Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - HISTORIC LM Replicas: Champions: Siggers, Harsk, PimikiFinished 

Do you have a PS4?

• No and planning to switch to PC, XBox One or retire (please let me know approximately when).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess this championship where better for me, last race went really good, got behind Miki and just waited for the right moment, he doesn't do a lot of mistakes though, I past him on the last lap and then I didn't wanna brake to hard after the straight so he might hit me, but of course I went of course because of that, anyway I have a fast car and could hold back even behind Miki, so a little track practice this weekend might do the trick. :)

Thank you for letting me compete on such short notice. I had to take a phone call though at the start of the first race, then as it ran over time I had to pull over and stop during the last race.

If there are spaces I should be free for next weekend. I can get some practice and have a chance to tweak the car settings.

Hi mate how can I join?

Hi XK50 - The championship is full, but you can join as a reserve driver. This means that you can race whenever there is a vacant space - for example today there were two vacant grid slots. Whenever I know that a slot is available I notify the reserves via GTPlanet and the available spaces are taken on a first come first served basis. I rely on regular drivers to let me know in advance when they are unable to attend - this is not always possible, for example Harsk had controller and PS3 problems today. Reserve drivers are promoted to permanent drivers with a guaranteed grid slot after three attended meetings subject to space being available.

I will review the cars for new members tomorrow. For Sig it will be race 1 and 2 Ford GT40, race 3 Ferrari 330 P4. NB Sig will join as a reserve as the championship is fullFor XK50 I will let you know your cars, race numbers, paint colours etc tomorrow. I will list you as a Silver level reserve, but if you are exceptionally fast in your first attended round you will be promoted to Gold Reserve - Gold are the fastest drivers and use different cars in the championship (Platinum drivers are winners of previous championships).

Apologies to all for my shambolic hosting today - settings etc. will be correct for round 2.

Race Report, Photos and Championship Tables to follow...

Edit - After considering the points made by Eran we will keep the qualifying for race 3 unless we are very behind with the programme. I will try to open up the room earlier and it would be appreciated if people could arrive on time so that we can get started early. The first round always takes longer to get started and today was no exception.

Last edited:
Those are reserve numbers because they are fictional - the permanent drivers have the actual race numbers used in 1967. When I revise the sheets Bloodyboyblue will have one of those numbers and he is a permanent driver as the three genuine numbers have been issued already.
Ah! So, the #88, #99 and #71 would be fictional numbers, right? Why did you decide to put fictional numbers?

WOW! 2nd place on both season openers. lol Sick like I said in the lobby, you're going to have to review my car and make sure everything is copacetic cause that was unusual to me. Nevertheless, Had a grand time racing with you gentlemen again! Pimiki, your racing line is flawless my friend! Don't think you made one mistake this whole day really!

I hope I can keep up this momentum. Race report below.

RACE 1 - Got out to a magnificent start after qualifying 3rd. Was out in 1st and it felt odd so I slowed down because I thought we were doing a pace lap or something :lol:
Dropped down to 4th but kept my racing line and kept a steady pace to capture 2nd place.

RACE 2 - Pretty much the same as the first, got out to a great start, only this time I knew there was no pace lap, so no slowing up this time :mischievous:. Despite my efforts to stay ahead, Pimiki still managed to hawk me down and pass me, However; I wasn't going to let him win without a fight. I was a good 2-3 seconds behind him the entire race. I ended finishing 2nd place again, only this time I was only 4 seconds behind Pimiki.

RACE 3 - Race started out good..... Until I got on the straight. Everybody in the GT40 and I mean EVERYBODY hawked me down and passed me :lol:. I was able to have a decent battle with @eran0004 for about half a lap lol and @buybon355 and I had some decent position swapping as well. I was able to capture 6th in this race.

TOTAL REVIEW - Glad I came back for another one of Sick's series. I loved the last one, and I'm probably gonna love this one too! Here's to a clean and competitive Championship gentlemen. :cheers:

@Sick Cylinder In my opinion we should do qualifying for the 3rd race. Today was an exception because we had a lot of bad luck with the settings, but in the previous series we were able to have two qualifying sessions and three races before running out of time, so we should be able to do that in this series as well. I also think the cars are so much different between the first races and the third that it doesn't really work to have the grid based on the results of the second race.

Finally regarding qualifying, would it be possible to make the qualifying session a time trial and then let the race be based on the results from the time trial? Not sure if it's possible to switch from time trial to endurance race within the same room, but if it does work than I think that could allow us to be more strict with the time, because if you're not in time for the qualifying session you can still join the race (from the back) and everyone doesn't have to wait for those that are late.

Edit: Never mind, just tested and it's not possible.

Race Report

1 and 2: The 250 GTO was keeping up the pace good through the corners, but on the straights I topped out at 286 km/h, which seemed to be on the unfashionable side of the 300 mark. Still it was fun to drive at La Sarthe, it seems like it benefits from a similar driving style as the Cobra Daytona, the way you need to give it a slight slide around the bends.

3: The GT40 is always nice to drive, very easy to rotate, almost to the point where you're not realising how fast you're going before it's too late ;) Had such a moment on the last lap, after spending too much time looking at the track map I just missed my braking point at Mulsanne and slid out in the sand. Fortunately there was a big gap behind me so I didn't lose any positions, and I managed to finish 3rd.

Last edited:
Sounds good mate could I possibly ask in advance if I could have #2 if its available (meh lucky number) and do you have Facebook or something as I don't really come on here that much as it doesn't work well with my phone. Cheers mate

Ah! So, the #88, #99 and #71 would be fictional numbers, right? Why did you decide to put fictional numbers?

We have some fictional race numbers in our GT5 class of the "1967 Three Ten Cup" because only one example of the Corvette, GT350 and Lotus was raced at Le Mans - these were numbers 9, 17 and 44 respectively. To allow up to six people to compete in this class three fictional numbers were created for these cars namely 99, 71 and 88.

In the "1966 Sports Car Cup" fictional numbers are used for the Jaguar team because they did not enter Le Mans for various reasons - the car was obsolete before it was even built because Ford were developing the 7 litre MK2 GT40 against which the Jaguar could not have been competitive. The FIA had also announced that Prototypes would be limited to 3 litres from 1968 onwards, on top of that Jaguar had over extended its finances buying Daimler and suffered disastrous sales of the Mark 10 saloon resulting in the BMC takeover and racing was not a priority for the new management.

Sounds good mate could I possibly ask in advance if I could have #2 if its available (meh lucky number) and do you have Facebook or something as I don't really come on here that much as it doesn't work well with my phone. Cheers mate

Sorry, it won't be possible to use the number 2 as the numbers we are using (with a few exceptions) are the actual numbers used at Le Mans in 1966 and 1967 (Pimiki is using the number 2 on his 1966 car - as reigning champion I gave him the number of the original race winning car). I will let you know your numbers and other details asap.

Sorry, we don't have a facebook page.

@Sick Cylinder In my opinion we should do qualifying for the 3rd race. Today was an exception because we had a lot of bad luck with the settings, but in the previous series we were able to have two qualifying sessions and three races before running out of time, so we should be able to do that in this series as well. I also think the cars are so much different between the first races and the third that it doesn't really work to have the grid based on the results of the second race.

Agreed! Qualifying for race 3 will only be cancelled if for some reason the meeting is running very behind schedule.

Hi Sick
I can't stand it any longer. I love the gt40s era. I've been avoiding your championship due to family pressures but I really want to race in this one!!
Could I please be a reserve driver?
I can only attend 1 Sunday this month...25th but from November should be able to attend more. However this is totally dependent on the family allowing me to race at that time on Sunday!
Let me know if this is possible
:cheers:

Hi Sick
I can't stand it any longer. I love the gt40s era. I've been avoiding your championship due to family pressures but I really want to race in this one!!
Could I please be a reserve driver?
I can only attend 1 Sunday this month...25th but from November should be able to attend more. However this is totally dependent on the family allowing me to race at that time on Sunday!
Let me know if this is possible

Hi Sutsagrd - I will list you as a Reserve Driver - I will revise the driver lists and issue numbers etc. asap. The series is now full both with Permanent Drivers and Reserve Drivers.

Deputy Stewards
Lex Lathor - If I am unable to attend the meeting Lex will Host.
IfAndOr
Flaco
Eran
Manasseh

It is expected that everyone will drive in a clean and fair manner in line with the GTPlanet OLR. In the event of a driving complaint two of the Deputy Stewards will review the replay and suggest appropriate action to Sick Cylinder. Complaints should not be made during a meeting, as this is distracting for other drivers, but should be made to Sick Cylinder after the meeting.

Race Report Round 1 from La Sarthe 2005 No Chicanes

1967 Three Ten Cup

1967 310 Cup.jpg

Above views of the start. In 1967 the GT350 was driven by Dubois and Tuerlinckx, yesterday it was driven by Buybon who was severely hampered by the cars lack of straightline speed. The car should be competitive in its GT5 class at next weeks round at Brands Hatch.

Platinum driver and reigning champion Pimiki drove his Alfa Romeo (Austin Healey Le Mans Replica) to the overall and GT3 class win. This car has a very high top speed, but less acceleration so is unlikely to challenge the fastest GT40 for an overall win at Brands Hatch unless Pimiki is in exceptional form.

Race 1 Podium
1st Overall - Pimiki (Alfa) - 1st GT3
2nd Overall - Manasseh (GT40)
3rd Overall - Flaco (250GTO) 2nd GT3
4th Overall - Daniel (Lotus) - 1st GT5
9th Overall - Eran (250GTO) - 3rd GT3
10th Overall - Buybon (GT350) - 2nd GT5

Race 2 Podium
1st Overall - Pimiki (Alfa) - 1st GT3
2nd Overall - Manasseh (GT40)
3rd Overall - Lex Lathor (Alfa) - 2nd GT3
4th Overall - Flaco (250GTO) - 3rd GT3
7th Overall - Daniel (Lotus) - 1st GT5
10th Overall - Buybon (GT350) - 2nd GT5

1966 Sports Car Cup

Action.jpg

At Le Mans in 1966 the Ford GT40 Mark 2 seven litre came home first, second and third. In our recreation it took the first five places.

Podium
1st - Pimiki (2) - (Bruce McLaren / Chris Amon 1st)
2nd - Daniel (4) - (Mark Donohue / Paul Hawkins DNF)
3rd - Eran (8) - (Sir John Whitmore / Frank Gardner DNF)
4th - Lex Lathor (1) - (Ken Miles / Dennis Hulme 2nd)
5th - Flaco (5) - (Ronnie Bucknum / Dick Hutcherson 3rd)

6th - Manasseh (41) Matra Replica - (Johnny Servoz-Gavin / Jean-Pierre Beltoise DNF)
8th - Sick Cylinder (24) Serenissima Replica - (Jean-Claude Sauer / Jean de Mortemart DNF)
9th - IfAndOr (42) Matra Replica - (Jo Schlesser / Alan Rees DNF)

variety.jpg

Ferrari.jpg

Top number 8 Eran launches the Whitmore Gardner replica. John Wells was driving the Phil Hill and Joakim Bonnier Chaparral. Number 14 Buybn in the Peter Sutcliffe and Dieter Spoerry Mark 1 4.7 litre GT40.

Above Sig drove the Ludovico Scarfiotti and Mike Parkes Ferrari 330 P3 replica, but retired. Sick Cylinder misjudged a slip streaming pass and clipped sigs car as he passed Tarnhelds XJ13 at the end of the Mulsanne straight then ploughed into the sand to be passed by the field - apologies to all!

Championship tables with full results to follow

Next round 2 from Brands Hatch 1980's - enjoy this footage from the race in 1967:

Have you sorted my number and colour yet mate? Can't wait to race with you guys! One more thing I can fill in for you in the race your missing.

Nice photos as always @IfAndOr - if you want more information on the Mirage M1 click on the following link:

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2910.html

Interview with Pimiki
I will be publishing an interview with a different Sunday Racer each week - first reigning champion Pimiki.

1. What is the secret behind your speed?
Pimiki: Track knowledge. In the meantime when I search the best setup, I try to cognize my car's behavior, and align it to the track
2. Do you use a wheel or controller?
Pimiki: Wheel, it's slower but more realistic

3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?
Pimiki: Until it was good the G27 fixed, now I changed it to T500RS which is also fixed in the cockpit

4. How many hours per week do you practise?
Pimiki: Usually 1-2 hours and 3 or 4 times a week
5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?
Pimiki:I set camber and toe to 0,00. Then I set transmission for the best acceleration and I try to distribute the gears optimally
6. How long have you been playing GT?
Pimiki: Around 6 years
7. How old are you or is that private?
Pimiki: In my nick name pimiki_54, the number is my birth year

8. What does your family think of your hobby?
Pimiki:They absolutely supporting me, and happy when I'm successful
9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?
Pimiki:Currently a Jeep Grand Cherokee (2014) and an Oldsmobile Big Six old timer (1927)
10. Do you drive fast in real life?
Pimiki: Not, only lively

11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?
Pimiki: I would try a lot of cars at the appropriate place, I prefer the American ones

Next week an interview with Lex Lathor!

New Reserve Drivers and New Le Mans Replicas
Due to popular demand the number of reserve drivers has been increased to 6 and this has required the creation of some new replicas. I have added a replica Bizarini P538 - this contested the Le Mans race in 1966 using race number 10. As we have run out of Ford GT40 replicas some reserves will drive GT40's disguised as Alpine A210 replicas - you will need to squint to see the resemblance!

1967 Silver Drivers.jpg
1967 Gold Drivers.jpg
1966 Silver Drivers.jpg
1966 Gold Drivers.jpg

@Sick Cylinder I can't make it this Sunday, so maybe you'll get a chance to test the new replicas :)

Thanks for letting me know Eran. Bloodyboyblue won't be racing until Round 3 so that means we currently have 2 spare grid slots for Reserve Drivers - the first to respond will get the slots.

@XK50
@Sutsagrd
@Siggers
@TonyLomas
@S_Bridge
@Zmihalik

All Reserve Drivers please check your cars against thethe tables a couple of posts previous - car details for you are listed against Silver except for Zmihalik who is listed as
Gold.

Pictures of the new Replicas

New Replicas.jpg
1966 Bizzarini P538 5.4 litre Slide.jpg

The Bizzarini P538 was originally conceived as a sports car to contest the big money Can Am series and was requested by Mike Gammino. Bizzarini attended the 1965 Sebring event with two Bizzarini A3c's. At the time this was the only internationally recognised sports car event in the USA and a good result would have resulted in demand for Bizzarini road and race cars. Sadly both cars wrecked in accidents - the first when the brake fluid boiled away and the second when Gammino aquaplaned on a flooded track, lost control and struck a steel beam snapping the car in half - amazingly he was uninjured and was sufficiently impressed with the car that he ordered a rear engined Bizzarini which would be raced in Can Am and at Le Mans.

Vote for the Bizzarini P538 to be added to GT7 here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/bizzarrini-p538-barchetta-1966.310270/

Below pictures of the Bizzarini A3C's at Sebring in 1965 - note the fitment of one round and one oblong auxiliary lamp on the cars - I am not sure if each lamp had a different purpose, but it seems odd not to fit each car with matching lamps. Max Balchowsky of "Old Yeller" fame and owner of the Hollywood Motors garage took both wrecked cars and made one roadworthy car out of the remains. I was fortunate enough to see and hear an A3C race at Brands Hatch last year - the 5.4 litre quad weber V8 certainly made a great sound!

Bizzarini A3C.jpg

For any of you who are Sebring fans, former Sunday Racer @NingDynasty has made an uncannily realistic replica of the circuit - both the modern and 1966 versions - full details can be found on the News page of GTPlanet - the tracks can also be downloaded from the community section, shared tracks of my page.

Last edited:
we currently have 2 spare grid slots for Reserve Drivers - the first to respond will get the slots
Thanks for allocating me a car as a reserve driver.
I'm away on holiday this weekend but really hoping to join you a week on Sunday (25)if there are any reserve spaces available?
Really looking forward to racing with everyone again. :)👍
I'll try to get my cars ready and post them to make sure they meet scrutineering standards.

Sick, the closest car for the replicating the Alpine A210 is Alpine A110 1600S '72 and not the Ford GT40.
alpine-a210-04.jpg
1972_alpine_a110_1600s__gran_turismo_6__by_vertualissimo-d83qxrj.jpg

It can't get 310 bhp though. But on the other hand it has only got 2/3 of the weight compared to the GT40, so it might be competitive anyway. I'm getting 635 kg and 259 bhp with an oil change. 531 pp, compared to 519 pp for the GT40. And if it's still not competitive after that you could always add a flat floor and get some downforce.

It can't get 310 bhp though. But on the other hand it has only got 2/3 of the weight compared to the GT40, so it might be competitive anyway. I'm getting 635 kg and 259 bhp with an oil change. 531 pp, compared to 519 pp for the GT40. And if it's still not competitive after that you could always add a flat floor and get some downforce.
Yes, but can the Fully Tuned A110 keep the pace with GT40?

Back