GT7 April Update Discussion

• Thread starter PuffelPizza
  • 719 comments
It's not a GT3 car though; the GT3 car was the GT3 Cup (then the GT3 R) which retained the rear-engine layout while the RSR was famously mid-engined.

Ultimately the "gaps" and missing brands are all down to licensing. The Corvette, as noted earlier, hasn't ever been in the game as a car newer than the C5.R (which ran from GT3 in 2001 all the way through to GT6). It requires a separate licence, from Corvette Racing - Pratt & Miller - and isn't covered by any agreement with Chevrolet; for some reason Pratt & Miller and PD can't come to an agreement (the C5.R somewhat proves that each brand knows the other exists...).

Other brands may have exclusive agreements with other titles. It's likely that Kunos sweeps up a lot of GT3 cars under ACC - the official game of the GT World Challenge - and that could be why we have basically three "new" GT3 cars (and a handful of older cars) in GT. I suspect they've specifically licensed GT3 cars outside the scope of the SRO, which is why the real ones are N24 cars (and winners) and GTE from IMSA/ACO. There's still "gaps" there if that's the reason, but just because the 488 GTE is licensable it doesn't mean Ferrari (or AF Corse) are willing to do so at the right price.

No matter what we say, there'll be cars PD just can't get hold of - such as one American brand which values itself highly despite not having any particular laurels on which to base that, and which has spoken openly about not being in GT because the price isn't right for them.
Hi Famine,

Excuse me if this has already been covered and it's not an April update question but it is update related. Could you please advise if the question has ever been posed to Kaz at one of the roundtables that are held if there will or is going to be a custom championship to be added in a future update? Or does this fall under the questions that cannot be asked?

If not, is this something that can be asked as there is, as I am sure as you are well aware of great interest to the community and given that it shouldn't be an overly difficult task for PD to implement would give this game a much need injection. Even if the payouts aren't that great it seems it would check off a box for a lot of people are requesting if they could.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
What are lemans?

images.jpg

rlx
If needed, crank up all assists to max. Also, don't forget to use the boost.

At first, these races seemed ultra hard to me as well, but managed to win each on second try.
Yeah, there was no catching my namesake Fraga but I took solid 2nd on Fuji. Soft-soft, 1 stop. I refuse to abandon hard mode so IDK if it's easier on others. Tweaked a bit with downforce and BB and managed to be faster and faster, down to 21.5-22s. Draft is super important if you're missing few seconds here and there.

Yeah, there was no catching my namesake Fraga but I took solid 2nd on Fuji. Soft-soft, 1 stop. I refuse to abandon hard mode so IDK if it's easier on others. Tweaked a bit with downforce and BB and managed to be faster and faster, down to 21.5-22s. Draft is super important if you're missing few seconds here and there.
Something must be wrong with the difficulty levels in Super Formula. On normal, I barely won at Watkins Glen and St. Croix by using no-pit strategies, while I got smoked at Fuji. The soft-tire cars could both go more laps than my 8 on tires and turn laps 3 seconds faster than my 1:27.

After dumbing it down to easy, my 1:27-1:29 laps were good for a 40-second win at Fuji.

Special events only... In CR you gonna race vs same liveries as your car.

I would happily purchase factory and/or PD original livery packs with real cash so that they could be used on AI cars. Like highly detailed liveries, just as the stock liveries are, since they get optimized outside the livery editor’s constraints. Even sticker expansions for the livery editor.

There are ways they could monetize the game that wouldn’t force the in-game economy and structuring to be so trash.

Surprisingly cool update, the new sport layout reminds me of the old gt5 seasonals, happy to see more than one time trial. Hope they expand on this.
The Sf23 cars are simply too fun to drive, hope they add few more races with them because i think they nailed the format of 20ish minutes race with optional pit stop.

Fuji is definitely harder than the other two SF races... Unless it rains and the AI gets very confused, as they usually do.
Way too hard on Normal and too easy on Easy, AI don't even pit in rain, so something must be wrong with that race.
@Naffantait saying the same thing:

And rally musical, nothing...
"Stay tuned for further updates!"
...in September 2024. Sorry folks but our sole event creator is busy making tunes and liveries for the next Silvia Sisters spot races coming in November 2023 and May 2024.

I think Easy difficulty has been easier since the physics/PP changes last update, while people playing on normal and hard seem to think the AI have gotten faster, I mean I’ve run out of fuel for an entire lap at Sardegna in the 917k of all vehicles and still won by 20 seconds. The 917k was a bit of a struggle against the Gr. 3 cars but that seems to have changed since 1.31.

Super Formula at Fuji was rather difficult compared to the others, although I managed it second try with the SF '19 on RH on hard difficulty. Didn't get any rain but was able to catch the leader by the 14th lap. I would suggest for anyone having trouble with it either try to get a race with rain or restart a few times because the AI pace changes a decent amount for seemingly no reason. I've seen it happen on other events too where you can restart and the AI will just be a second a lap slower for whatever reason. They brake very early for T1 too, so you can easily pass people there and I'd also suggest moving across on the straight so they cannot draft you if you don't have a car in front. The other thing I found was running lower camber helped with the tyre wear, although if you use the SF '19 at Saint-Croix you'll probably still end up with the last two laps with a completely worn left rear.

Otherwise the update is ok, not a lot of new content as usual but the cars are interesting enough at least.

How are these new Formula caffe races even possible? I'm nowhere near top 3 and car is sliding all over the place in corners. Is there some exploit with the settings that can help?
I used a heavily tuned SF19 at full power, Anti-lag on Strong, RM tires and won Watkins Glen on Hard difficulty with a 28 second lead over 2nd and I even got spun out by AI early on costing me about 10-12 seconds. I ran FM2 on the first lap and TCS 3 the entire race and didn’t have to pit. I did use all my Overtake though. I can imagine it would be good for 1st place by at least 45-50 seconds on Easy mode.
Haven‘t done the other 2 races yet.

Did St. Croix with the SF19, FM1 on RS tyres. Tyres were completely shot at the end of lap 8, but I didn't pit for new ones, since I didn't notice any significant changes and with just 2 laps to go, I thought track position was more important. Won the race without problems.
I've never raced on Watkins Glen much, nor Fuji (a track I hate). Got destroyed there, since I don't really know the tracks or a good setup for the car yet.

Is it that strange? Of all the car games on the market, GT7 is probably the best pick for people who don't actually like racing itself.
Thing is you kinda have to do races in order to progress through the game, especially if you hope to buy the cars you want. It might not be an all out licensed, super serious sim racer but racing is kinda unavoidable. In fact:

33a1dg.jpg

Last edited:
Thing is you kinda have to do races in order to progress through the game, especially if you hope to buy the cars you want. It might not be an all out licensed, super serious sim racer but racing is kinda unavoidable. In fact:

33a1dg.jpg
It's just a matter of credits, which you can buy, to progress through the Cafe Menu by buying all the cars it asks you to collect.

You can get to the end credits without doing a single "race".

I think I spent a whole 20 minutes just looking at the XJ220 in the livery editor. I've been a fan of the car for almost 20 years at this point, and being able to drive it again in an official capacity is fantastic. It may not have the hard edge of the Ferrari F40 but it's still a very competent car that can handle a bit of abuse. A proper Jaaaaag indeed.

Last edited:
Well that was a mistake.. I wish I hadn't started that stupid Cafe Menu to do the Super Formula races. Being an incredibly average controller user there is no way in heck I'll ever make it to 3rd place in those races and now I'm stuck with those ugly yellow icons on the menu. Wonderful.
Same here

Αt least in the last update we have the motivation to get some serious money from TT...
Because the other events are staying in low payment policy...
XJ 220 struggles to reach top speed or is it me???? I tested in Le Mans...
Beautiful scapes to take some shots!!!
Needs more customization more rims and official Tuners with cars and parts...

Back