GT7 April Update Discussion

• Thread starter PuffelPizza
  • 719 comments
Yet all the other Human Comedy Endurance races apart from the Alsace which I don't have a good enough car and Lake Maggiore, Deep Forest seem to be set to impossible šŸ¤”
For the Alsace you can use the Honda RA272 '65, made it too easy though, but it is a "legal" cheat. Sadly I don't remember what car I used for the Deep Forest.

What do you think about the new RS5 sound guys?
It's much better and closer to the real one, a much needed improvement. Now I wish PD changed the CLK-LM sound to that one aswell as the one in GT7 is the FIA-GT spec and not Le Mans spec despite using the Le Mans spec for performance.

I am French and like all "good French", I am never satisfied, sorry šŸ˜„. Like many people, I hate VGTs šŸ¤®. Now Formula 1. Why?!!! If I want to play with Formula 1, I buy an F1 game ! And I don't like car racing (except drift and when racing cars looked like road cars, example: DTM 80-90's) I sold almost all racing cars. Sorry again, I'm French šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.
Why did you buy Gran Turismo if you don't like cars or car racing, lol?
Sounds like you want to go play CarX Drift or something.

Sadly, I don't think PD is going to lower the difficulty on Lake Maggiore 1 hour endurance, I think it's just how they want it, if everybody would have problem with gold, they would probably do something, but we who don't, are a minority I'm afraid, that's the only mission I don't have gold on, gave up with Bronze and 14th place, 1,56 laps are just too much for me, 1.58-2.0 is all I can manage.
1.58s are good on maggiore. Try the rcz on medium tyres, pit every 10 laps. Only refuel to 77% and if youā€™re within 10-12 seconds of the bmw after the second stop, you should be able to catch up as it struggles to lap a few cars. I mustā€™ve tried that mission 20 times before winning it finally

Deep Forest was too easy with the 02 NSX tuned to the pp limit. It can do the whole race without refueling, only have to stop at the 30 minute mark to get a new set of RH

Oh, and donā€™t use TC! Both the peugeot and the nsx drive great without it. I improved my lap times by close to 2 seconds with no TC on lake maggiore

Last edited:
I am French and like all "good French", I am never satisfied, sorry šŸ˜„. Like many people, I hate VGTs šŸ¤®. Now Formula 1. Why?!!! If I want to play with Formula 1, I buy an F1 game ! And I don't like car racing (except drift and when racing cars looked like road cars, example: DTM 80-90's) I sold almost all racing cars. Sorry again, I'm French šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.
How do you feel about Super Formula though?

For the Alsace you can use the Honda RA272 '65, made it too easy though, but it is a "legal" cheat. Sadly I don't remember what car I used for the Deep Forest.
Must have a look for that and see how much it costs and what about set up and strategy? I've spent so much money buying cars for Deep Forest and Lake Maggiore i need to do some races to make it back up

Must have a look for that and see how much it costs and what about set up and strategy? I've spent so much money buying cars for Deep Forest and Lake Maggiore i need to do some races to make it back up
The Honda will set you back 2,500,00 credits, you need only Comfort Soft tires, I don't tune my cars, so default setup, maybe I reduced the top speed, I don't remember now, try without first, before you buy a fully customizable transmission, if I bought one I bought a automat transmission, the gas tank and tires will laste the whole race, so no pit.

Try the rcz
I did, I think I have tried with all the GT3 cars at this point :lol:, but the pit strategy sounds interesting, because the fuel meter is moving really slow in that race.

Last edited:
lol, very much so. It turns out I simply needed to put the extra PP available post 1.31 into downforce instead of speed on my 787B.
No offense, but I don't use anyone else's tunes. I tune my own. I'm still not sure what's up with IM tires, the AI was changing them every three laps while I ran most of the Spa race on a single set of wets. Maybe less sliding and lower speed contributed to the massive increase in tire life.
Next I did the unthinkable: win the Sardegna race with a Trans Am. IRL that engine rarely gets above 3,000 RPM. I drove it that way, getting 7 laps on a tank of fuel.
I blame the pain meds I'd taken the night after 1.31. I have serious physical issues but I'm too stubborn to sit down and rest.
Also the night I posted this they'd had a massive illegal street race down US-66. Some of the racers tried to escape to local freeways, state and local police chased down several of them and the arrest records looked like someone had robbed Brand Central. One was a GT-R, there were a couple of Hellcats, and they've chased down all kinds of Rustangs from the base models to the Saleens. OHP was runnin' Chargers and one has a Scat Pack. Local police were running Tahoe's and Bimmer motorcycles.

Ah. No worries mate, it's just I read the post and I couldn't understand what it meant hence why I asked. Thanks for clarifying and nice going with the Trans Am.

I did, I think I have tried with all the GT3 cars at this point :lol:, but the pit strategy sounds interesting, because the fuel meter is moving really slow in that race.
You definitely save a lot of time at the first stop as youā€™ll only need to refuel like a half a tank. Youā€™ll see when the meter says you have enough for 10 laps in the tank so just stop refueling at that point. Just donā€™t try to beat the fastest lap and take unnecessary risks.

Me sadly because no update
1998 Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car #32 + 1998 Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car
1999 Toyota GT1 Race Car #3 + 1999 Toyota GT1 Road Car
2000 Honda Castrol Mugen NSX #16
2000 Chevrolet Corvette C5R #64
2000 Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca #51
Nissan Nismo GT-R R33 LM Road Car (FR Layout)

Here's how to build a 2000 Viper GTS-R. Liverys are abound in the Showcase.

If you are talking about the Dallara SF23s, they are not F1 cars. They don't have the V6 engines nor the Hybrid power unit. They are essentially spec cars with only the engines being different.

Last edited:
How are these new Formula caffe races even possible? I'm nowhere near top 3 and car is sliding all over the place in corners. Is there some exploit with the settings that can help?

What do you think about the new RS5 sound guys?
I think its quite a much needed improvement. Leaves me hoping (not too much of course) that the BMW M3 GT get its sound improved as it essentially has had the same sound issue since GT Sport.

Last edited:
Are you French or Breton? ;)

How are these new Formula caffe races even possible? I'm nowhere near top 3 and car is sliding all over the place in corners. Is there some exploit with the settings that can help?

If needed, crank up all assists to max. Also, don't forget to use the boost.

At first, these races seemed ultra hard to me as well, but managed to win each on second try.

1.58s are good on maggiore. Try the rcz on medium tyres, pit every 10 laps. Only refuel to 77% and if youā€™re within 10-12 seconds of the bmw after the second stop, you should be able to catch up as it struggles to lap a few cars. I mustā€™ve tried that mission 20 times before winning it finally

Deep Forest was too easy with the 02 NSX tuned to the pp limit. It can do the whole race without refueling, only have to stop at the 30 minute mark to get a new set of RH

Oh, and donā€™t use TC! Both the peugeot and the nsx drive great without it. I improved my lap times by close to 2 seconds with no TC on lake maggiore
Thanks for sharing, I'll test your strategy tomorrow and let you know if I could improve my miserable 7th position for now.

Thanks for sharing, I'll test your strategy tomorrow and let you know if I could improve my miserable 7th position for now.
If I could do it, both of you will be able to win the race with the right strategy! Also, if youā€™re using the breaking zone graphics, donā€™t. They make you brake in quite a few turns that donā€™t require slowing down in the rcz

Last edited:
Anyone know why adding body rigidity to the XJ220 would lower it's PP?
I canā€™t answer precisely why, butā€¦likely the same reason it does for lots of other cars in many cases; PD logic for their PP rating system.

It seems like there is some threshold (power, weight, top speed or a combination of these, or something altogether different) PD wants to see before it will actually increase PP for doing this.

I recently bought doubles of a lot of road cars and added all tuning parts available for max PP and while adding the parts to them I noticed most of them the PP decreases slightly with adding body rigidity, few of them it increased.
It may also have something to do with the order in which you perform this. Other parts the difference in specs change depending on the order in which you install them. For example if you add cams before stroke up sometimes itā€™ll show your torque decreases but if you do this after stroke up then it shows it increases.

I've never read the description about it.
Adding=more weight?
It doesnā€™t add weight, at least it doesnā€™t show in the vehicle weight spec that it does, but the description says something about it giving your car ability to achieve its top speed or something like that. So I speculate that if your car doesnā€™t have a good enough power to weight ratio or canā€™t reach a certain top speed itā€™s not increasing the cars performance in terms of PP, according to PD logic anyways.

Back