Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - HISTORIC LM Replicas: Champions: Siggers, Harsk, PimikiFinished 

Do you have a PS4?

• No and planning to switch to PC, XBox One or retire (please let me know approximately when).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OMG! Think I just did a horrible mistake, and accidentally ordered a Ps4 :scared:

I was just looking I promise :boggled:

I hope the new hardware doesn't draw me away from the ps3 and GT.
I guess I just have to put it in a closet until GT7 comes out. :D
Well my PS4 all it does is picking dust with a disc a copy of pcars inside and motorcycle game RIDE in its box lying around next to it. Both titles are nice, don't get me wrong, but it just wasn't mind-blowing enough to seriously ever make me astray from GT. Because GT is GT, it's special despite its flaws. In the other titles I see mostly the flaws, plus a lack in having the specialness, they just don't deliver like that.

Buying a PS4 isn't a 'horrible mistake', XboxOne is! :lol:

BH Slide 1.jpg

We have had some great photos of Round 2 from Lex Lathor and others so rather than publish similar ones I thought this week I would include some photos in the race report and details from the real race which we recreated. In 1967 the BOAC 500 was the final round of the World Sportscar Championship. The works Ford team did not attend - their priority had been Le Mans and they had attended the long distance events in preparation for that event. The race was won by Mike Spence and Phil Hill driving the Chaparral (number 1) and Ferrari clinched the championship at Brands Hatch.

For Le Mans the Surtees Team Lolas had been powered by the new Tadek Marek designed Aston Martin V8, but at Brands Hatch the John Surtees and David Hobbs car (number 2) blasted off the front of the grid with Chevrolet V8 power. This is a car which is desperately needed in GT7 to battle with the Ferrari 330 P4 as it did on that historic day in 1967. Eric Broadley had designed the Lola Mark 6 which competed at Le Mans in 1963. Ford were impressed so they bought two of the three Lola Mark 6's built, together with the services of Eric for twelve months where he worked on the GT40. Eric then produced the stunning Lola T70 in 1965 which went on to claim the Can Am title in 1966 and came 1st and 2nd at the 24 hours of Daytona in 1969.

In 1967 the 4.7 litre Ford GT40 competed in the Group 4 category against the 3.3 litre Ferrari 250LM - look for number 55 in the mid pack. The 250LM was the last Ferrari to win Le Mans overall (1965) and also deserves its slot in GT7. Next to the number 55 car you can see the number 29 Lotus Type 47 - by this time it had sprouted two high air intakes in an attempt to reduce engine bay temperatures and these led to it being nicknamed the snorkel car. It's Cosworth FVA engine was essentially half a Formula One engine.

BH Slide 3 Programme.jpg

Above left the font cover of the official race programme. Right the Chaparral chased by three works Ferraris and a Porsche. Below the entry list - the finest grid for the most important non-GP race to be held in the UK since 1959!

BH Slide 2 Entry List.jpg

After our race on Sunday I discovered that I was still running my minimum downforce settings from Le Mans on my Jaguar XJ13 which explains why it felt so strange after the GT40 - I did a back to back test and found it was 2.8 seconds a lap faster round Brands with the correct high downforce setting - oh what might have been!

Championship Points Tables

1967 Points Round 2.jpg

1966 Points Round 2.jpg

Interview with Lex Lathor
Each week I will be bringing you an interview with a Sunday Racer - last week it was reigning champion Pimiki - this week it is the turn of Vice Champion Lex.

1. What is the secret behind your speed?
Humility and respect. And lot of practice with Pimiki. ;)
Before I joined to Sick's Racing Room I raced a lot against the some of fastest drivers in Hungary. I learned a lot from them.
2. Do you use a wheel or controller?
I use Logitech DFGT. I don't drive with controller.
3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?
Wheel on old computer desk front of the TV. I sit on old Volvo seat on office-chair base.
4. How many hours per week do you practise?
About 3-4x1-1,5 hour.
5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?
Usually I set suspension to center of soft, differential to 10/12/15 and transmisson. Sometimes I'm looking for something on :gtpflag:. Then I run some race-lenght test.
6. How long have you been playing GT?
offline: autumn of 2011, online: autumn of 2012
7. How old are you or is that private?
I'm 37 years old.
8. What does your family think of your hobby?
They don't understand, why I'm sitting there so much. :)
9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?
My car is Suzuki Ignis 1.3 '06. And I drive Ford Transit '02 at my workplace.
10. Do you drive fast in real life?
I like to go fast, but I don't racing on the road. I didn't make accident with personal injury since I got my driver's license.
11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?
Any racing car in any beginner championship. For example Hungarian Suzuki Cup or Central European Touring Car Cup.

Cars which need your support (please check back later after I have had time to update)
[INSERT LINKS]

Note - at the moment I am expecting a full grid with no spaces for reserve drivers, but will keep you informed via the thread. Bergele has stepped down to reserve status and Siggers has taken his slot as permanent driver.

Next Round 3 from Madrid

A reminder Blue, it'll be at 17:00 GMT on Sunday.
Not sure if your clocks change at the same time as ours.

Thanks for the reminder IfAndOr - I'll repeat it in big letters!

Important Information for all Racers

This weekend the UK switches from Summertime (BST) to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), so from this Sunday until the end of March 2016 our race meeting will start at 17:00 GMT.

Please arrive before 17:00 so that we can start the meeting promptly. I have not been notified of any absences so therefore I am expecting a full room with no vacant slots for reserve drivers. If the room is not full at 17:05 (sometimes people forget or have a problem) I will message the reserve drivers so they can take the space.

zmihalik is available tomorrow.
- Please refer to above Lex - we don't have any spaces for this Sunday. Please ask Zmihalik to send me a friend request so that I can message him if a space becomes available.

Suts - Please refer to above information. At the moment we have a full room and three reserve drivers also available to race - yourself, Zmihalik and XK50. If a space becomes available I will let you all know and it will go to the first responder.

Good luck and happy racing to all and a big thanks to IfAndOr for a reminder about the time change - I apologise on behalf of the UK for the time change - it leads to a massive increase in road accidents due to poor light when people are on their way home from work and appears to done solely to appease a handful of Scottish farmers - presumably we could have got rid of it if the Scottish had voted for independence?

In my last post I forgot to include a video of Lola T70's in action so I will post it now for your enjoyment. In 1967 the Lola's famously had their disastrous outing at Le Mans using 5 litre Aston Martin engines - these were so early in their development cycle that they were woefully underpowered and unreliable causing Team Surtees to switch to Chevrolet engines. John Wells is driving one of our replica Aston powered Lola's.

Last edited:
Actually, winter time is the standard time, while summer time is a temporary deviation. Daylight saving time mainly benefits sectors with clock-based schedules, such as industry, commerce, education, etc. to adjust for the fact that the sun rises earlier in the summer than in the winter and as such people tend to wake up earlier as well. So to not offset the schedule too much in relation to the biological rythm, it was decided to set the clocks forward one hour during summer. Instead of waking up at 6 (time) and going to work at 8 (schedule), you would wake up at 7 (time) and go to work 8 (schedule).

Agriculture on the other hand is more closely tied to solar time (which changes gradually throughout the entire year - a full day-night cycle is only 24 hours four times per year, during the rest of the year it's either a little shorter or a little longer). When the sun rises, the animals on the farm wake up and that is when you need to start your day, regardless of what the clock says. Over time the agricultural sector has become more and more industrialized though, so today it's more dependant on clock time (just like the other sectors) than it used to be.

Speaking of solar time, it often appears counter-intuitive for people in the northern hemisphere that the Earth is actually closer to the sun during winter, since winter is so much colder than summer. But it's very much true, and not only that: The Earth also accelerates in its orbit around the sun during winter, because since it is moving closer the gravitational pull between the Sun and the Earth increases. This increase in speed and change in distance to the sun means that the differences between the length of the day-night cycle is the greatest during winter: in November the cycle is half an hour shorter than in February.

So in essence: Winter is the orbital racing season, the record lap time between two noons on Earth is 23:43:27 (November 3rd), and Scottish farmers can't be blamed for the daylight saving time ;)

Bonus content: Prior to 1879, each town in Sweden had their own local time, based on when the average noon occurred in each place. So when the time was 8:00 in one town, the neighbouring towns could have 8:01, 7:59 etc.
This made it very complicated when the railway system was introduced, because the time-tables had to be adjusted for every station along the route and it was hopeless for the drivers to know if they were on schedule or not since their clocks didn't adjust for the local time variations.
Initially, they tried to solve the problem by introducing a railway time which was fixed for the entire country, but the problem then emerged that very few people could understand the time tables, since the railway time was different from their local time.
In the end, Sweden abandoned the system of local times altogether and introduced a national standard time instead.

Last edited:
So in essence: Winter is the orbital racing season, the record lap time between two noons on Earth is 23:43:27 (November 3rd), and Scottish farmers can't be blamed for the daylight saving time ;)
That's told you Sick. :)

Very interesting piece Eran. 👍
The railways had a similar standardising effect in the UK. It's surprising how relatively little time has passed since people lived purely by the natural rhythm of the day.

There was a TV program I watched recently called "What time is it?" A simple question that couldn't be answered fully.

Here it is. It's a long video - but interesting

They can in the UK - we have tried running the UK on BST all year round and it was very successful (1968-1971). During the first two years of the experiment there were 2,500 fewer deaths or serious injuries on the roads, but despite this MP's voted to end the experiment - reportedly due to pressure from Scottish farmers.

@LexLathor - I just noticed Zmihalik is already on my friends list so please ignore my earlier request.

Sick, I don't know if I'll be able to get on the race in time. I have to go out with my mom, so I don't know at what time will I come home. I'll try to be on the race as quick as possible.

Sick and guys

Firstly sorry for my barrier spin 1st lap of the 67 race (race 3). I tried to get out the way and slow down but I think created a worse situation. :dunce::banghead:

I really enjoyed the first 2 races. Thanks everyone for letting me join. The gt40 is such a good car to drive. :cool::)

To everyone's relief I won't be available rest of October.
If you'll have me back I'd like to race in November again if there's a space.
Thanks
Suts
:cheers:

I was available today but as you had a full grid & at least one reserve standing by, I didn't make it known. I haven't yet practiced in these cars but I'll do so before next week just in case the planets align & I race with you guys. After next week, I'll definitely be away for a while & it would be nice to see you all at least once before the current series finishes.

Like rehdogg, I too will have to leave the series as long as harsk is on the track. It's stopped being fun.
Please don't. I accidentally divebombed you... My GT40 was hard to control. And what you did to me wasn't right. I was 3rd place, and in last corner, you pushed me to the wall, which caused me damage to my car and lose several places. That's unfair. :grumpy:

I'm sorry if I have divebombed on you and Buybon. It wasn't on purpose. :(

Please don't. I accidentally divebombed you... My GT40 was hard to control. And what you did to me wasn't right. I was 3rd place, and in last corner, you pushed me to the wall, which caused me damage to my car and lose several places. That's unfair. :grumpy:

I'm sorry if I have divebombed on you and Buybon. It wasn't on purpose. :(

I saw how you raced bb, wrecking my teammate at least twice was strike 1.

Blocking me intentionally at the start of race 2 when I moved to pass you like 3 different directions was strike 2.

I could excuse hitting me in turn 1 of lap 2 in race 3 since I brake earlier than other people and that was accidental.

Then at the end of lap 2 I was driving hard and I snapped loose and accidentally went in front of you/almost put you in the wall since I was driving that fast right turn way faster than I should have. So in response you honked your horn and pushed me into the fence in the carousel, I don't know what that means in Portugal, but in North America that would be taken as intentional contact, it wasn't even close to a dive bomb. So from there it was on as far as I'm concerned.

I saw how you raced bb, wrecking my teammate at least twice was strike 1.

Blocking me intentionally at the start of race 2 when I moved to pass you like 3 different directions was strike 2.

I could excuse hitting me in turn 1 of lap 2 in race 3 since I brake earlier than other people and that was accidental.

Then at the end of lap 2 I was driving hard and I snapped loose and accidentally went in front of you/almost put you in the wall since I was driving that fast right turn way faster than I should have. So in response you honked your horn and pushed me into the fence in the carousel, I don't know what that means in Portugal, but in North America that would be taken as intentional contact, it wasn't even close to a dive bomb. So from there it was on as far as I'm concerned.
It was an accident for the race 1.

At the race 2, BB has divebombed on me which caused a big mess.

I didn't hit you, I had divebombed on you.

So, because I had pushed you into the fence in the carousel, then you did the same to me, right? It's the second time that you have done to me!

Apologies for everyone. :(

It was an accident for the race 1.

At the race 2, BB has divebombed on me which caused a big mess.

I didn't hit you, I had divebombed on you.

So, because I had pushed you into the fence in the carousel, then you did the same to me, right? It's the second time that you have done to me!

Apologies for everyone. :(

If you didn't honk your horn while doing it, I might accept your dive bomb excuse. But not likely.

Every. Single. Race. Harsk. I'll do one more round, if no improvement in your driving standards I'm out too. Too see a hard fought clean fight watch the replay of race one with me eran and bbb. That's why I come to race with people I can trust to go along side with. We all make mistakes, but most of us realise we are not racing the AI but actual human beings.

Back