GT7 April Update Discussion

• Thread starter PuffelPizza
  • 719 comments
I like to think the "Or make?" part of that tweet is the ability to salvage the engine off of cars won in a roulette ticket. Or cars bought in general.
"I see many nsx group B engines soon..."
Is it that strange? Of all the car games on the market, GT7 is probably the best pick for people who don't actually like racing itself.
I believe it. There are some that are-
"Here for scapes"..
"here for swaps and unique mods"
And the classic "I just get baked and do liveries"
Some just want drag or drift like campaign but online. And the only ones that use safety cars, the RP traffic kids..
Why does the XJ220 only have 515 BHP? It's should have 542 BHP or 550 HP 🤔
Your gonna need the "s" cam part for that-
Sigourney Weaver Aliens GIF

I would happily purchase factory and/or PD original livery packs with real cash so that they could be used on AI cars. Like highly detailed liveries, just as the stock liveries are, since they get optimized outside the livery editor’s constraints. Even sticker expansions for the livery editor.

There are ways they could monetize the game that wouldn’t force the in-game economy and structuring to be so trash.
for like 2€/$ for a "premium" livery pack I would buy some :D
while people playing on normal and hard seem to think the AI have gotten faster
I play on hard and for me it it the opposite; it got a lot easier. For example in sardegna(wtc 800) I can lap now Fraga in lap 14 and sometimes 13 without problems. Pre v1.31 I struggled to lap p2 to p6 (hello supergt :D)

This isn't remotely true. While you can buy your way through the collection menus there are 10 Championships you have to finish in the top 3 in.
Ah yes. I completely forgot about the championships. Like Music Rally, I haven't revisited them for an entire year.

Love that the xj220 has a glass roof. In VR that's really cool.
Makes me want a Mclaren Senna even more. With the partly transparant doors.
Thats also why the Mclaren VGT car is super nice.

My absolute favorites are the normal Laferrari, NSX Gr3 concept, BAC mono and Porsche Spyder hybrid.
In VR these feel so good matching the paddle shifters of the Logitech GPRO wheel. I still am amazed everytime.

Last edited:
LOL watch PD pump out like 20 music rally races for either Spec 2 update or in one of the very last updates for the game before GT8 (or whatever they'll call the next GT)
Anyone who starts Gran Turismo 7 must go through a musical rally, it is because it must be an important step, or else delete.
...there it says "soon".. but when?

For the first time, I didn't buy up every new update car instantly. I guess that's the first sign the game is getting tired for me. I've only done the new Hyper car event and claimed the two new book tickets because I already had the cars.

For the first time, I didn't buy up every new update car instantly. I guess that's the first sign the game is getting tired for me. I've only done the new Hyper car event and claimed the two new book tickets because I already had the cars.
If it makes you feel less special, I didn't buy either SF23 because I already have a SF19 (and why would someone buy both if other than to complete the list anyway?), nor the new AMG GT3 car because I hate Group 3 races and rarely do them.

Anyone who starts Gran Turismo 7 must go through a musical rally, it is because it must be an important step, or else delete.
...there it says "soon".. but when?
We should see more Music Rally options "soon" in the context of the geological time scale; before the end of the Cenozoic Era (or the release of Star Citizen :D).

Given that it's been 13 months, I am concerned that PD feels five Music Rallies is sufficient, and there's no need to add more; after all, this is the same game that has 109 track layouts, yet under 150* race events.

*edit: there were 149 at v1.21, probably 170ish now

Last edited:
How do you feel about Super Formula though?
Sorry for the late answer. For me it's the same as formula 1 ☹️

Why did you buy Gran Turismo if you don't like cars or car racing, lol?
Sounds like you want to go play CarX Drift or something.
sorry for the late response. I LOVE and CRAZY of street cars... I just want to drive dream cars and others real cars that I can't buy myself, customize, tune and drift with 😄 I play with gran turismo since 1998...

Sorry if this was already posted but I just finished SF St Croix and went to pit in on lap eight with a decent lead, had no intention of refueling but did want to change my tires from hard to soft for the last two laps and it WOULD NOT let me do it 😳 only the fuel meter was showing up, no tire selection tabs above it. Am I missing something here? Possibly hit a button or something that made the tire selection disappear? Or is this a possible glitch?

Sorry if this was already posted but I just finished SF St Croix and went to pit in on lap eight with a decent lead, had no intention of refueling but did want to change my tires from hard to soft for the last two laps and it WOULD NOT let me do it 😳 only the fuel meter was showing up, no tire selection tabs above it. Am I missing something here? Possibly hit a button or something that made the tire selection disappear? Or is this a possible glitch?
Are you sure you own those tires?

Are you sure you own those tires?
Yep, I own all the tires for this sf car, RH, RM, RS, Intermediate and HW…… also I didn’t have this issue when pitting at Fuji or WG 🤔 Addendum to previous post……Just ran a “test” race at st croix and pitted in after the first lap and everything was listed there as it should be, tires and fuel so guess it was just some kind of temporary glitch 🤔

Last edited:

I have the shift up button set to X which is the default for Manual Transmission with the triggers for gas/brake and have hit X the moment I pit and the default option is “don’t change tires” and I totally waste the stop. Perhaps this happened to you?

I feel like Super Formula is PD's way of having open wheel cars without having to acquire F1 license(s). Can't complain too much about it though, the open wheel cars are fun to drive and do add a bit of variety to the car list.

Yep, I own all the tires for this sf car, RH, RM, RS, Intermediate and HW…… also I didn’t have this issue when pitting at Fuji or WG 🤔 Addendum to previous post……Just ran a “test” race at st croix and pitted in after the first lap and everything was listed there as it should be, tires and fuel so guess it was just some kind of temporary glitch 🤔
You have to own the tires on that particular car, not a second (or third,...) car of the same model.

Also, if switching to a particular tire would violate the PP or tire restriction requirements for that race, it won't be available.

Last edited:
I feel like Super Formula is PD's way of having open wheel cars without having to acquire F1 license(s). Can't complain too much about it though, the open wheel cars are fun to drive and do add a bit of variety to the car list.

They need licences for more modern F1 cars? Because we do have the McLaren MP4/4 though.

Something must be wrong with the difficulty levels in Super Formula. On normal, I barely won at Watkins Glen and St. Croix by using no-pit strategies, while I got smoked at Fuji. The soft-tire cars could both go more laps than my 8 on tires and turn laps 3 seconds faster than my 1:27.

After dumbing it down to easy, my 1:27-1:29 laps were good for a 40-second win at Fuji.
Fuji is bizarrely difficult. I tried 1 stop S-S and got absolutely smoked, despite having won the Watkins Glen race comfortably with the same strategy. Most of the field seems to not stop at all, is no stop with Hard tyres somehow a much quicker strategy at Fuji?

I can't get within a second of the leaders' lap times even on soft tyres...

You have to own the tires on that particular car, not a second (or third,...) car of the same model.

Also, if switching to a particular tire would violate the PP or tire restriction requirements for that race, it won't be available.
Yep, covered and also covered 😉

I have the shift up button set to X which is the default for Manual Transmission with the triggers for gas/brake and have hit X the moment I pit and the default option is “don’t change tires” and I totally waste the stop. Perhaps this happened to you?
Well I always have my transmission set to automatic, but now that you mention it I could have hit the X button right at the exact moment that the screen was transitioning from free drive to AI controlled when I pitted and therefore had no tire selection available cuz I had inadvertently cancelled it……….good point 🤔

Back