Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - HISTORIC LM Replicas: Champions: Siggers, Harsk, PimikiFinished 

Do you have a PS4?

• No and planning to switch to PC, XBox One or retire (please let me know approximately when).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks Sick, got a couple of tunes for GT40:)

Had a quick test last night, if you brake a bit earlier, car was better on CS/SH.

The track maker is here and already some of the very talented people on GTPlanet have started making some great tracks. I have picked out a couple of the best made by my friends @eran0004 and @CORRUPTEDDISC

You can download these two tracks from the community section by clicking on my name and scrolling across to the right you will be able to find the tracks. Eran's track is tight, twisty, dusty and magnificent, while Corrupted Discs track is incredibly fast, flowing and equally magnificent.

Great work guys!

Thanks for those John. Using the search function 14 tunes came up of which 12 were for the GT40 or GT40 Anniversary, but not the tunes from the two best tuners on GTPlanet - Praiano and Motor City Hami so you will need to go their tuning section and look for the GT40 if you want to try their tunes.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search/2352000/?q=Ford+GT40&t=resource_update&o=relevance&c[rescat]=2

I looked at all the tunes and tried about half a dozen, but noticed that very few are for the car at its minimum weight of 994 kg and near our power level of 310bhp. Those that were developed for PP limited racing generally have ballast and a wing added. The wing is obviously not allowed in our series as it ruins the look of the car and spoils the photos. I could not get any of the GTPlanet tunes to work satisfactorily for my driving style when using SH / SH tyres. I was able to lap 0.8 seconds quicker using the fastest GTPlanet tune compared with using race soft suspension with CS front and SH rear tyres, but it was difficult to stop the back swinging round and the car spinning off four laps out of five!

There is something wrong with the back of this car as implemented by PD. I remembered an interview with Kenny Brack in which he said that the GT40 had a high centre of gravity (presumably because it was designed for the Fairlane based Indy aluminium engine, but was raced with cast iron engines) so I started raising the rear and found that the higher it got, the more controllable the car became. The car lacks mechanical grip at the rear as standard, due presumably to a lack of body roll so I then played with the rear suspension and found that it got better as the suspension became softer. I now have a setup that works for me at 310bhp which is what Silver drivers will be using in the "1967 Sports Car Cup".

Gold / Platinum Drivers don't use the GT40 in that series as they are in either category GT3 (Ferrari 250GT0, Ferrari Dino, Alfa TZ2) or GT5 (Shelby GT350, Corvette C2, Lotus Europa Special). I will be interested to hear from other Silver Drivers such as John Wells, IfAndOr, Bergele etc whether my tune works for them. I don't know if this tune will work for the Gold / Platinum drivers - they use the Ford GT40 in the "1966 Sports Car Cup" at 485bhp when the silver drivers are mostly using the Jaguar XJ13 also they obviously have a different and much faster driving style. I would be interested to hear from @Eran00 and other Gold / Platinum drivers whether they went down a similar path to me in their quest to get some rear end grip from this car and whether my tune works for them.

Oil change, but no body reinforcement. Tyres SH / SH weight 994kg or 1007kg if you want to add front ballast. 519PP or 518PP with ballast.
Suspension - fully adjustable:
Ride height 75 / 95
Spring rate 7.20 / 6.27
Dampers Compression 5 / 1
Dampers Extension 6 / 1
Anti Roll Bar 3 / 1
Camber 0 / 0
Toe - 0.15 / 0.10
Racing Brakes 8 / 7
Transmission - custom tune to suit track and personal preference
Limited Slip Differential 7 / 12 / 18
Power - the limit is 310bhp - tip go for torque then limit power
Body - maximum lightness
Ballast 0 or to preference. I prefer 13kg
Position -50

Note, the room limits for the series are given at the end of post 5 "1967 Three Ten Cup" and at the end of post 6 "1966 Sports Car Cup". Most of the cars cannot reach all the limits stated, but will be lower than one or more of the limits.

1967 Three Ten Cup limits are 310bhp, 560PP, 649kg

1966 Sports Car Cup limits are 485bhp, 581PP, 900kg - note the Chaparral 2D has its own limit because it has better handling than the other cars, but only @John Wells is using this car. Following further testing Johns limit has been increased to 400bhp, 476PP, 900kg to enable him to be more competitive.

Last edited:
Thanks Sick, will try that later:tup:

The GT40 can be used in the new Special Events Madrid, won a couple of times:D

I've got to the point where I've stopped tuning altogether and just like running the cars as they come. Tuning just attempts to make all cars drive the same, trying to loose each ones quirky traits. But I know a lot of people like tweaking all the settings. 👍

I'm quite liking the GT40, it is a tail happy beast but it makes me smile. Much like the real thing would.

Currently I'm running on race soft/hard suspension only - no other adjustments to anything (except brakes). With SH's all round I was 3 to 5 seconds quicker than when using the CS/SH combination! It does require delicate throttle control though. Brake early and balance the car.

But... I will give your setup a go Sick when I get the chance and try to give you some feedback.

I'll have to see how I compare with the tuned versions on the test day. I might reluctantly have to tweak something to be competitive.

tip go for torque then limit power
However it's the torque that tends to make your wheels spin up when exiting corners. It's a big V8, there's loads of torque already! ;)

Been a while friends! You should put my 1966 Sebring on the schedule! Would be perfect! I'll be looking to make some more classic layouts in the future and will let you know when they are are available.

Thanks Ning - I have added Nings V4 and 1966 Sebring layouts to my shared tracks list. There are now 30 really good tracks on share from talented track makers including Teretonga by Blojoggs. If you look at my profile page you can download these tracks - also have a look at Ning Dynasty's page, Flaco13 and Eran004's.

Hi Sick if I could have a test would be cool best have a look at this car list lol.Thanks Max.
SPACES For Reserve Drivers - Contact Sick Cylinder ASAP!!!
View attachment 440026
View attachment 425453
[/QUOTE]

Hi Max - for the 1967 Three Ten Cup use a Ford GT40 (limit 310bhp) and for the 1966 Sports Car Cup use a Jaguar XJ13 (limit 481PP). Don't worry about colours or numbers for today's test meeting - I'll let you know colours and numbers after the meeting when I know what's available.

Tuning tip from ace hand controller user TNR King Filo - if you use a hand controller set the camber of the car to 0 / 0. The standard camber setting create a disadvantage for hand controller users (TNR King Filo explains the technical reasons for this in detail on another thread and I will try and find the link for this if people want to read it) NB this tip is intended for @Cu3e

Thanks Ning - I have added Nings V4 and 1966 Sebring layouts to my shared tracks list. There are now 30 really good tracks on share from talented track makers including Teretonga by Blojoggs. If you look at my profile page you can download these tracks - also have a look at Ning Dynasty's page, Flaco13 and Eran004's.

Hi Max - for the 1967 Three Ten Cup use a Ford GT40 (limit 310bhp) and for the 1966 Sports Car Cup use a Jaguar XJ13 (limit 481PP). Don't worry about colours or numbers for today's test meeting - I'll let you know colours and numbers after the meeting when I know what's available.

Tuning tip from ace hand controller user TNR King Filo - if you use a hand controller set the camber of the car to 0 / 0. The standard camber setting create a disadvantage for hand controller users (TNR King Filo explains the technical reasons for this in detail on another thread and I will try and find the link for this if people want to read it) NB this tip is intended for @Cu3e[/QUOTE]
I also use a DS3 Controller. By the way, I won't attend the round today, as it is just a pre-season test. But I will attend the next sunday's race, which is the Round 1.

I'll join for the first hour today, since I love trial mountain and I haven't got anything better to do, I'll bring a GT350 & GT40

Just keep me on the list for the cars I'm already listed for. I'll probably race a few times.

Last edited:
Job called me in last minute today. Won't be able to make the race today. I'll be there next week though.

Thanks for letting me know Mannasseh - looking forward to seeing you on track next week. Next Sunday I will try and open the room half an hour early to allow more time for checking the cars of anyone who wasn't able to attend the Round 0 (Test Day).

For anyone not sure of the room limits - these are given at the bottom of post number 64 and highlighted.

The format for The Round 0 (Test Day) will be short races at Trial Mountain Reverse. There will be at least 3 races for the "1967 Three Ten Cup" - in these races Silver Drivers use their Ford GT40 limited to 310bhp while Gold and Platinum drivers use their GT3 OR GT5 category cars. They should change car after each race (if they are competing in the series) so that I get a chance to check / photograph all their cars for colour, race number, exhaust and other details.

There will be at least two short races for the "1966 Sports Car Cup" - in these races Gold and Platinum drivers use their GT40's tuned to 485bhp Silver drivers use their Jaguar XJ13's (John Wells is using a Chaparral 2D, Tony Lomas and Bergele are using Ferrari 330 P4's).

If there is still time left after completing the five planned races we will add some extra races to fill the programme.

Might be a good idea to have the/your microphones enabled for the test races. It'll make it easier to relay your instructions and for anyone to ask questions.

My game shows me power in kW.

GT40 has 361kW and 994kg which should be 485bhp, comes out at 575PP (Sick=581PP)

Giulia TZ 231kW / 670kg (350bhp) at 560PP, which matches Sick's calculations...

Dino 231kW / 908kg (350bhp) at 494PP (S=495)

250GTO 231kW / 808kg (350bhp) at 498 (S=503)

I did perform oil changes on each car. Not sure what causes these differences, especially on the Ford.

My game shows me power in kW.

GT40 has 361kW and 994kg which should be 485bhp, comes out at 575PP (Sick=581PP)

Giulia TZ 231kW / 670kg (350bhp) at 560PP, which matches Sick's calculations...

Dino 231kW / 908kg (350bhp) at 494PP (S=495)

250GTO 231kW / 808kg (350bhp) at 498 (S=503)

I did perform oil changes on each car. Not sure what causes these differences, especially on the Ford.

It might be the power curve that causes those differences. The power figure is just the power delivered at a certain engine speed, while the power curve shows the power delivered throughout the entire range. So even if two cars have the same peak power, one of the cars could have a better power curve than the other.

It might be the power curve that causes those differences. The power figure is just the power delivered at a certain engine speed, while the power curve shows the power delivered throughout the entire range. So even if two cars have the same peak power, one of the cars could have a better power curve than the other.
Thanks eran, that explains. I was wondering if I had accidentally bought the wrong Ford :ill:

Might be a good idea to have the/your microphones enabled for the test races. It'll make it easier to relay your instructions and for anyone to ask questions.

I will enable them, but my microphone / headset is currently out of order - so I will respond to questions with text.

Re the Limits @eran0004 and @Flaco13 - not all the cars can reach all the limits e.g. my Jaguar XJ13 is down on power.

Stopping now to open room!

Fiiiiiiine I'll be missing the first 2 rounds at least but I should be able to make a good chunk of the rest of them. Of course I actually manage to win something when it doesn't count.

In terms of the GT5 cars at least the Corvette isn't even close, it was 20mph slower down the backstraight than the Europa and the best I could manage was a 1:40.1, when I could've run in the 35s with the Europa once I figure it out and the Shelby consistently runs 37s, and they kind of equal out since the Shelby is easy to drive and the Europa isn't. Of course my Corvette doesn't have as good of a setup as the other two and I wasn't chasing anyone so I probably could've run in the 39s. It still feels like it's in the way though. I guess that's the point, put everyone in a slow car for 4 races.

Round 0 Test Day - Initial thoughts

First apologies to anyone with whom I had contact. The GT40 follows quite different lines through the corners as it is so tail happy. In the first races I made some clumsy rear end contacts by braking too late and in the later races when I was in the XJ13 I was sometimes finding GT40's completely sideways and had to virtually stop at one point and lost a few places. Apologies for any of the contact - none of it was intentional and it should reduce as I get used to the right lines to take - the XJ13 seems to have an advantage in the corners, but not on the straights.

The short test races were certainly very exciting and I think this is going to be a good series.

Regarding the performance of the cars in the GT5 category - if you tune them for maximum torque (which I did) I found them very close in performance during testing for this series. The Lotus lapped fastest with the GT350 0.1 behind and the Corvette just under 0.4 seconds behind. I'll post up the tunes if requested.

Le Sarthe 2005, right?

If that is the one without the chicanes - I will check via the game early in the week and confirm on this thread. We are using the no chicanes layout because these were added to the track after the GT40 era had finished.

It was nice to see Maximusmonster ( @nonka ) back on track and also nice to have a new racer - a big welcome to SimbaLora.

Sorry how do you tune to maximum torque Sick?:dunce::ill::indiff:

It's actually a flat power curve you want. Basically, add as much power as possible, then restrict it with the power limiter.

As for GT3, I think the Dino and the Alfa Romeo are close, but the 250 GTO isn't really competitive. I didn't use a flat power curve though, but I think the main issue with the car is its slow cornering. Maybe the GTO needs to step up to SM tyres to be competitive with the other GT3 cars?

I really enjoyed the MR cars (Dino and GT40), so much better balance :D

So, you guys put a Turbo 3 into those GT40s? I thankfully refuse to tune a car up and then limit it down so much, I'd rather be down o Performance Points than putting Turbos and ECU's on 1966 V8s. :) My opinion, to each their own.

I never like using the power limiter to any great extent either. That flat power "curve" I think is very unrealistic. The maximum power at lower revs also makes it harder to control I find.

Anyway, my untuned GT40 didn't do too bad. The bumpy nature of the track caught me out mostly. In fact I removed the race soft suspension and ran it completely stock on one race and it was better! A flatter track would suit it and probably all the GT's better.
Sorry Sick I haven't had a chance to try your settings yet. I will though.

The only thing I did to the XJ13 was to increase the down force and this did help on the corners but lost out on the straights. Quite nice to drive even if PD's sound department thinks it sounded like someone shaking a tin of nuts and bolts.

Yes, big welcome SimbaLora!!!
Yes, second this.👍
It was nice to see Maximusmonster
And this. 👍👍

Last edited:
I never like using the power limiter to any great extent either. That flat power "curve" I think is very unrealistic. The maximum power at lower revs also makes it harder to control I find.

Anyway, my untuned GT40 didn't do too bad. The bumpy nature of the track caught me out mostly. In fact I removed the race soft suspension and ran it completely stock on one race and it was better! A flatter track would suit it and probably all the GT's better.
Sorry Sick I haven't had a chance to try your settings yet. I will though.

The only thing I did to the XJ13 was to increase the down force and this did help on the corners but lost out on the straights. Quite nice to drive even if PD's sound department thinks it sounded like someone shaking a tin of nuts and bolts.

Yes, second this.👍
And this. 👍👍

This is how the Jaguar XJ13 should sound (driven by the brilliant former Le Mans racer Alain De Cadanet).

Tuning for torque is more than just slapping on a turbo (some don't give the best results) - you want to raise the revs which comes from other parts. I juggle the parts list until I find what gives me the best figures - as Carroll Shelby said "It's torque that wins races." - well maybe it did for him, but he was a great driver and later employed great drivers. He generally had more torque than his competitors, but also more weight.

@John Wells I'll send you the full tune for the GT40.

Like IfAndOr I think my XJ13 is mostly stock at the moment apart from extra downforce - I think our cars were pretty equal in the races, the difference being down to IfAndOr's extra skills.

I have a treat coming with the next Race Report - a series of interviews with the stars: Pimiki, Lex and Eran in which they reveal their race secrets. I'll add one a week and hope to also feature interviews with other stars of Sunday Racing!

I did think carefully about the tyres on the 250 GTO, but changing them improved the lap times too much - it is currently the slowest GT3 car and in line with the GT5 cars.

Last edited:
I found that the Ferrari 250 GTO and the 330 P4 have the wrong sounds.

The videos show how the 330 P4 and the 250 GTO should sound:

Back