt dissapointed with the DLC I must say. If it is the Fiat 500, they could at least make it an interesting version, like the 695 Biposto. I am allowed to be dissapointed aren't I or is that wrong, yes it's free DLC but I'm British we have the right to be dissapointed. I don't mind there bring less frequent DLC but at least make it decent.

I'm actually pretty disappointed. FOR ME, the DBR9 is just a V12 Vantage Gr.3, 180SX is cool and all but I'm not that happy about it, and do I need to say something about the 500? Can't believe I waited 2 months just for this. I think I'll just wait for GT7 at this point.

Back