Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - HISTORIC LM Replicas: Champions: Siggers, Harsk, PimikiFinished 

Do you have a PS4?

• No and planning to switch to PC, XBox One or retire (please let me know approximately when).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't have cirrus white, what do I buy to get it? Had a run in all the cars, can't get 310 bhp out of the lotus, but I'm still finding it 2-3 secs faster per lap than the vette and the mustang. Anyone else finding this?

Had a run in all the cars, can't get 310 bhp out of the lotus, but I'm still finding it 2-3 secs faster per lap than the vette and the mustang. Anyone else finding this?

I tested them at Apricot Hill, and the Lotus was slightly faster. The Corvette was +0.3 and the Mustang +0.5 seconds.

The Lotus has a better power-to-weight ratio, so it has better acceleration at low speeds. However, it also has less power than the Mustang and the Corvette, so at high speeds they're more even (drag is more important than mass at high speeds). The Lotus handles better in my opinion, since it's an MR drivetrain and there's very little understeer. But it also feels less planted, and it's easier to get into a slide.

But yes, I'd say that the Lotus is the best car of the three. But it's not by a lot, probably comparable to the Avon tour we did.

@Sick Cylinder
My cars, for aesthetic scrutineering.

DSC_0574.JPG

@Sick Cylinder
My cars, for aesthetic scrutineering.

View attachment 439058

Spot on!

Thanks Eran, guess I need to improve my tunes. I was testing offline at autumn ring.

When I tested the cars originally I found the Lotus Europa was fastest, the Shelby GT350 was 0.1 behind and the Corvette was 0.3 behind, but it will vary according to tune, track and driving style. The time differences for the cars are given at the end of post 5 (1967) and post 6 (1966) and this also includes the room limits and the PP, KG and BHP levels which were used for testing. My tip is to maximise the torque of the GT350 and Corvette and use the limiter to bring the power down to 310bhp. Both these cars require the full race exhaust to get the right look (white side pipes on the Corvette). The increased torque of these cars helps negate their power to weight ratio disadvantage compared to the Lotus.

Spot on!

My tip is to maximise the torque of the GT350 and Corvette and use the limiter to bring the power down to 310bhp. Both these cars require the full race exhaust to get the right look (white side pipes on the Corvette). The increased torque of these cars helps negate their power to weight ratio disadvantage compared to the Lotus.

Top tip - found the extra speed I was looking for, thanks Sick!

Somewhere near I hope.

Wedgewood blue with various additionsView attachment 445293 View attachment 445294 French blueView attachment 445295

Perfect!

Here's how the sister Mirage M1 looked in 1967 and below that the Matra MS620 liveries in 1966 - a nice close match!

Mirage M1 & Matra MS620 Slide.jpg

If other drivers could post pictures of their cars on the thread for checking it would be much appreciated - only a few weeks left before the new series starts!

View attachment 446171 View attachment 446172

Let me know if these meet the regs Sick

Hi Buybon - very good, but please add the body modifications to the Shelby GT350 which make it look like a GT350R (particularly makes the front more racy by enlarging the radiator inlet) and if not already added, the full race exhaust (I need to amend the thread guidance on this). Your race numbers and all other cars are correct.

Below is a picture of the Shelby GT350 raced at Le Mans in 1967:

1967LM17_car3.JPG

Sick, here's my following cars.
Ford GT40 #6 for 1966 Sports Ten Cup:
View attachment 446871 View attachment 446872

Chevrolet Corvette C2 #99:
Which one?
View attachment 446873 View attachment 446874 View attachment 446875

All Drivers racing in category GT5 in the "1967 Three Ten Cup" please note the 1963 C2 Corvette should be fitted with the full race exhaust system which features white sidepipes (as per the original car). You can see these on Buybon's car in post #48. Extra guidance has been added to the thread and highlighted in bold in post number 5.

Don't know if I'm officially signed up or not for this, but I won't be participating in this series, sorry.

That is a great shame - if anyone is reading this thread and wants to step in, it means bloodyboyblue's cars are now available - these are as follows:

"1967 Three Ten Cup" Rounds 1-4 = number 17 Shelby GT350 Original white with blue racing stripes, Rounds 5-8 = number 44 Lotus Europa Special Cirrus White, Rounds 9-12 = number 9 Corvette C2 Le Mans blue.

"1966 Sports Car Cup" Rounds 1-12 = number 12 Ford GT40 Innes Ireland / Jochen Rindt Replica MK1, colour Azurro Acqua Marina from Fiat 500 F 1968.

Any driver wanting to join this series whether fast or slow, novice or experienced, DS3 or wheel user please contact Sick Cylinder ASAP to join - Round 0 (Test Day is on Sunday 4th October) All are welcome!

@Sick Cylinder
Is the combination of CS & SH tyres compulsory on the GT40 in the three ten cup?
I'm finding on my few quick tests that it introduces quite a lot understeer.
Could I use SH's all around? I quite like the lively nature of the car on them.

I think I'm just going to use race hard or soft suspension and not bother with any further settings.

@Sick Cylinder
Is the combination of CS & SH tyres compulsory on the GT40 in the three ten cup?
I'm finding on my few quick tests that it introduces quite a lot understeer.
Could I use SH's all around? I quite like the lively nature of the car on them.

I think I'm just going to use race hard or soft suspension and not bother with any further settings.

Thanks for the question IfAndOr - I'll amend the thread to allow this (SH / SH tyres instead of CS / SH). The original reason for those tyres being specified was to enable Silver drivers (such as myself) to use the car in virtually standard condition - it is difficult to drive on matched tyres with a full suspension tune.

It's usually easier, with MR cars having softer tyres on the front:)

You getting quite a lot of understeer? Have a test later:D

Is engine tuning allowed fo 310 Cup?

Last edited:
It's usually easier, with MR cars having softer tyres on the front:)

You getting quite a lot of understeer? Have a test later:D

Is engine tuning allowed fo 310 Cup?

Any tuning is allowed in both championships up to the room limit maximums.

I've been testing some different GT40 tunes found on GT Planet and will post up the results later this week. I am finding it very difficult to control at race speeds on matched tyres, but I've only tried a couple of tunes so far and there are plenty more left to try. There is some understeer, as IfAndOr has found, when using the suggested CS / SH combination.

Back