GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 514 comments
Wrong. It means I'm indifferent and could go to either side.
Okay then, I will just say I'm wrong, my apologizes and move on. Yeah, my mistake.

Someone said it was new to the series. Is it just this particular model or is one of you wrong? :lol:
Who would think that a Nissan 180SX (a car literally in GT since the first game) is new to the series? I'm guessing he's never played a past GT game.

Last edited:
Gimped how? Kaz himself said the graphics upgrades are becoming smaller every gen. GT doesn't have the most advanced physics in the world also. So how would it be gimped exactly? The PS5 is going to take time to push the envelope on what it can achieve. And PS3 and PS4 games launched simultaneously on BOTH platforms when the PS4 came out. So it's not that much of a stretch. Not at all.

Good luck getting dynamic time of day and weather, better frames per second and better VR support on an ancient console. And yeah, I remember a game that released simultaneously on old and new consoles at the same time. It was Battlefield 4, and it was broken as ****.

Last edited:
At this rate 350 can be expected by the end of the year.

We’ll be lucky to hit 400.
5 more updates after this one of 3 cars is 349 by my count, and I fully expect that Christmas 2020 will be the farewell update.

And anyone expecting tracks this year is going to likely be disappointed, unless you’re expecting Silverstone. Where most of the work for updates is in tracks, I’d expect them to be the first victim of a “modest” update schedule.

About Fiat 500 silhouette, the shape it's different on Fiat 500 normal.
Can to be the 695 Biposto!

Nissan 200 SX?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200223-164653_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200223-164653_Chrome.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20200223-164917_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200223-164917_Chrome.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20200223-165549_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200223-165549_Chrome.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20200223-165543_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200223-165543_Chrome.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:
Getting down to tin tacks, the only new car is the DBR9... we have other two in various versions as it is.

I'm thinking there's no new track either.

If only more people were this civil. :cheers: No worries mate. And yea, GT5 was my first GT game and I never had an interest in old road cars so I wouldn't have known.
Ah, starting with GT5. Funny thing about that, the 180SX is actually in GT5 & 6 aswell.
To be fair, there were a lot of cars in that used car dealership, so it's pretty easy to miss.

I also had a main focus on race cars, as I still do to this day. I don't really care about driving road cars to the limit. Because race car.

ME, the DBR9 is just a V12 Vantage Gr.3,
But its not (only the sound is).

Can't believe I waited 2 months just for this.
Because waiting is so hard right?.

So why should we care about the 180SX?
No one said you should care but a lot of people will.

.... Not in premium form......
You waren't specific.

expected a good online experience with clean fair racing,
Fair enough 👍 .

right now sport mode is consisted of suicidals that use your rear bumper instead of their brakes.
Its not the games fault people drive like 🤬.

But the amount of people that defend the game like its the best racer ever is amusing.
Who does that ? :confused: and if you are referring to me (Besides that you are wrong i would appreciate if you used you to address me rather than "we" .

Singleplayer was the most lame experience of any GT title, but since the game was mostly oriented towards online racing, it's OK.
I agree here .

Online racing though is once again lame, you can have a fair clean race only when you are playing with the stars or at tournaments.
Thats how it is in every game for better or worse again not exclusively GT Sport's problem.

but it's OK, let's pretend everything is fine and the game is flawless because the fanboys can't accept that GTS was an experiment and nothing else.
Again who does that :confused: .

about the "unfinished" part, remind me how many cars did Kaz promise the game would have in the end? Close to 500? Well, where are they? Right now the number is slightly above 300. Sorry, but Kaz lately is just promises, promises, promises and nothing else.
Wow some of you are amazing .... The title of the article you are referring to from August 1st 2016 "GT Sport Could (Eventually) feature up to 500 cars " For anyone that has basic understanding of english its clear that he didn't promise anything. And then people wonder why "He (Kaz) dosen't communicate with the community " No wonder he 🤬 dosen't poor guy gets poped on even when he does what he said he will do .. people expected an update last month out of thair 🤬 . I remember in another interview he said "GT Sport community is like a family "
Family my 🤬 everywhere you could possibly think most people are out to get him because they think they are better game makers smh...

GTS compared to GT4 is just meh. It isn't a bad game, but it falls short compared to the PS2 GT golden era.
There we go was it that hard to get to the point without all these stuff above ?.

Last edited:
Would you feel better if I phrased it as:

Why is the 180SX important?

I said "we" to represent the entire GT community. You're spinning my words to make it seem like I'm saying everyone doesn't care about this car and someone should give a reason to. I'm just curious why this car matters to people.
Drifters.

Good luck getting dynamic time of day and weather, better frames per second and better VR support on an ancient console. And yeah, I remember a game that released simultaneously on old and new consoles at the same time. It was Battlefield 4, and it was broken as ****.
Erm.... The PS3 handled dynamic changes just fine :lol: Is this your first GT game lmao. The PS4 GT7 could be 60 fps and have the same VR it has now. Nobody would mind as long as they had the option to play it.

Battlefield games are always broken pieces of trash on launch. And it's made by EA. Not Polyphony.... You really are grasping at straws here. Oh dear.

Even if PD is focussing now on the next GT Title - I am really sure that this will be a Prologue Version first, to show what the PS5 can achieve - the full version won't be available before beginning of 2022.

Erm.... The PS3 handled dynamic changes just fine :lol: Is this your first GT game lmao. The PS4 GT7 could be 60 fps and have the same VR it has now. Nobody would mind as long as they had the option to play it.

Battlefield games are always broken pieces of trash on launch. And it's made by EA. Not Polyphony.... You really are grasping at straws here. Oh dear.

If you want to believe a 7 year old console will work fine for what will be essentially GTS with a lot of upgrades then go ahead. My old Ps4 can barely handle the project cars games let alone a modern Gran Turismo game with the same kind of features + VR. I’m just glad you’re not in charge of PD.

I have been playing since the late 90s btw.

Last edited:
It's obvious that ps4 would gimp gt7 if it would be release on both ps4 and ps5 (look for example how looks assasins creed black flag that was released on ps3 and ps4 and how looks assasins creed unity running on new engine only on nextgen consoles - I'm talking only about graphics as black flag was better game generally ;))

Who buy's a console for one game?

<raises hand> erm... me! I only bought a PS2 to play the 25th anniversary edition of Space Invaders. I wouldn't have even gotten involved with GT if someone hadn't *given* me a copy of GT3...it hooked me enough that I bought GT4 later.

I skipped PS3, I only bought a PS4 to play *this game*, and I only bought *this game* because I discovered it was going to have Bathurst :dopey:. The different tracks and new cars I'd not seen before were a nice surprise. When they started with the first online updates I was blown away. "holy crap, I'm getting more game than I paid for!!!!!". Yeh....I'm not a gamer :lol:.

Would you feel better if I phrased it as:

Why is the 180SX important?

Nostalgia. The smell of sweat, soy sauce and stale bong water ;).

I think they should drop GT7 and just keep supporting and updating GTS *FOREVER*!!!!!!!!! :P

For me personally, the livery editor is currently the most important thing that keeps me playing GTS... I do some lobby racing every now and then, but other then that, i’m really starting to lose interest and these ‘leaner and less frequent’ updates are not going to be enough, obviously that fully depends on what will be in those updates.

Sure the Aston is cool, but I don’t see a need for a Fiat 500 when we already have the Abarth 500 and the others car could just as well not be there -again for me personally- as I don’t care much for it’s class and type of car.

If this update were let’s say the Aston gt1, the Autozam AZ1 and the Porsche vgt for example, this update would be received completely different. A car they already announced/teased, a community favorite and a highly anticipated vgt addition... Although the AZ1 is more a personal favorite, but I think there are a lot of people that would have that rather then a Fiat 500... right...?

Somewhere in PD’s offices:

Kaz: Sony wants us to get our act together on GT7; we have to pull resources from GTS.
Random PD Grunt: But you promised the fans 500 cars!
Kaz: I did? Well.. we can’t. How can we reduce the number of fans calling me a liar?
Random PD Intern: You already have the Abarth 500 and the Fiat 500f.. Throw in the new Fiat 500 and then they can say they have ‘500 cars.’
Kaz: Brilliant.

But its not (only the sound is).

Because waiting is so hard right?.

No one said you should care but a lot of people will.

You waren't specific.

Fair enough 👍 .

Its not the games fault people drive like 🤬.

Who does that ? :confused: and if you are referring to me (Besides that you are wrong i would appreciate if you used you to address me rather than "we" .

I agree here .

Thats how it is in every game for better or worse again not exclusively GT Sport's problem.

Again who does that :confused: .

Wow some of you are amazing .... The title of the article you are referring to from August 1st 2016 "GT Sport Could (Eventually) feature up to 500 cars " For anyone that has basic understanding of english its clear that he didn't promise anything. And then people wonder why "He (Kaz) dosen't communicate with the community " No wonder he 🤬 dosen't poor guy gets poped on even when he does what he said he will do .. people expected an update last month out of thair 🤬 . I remember in another interview he said "GT Sport community is like a family "
Family my 🤬 everywhere you could possibly think most people are out to get him because they think they are better game makers smh...

There we go was it that hard to get to the point without all these stuff above ?.

Yes, people don't drive well, but there is a solution for that. Make the penalties stronger, I don't get why someone rams me from behind, throws me off the track, ruins my race and he gets away with a 2 sec penalty. Even small bumps should penalize the offender, if they can't drive well, then they should practice and not ruin the lobby. Second when I'm talking about "fanboys" I'm specifically talking about those clowns who called me a troll because I had a different opinion to theirs, very civilized people to say the least, but that doesn't apply to you. Most likely they are the trolls, because no serious person would believe that GTS AI is half decent, even GT5 had better AI than that. About the 500 cars, I fully understand that he said GTS COULD feature up to 500 cars (he didn't exactly promise that), but when he says something like that he needs to understand that the community will have high hopes for the game. Imagine if Kaz says GT7 could feature up to 2000 cars, but the final game has only 400, wouldn't that disappoint you? It's a good thing to be optimistic, but excessive optimism can be considered arrogance. I'm not bashing the game or calling it garbage, but I sincerely hope GT7 will deliver a better online and offline experience. In the meantime I hope Kaz will be a bit more conservative with his thoughts, it's good to have plans for the future, but if you can't deliver then you shouldn't spill the beans.

My biggest beef with content is the dearth of small race cars, a missed opportunity. The imbalance is obvious. I have little hope, now, that that will change much before GT Sport is frozen.
We're also missing a lot of rally cars in the game, especially when they used to be abundant before.

Still crazy that they support this game almost till the end of this gen, big props 👍. I really didn't expected them to give us this much tracks and cars for free, they really outdid themselfs. Hope they can continue this next gen also, then im fine with 1 GT for the gen.

I think a feature that would definitely increase the lifespan of GT Sport is if they brought back Seasonal Events.
I mean, it wouldn’t be that hard. Would it?
Sport mode already has its own time trails and daily races which would be a start and single races with AI racing certain classes of vehicle and drift challenges. It’s a shame the drift mode in the game has no importance at all in the game. If this Seasonal Events was implemented, drifting would be more important. Higher than average prize money awarded floor each event will definitely keep more people coming back to the game.

Yes, people don't drive well, but there is a solution for that. Make the penalties stronger, I don't get why someone rams me from behind, throws me off the track, ruins my race and he gets away with a 2 sec penalty. Even small bumps should penalize the offender,
I fully understand however at the end of the day its just an algorithm organised racing or private lobby's with friends will always be the best choice.

if they can't drive well, then they should practice and not ruin the lobby.
I agree but we all no they won't .

no serious person would believe that GTS AI is half decent, even GT5 had better AI than that
GT Sport's AI is not half decent compare to other games but its much better than GT5's (I finished GT5 recently) the only ressons GT5's AI is "faster" are rubber banding and they AI having modified cars.

Imagine if Kaz says GT7 could feature up to 2000 cars, but the final game has only 400, wouldn't that disappoint you?
Yes but that analogy is a bit extreme.

it's good to have plans for the future, but if you can't deliver then you shouldn't spill the beans.
And thats exactly why he said could but people still give him 🤬 for it .

Back