Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - HISTORIC LM Replicas: Champions: Siggers, Harsk, PimikiFinished 

Do you have a PS4?

• No and planning to switch to PC, XBox One or retire (please let me know approximately when).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My guess is that the A110 would be faster at lower speeds, but slower at higher speeds.
Well, it may be a little slower than the GT40, but the A110 1600S '72 is the closest car to replicate the A210. Although that we have the A110 1600S '73, that car is Semi-Premium and the people would rather use premium cars than the standard cars.

Well, it may be a little slower than the GT40, but the A110 1600S '72 is the closest car to replicate the A210. Although that we have the A110 1600S '73, that car is Semi-Premium and the people would rather use premium cars than the standard cars.

I think that one point of the 310 cup is that the silver drivers are using similar cars, so the GT40 might be the better choise for that reason.

@Sick Cylinder I should be free to race this Sunday 👍

With Siggers taking one of the two available slots for this Sunday I am expecting an attendance of 15.

Thanks for allocating me a car as a reserve driver.
I'm away on holiday this weekend but really hoping to join you a week on Sunday (25)if there are any reserve spaces available?

At the moment I am expecting a full grid on 25th October with no slots for reserve drivers, but keep an eye on the thread because some people may be unable to attend and will notify of this nearer the time.

I think that one point of the 310 cup is that the silver drivers are using similar cars, so the GT40 might be the better choise for that reason.

Eran has given the reason for using the GT40 - all the Silver drivers are using the same car in the "Three Ten Cup". Of secondary importance to this, we are also able to get the correct year, colour, similar looking wheels and a mid-engine configuration - with an Alpine A110 the make would be the same, but the car is rear engined. Some nice cutaway pictures of the cars:

A210 Cutaway.jpg

With Siggers taking one of the two available slots for this Sunday I am expecting an attendance of 15.

At the moment I am expecting a full grid on 25th October with no slots for reserve drivers, but keep an eye on the thread because some people may be unable to attend and will notify of this nearer the time.

Eran has given the reason for using the GT40 - all the Silver drivers are using the same car in the "Three Ten Cup". Of secondary importance to this, we are also able to get the correct year, colour, similar looking wheels and a mid-engine configuration - with an Alpine A110 the make would be the same, but the car is rear engined. Some nice cutaway pictures of the cars:

View attachment 462771
So the the Alpine A210 is MR while the Alpine A110 is RR, right?

Sick

Here's my Alpine A210 aka GT40:D

image.jpg image.jpg
Sorry about image quality.

Is there any tuning/oil etc for this car??
Also same question about the jaguar xj13? Can I use my existing one which has been tuned in the past or do I need a new one with no additions??

Thanks
:cheers:

Is there any tuning
Hi Mr Suts.

Both can be fully setup as you like with these restrictions...

The GT40 - 310bhp / 994kg / 519pp - SH tyres (or less)

The XJ13 - 485bhp / 998kg / 581pp - SM tyres

Last edited:
Hi Mr Suts.

The XJ13 - 480bhp / 998kg / 581pp - SM tyres

Thanks Paul.
I'll set them up next Sunday when I'm back from hols and if there's space??
Enjoy Brands this weekend.

See u

Thanks Paul.
I'll set them up next Sunday when I'm back from hols and if there's space??
Enjoy Brands this weekend.

See u

Hi Mr Suts.

The XJ13 - 480bhp / 998kg / 581pp - SM tyres

Note - you can go up to 485bhp on any of the cars in the "1966 Sports Car Cup", (except the Chaparral which is 400bhp, 576PP) subject to a PP limit of 581. I am running the Jaguar XJ13 stock apart from LSD (10 / 25 / 15) and downforce which I set low for La Sarthe and will set high for Brands Hatch and most other circuits. Gearing is also altered according to the track. This car handles so well as standard that if I changed the suspension settings it would probably spoil the car.

The GT40 is very difficult to drive on standard settings - I prefer it with a tune by Praiano, but with the rear suspension set as soft and high as possible - this was the only way I could get any grip at the rear on SH tyres. This modified tune has been posted in the thread, but I will send it if you need it. Most of the tunes for this car on GTPlanet involve ballast and or the fitting of rear wings, but wings are not allowed in our series.

If you are using a hand controller (DS3) set camber on both cars to 0 / 0.
Let me know if you want me to send you the tunes by message.

Important Change for Round 1 - La Sarthe 2005 No Chicanes only

This is a very extreme track with a straight over three miles long which enables the cars to reach unprecedented speeds. For this round only the following cars will be upgraded to Sport Soft tyres: Chevrolet Corvette C2, Shelby GT350, Ferrari 250 GTO - this temporary change has been made due to these cars having a much lower top speed - this should give them back some of the time they will lose.

No change will be made in the 1966 Sports Car Cup - the Ford GT40 driven by the Gold drivers has a big speed advantage over the other cars, but it laps slower at the other tracks on the calendar.

The races have been scheduled for 15 minutes each at round 1, but if we are ahead of schedule the final race will be increased in length to its normal 25 minutes.

Peak speeds in mph achieved by me in testing yesterday were:
1967 Three Ten Cup: Alfa TZ2 197, GT40 192, Dino 191, Lotus 191, 250 GTO 179, Corvette 177, GT350 169
1966 Sports Car Cup: GT40 223, XJ13 200, Ferrari 330 P4 205 and Chaparral 2D 191.
Don't forget to change back to Sports Medium guys. I remembered Sick mentioned this somewhere, it took me a while to find the post.

Lotus is overpowered, meaning, 4 seconds faster than the Chevrolet Corvette C2 in Brands Hatch.

I didn't get those results in testing so I checked the GT5 cars this morning and did 5 laps in the Corvette, 5 laps in the GT350, but I needed 10 laps in the Lotus to get close, but it was still the slowest of the three. For me the C2 was fastest with the GT350 0.389 behind and the Lotus 0.455 behind the C2. I am using a modified version of the @feydrautha (Arrakis Speedshop) tune and the 82kg of torque seems to make up for the extra weight - I was able to use 4th gear all the way round the track apart from the hairpin and a couple of 5th gear areas. I sent you the tune by private message because I don't want to clutter this thread. If you don't find one of the cars competitive, don't forget that the two lowest scoring rounds will be dropped when the championship points are totalled.

Last edited:
Well, about the Lotus, I've put some hard work in to make it go as fast and stable as possible and trained all week. I will make the same amount of work in to the corvette and Shelby when that time comes, and they will be fast to. This series I'm planning to be a contender and I'm pretty fast if I put my mind to it, and for the record, the lotus is pretty hard to control and it's mostly just luck when I get a fast lap.

The first race I think I screwed up myself,
the second race I think someone else screwed up, It was a mess, but that's racing I guess.

The third race was awesome since I almost won, super start, but two thirds through the race my back tires got so bad, that I had to let Sig pass, could have kept it a while I think, but that's not nice and for no reason, he would have passed me eventually anyway, shortly thereafter I went of track and mannaseh past me to, so I decided that I at least could try and keep Pimiki behind me, (he's annoyingly fast ;)) but seemed to have the same tire issues I had, so keeping him behind me the last lap wasn't to difficult. Kinda wish I would have won though, because next Sunday I won't be able to attend. But I'll be back to Deep Forrest, and now I have two weeks to practice. ;)

Sorry for sitting out from the race, but after I got DC, I have decided to leave the lobby. The good thing is that I'm free of dropping scores, at least. :D

Race Impressions - excellent driving by new racer Siggers with two firsts and a fourth, also great driving by tarnheld to score a third, a second and sadly a disconnection / retirement in race three.

I will try to get the room open early like I did today so that we can get started on time - unfortunately one person was late and with the distractions I was unable to repeat my good qualifying performance and set a time 1.2 seconds slower than I had managed in the aborted qualifying session. On the second qualifying lap I slipped wide at paddock hill bend and ruined the lap and five minutes proved to be insufficient to contain three laps. I adjusted the length to six minutes for the next session - the intention with the qualifying duration is to be able to complete 3 laps on short to medium length tracks, 2 laps on longer tracks and 1 lap or a long segment of track on longer tracks.

I thoroughly enjoyed the races, but found it quite hard to adjust from the oversteering Ford GT40 to the understeering / neutral Jaguar XJ13 so set a very poor time, but with a 25 minute race I knew that if I could maintain concentration and not make too many mistakes it would be possible to pick up places.

Apologies to anyone that I tapped especially SimbaLora who I inadvertently ran into the back of - fortunately it didn't knock him off. Some of the contact was inevitable - John Wells Lola T70 Aston Martin replica started to spin out and unfortunately I collected him. There was some contact which was beneficial to the spinning car - I struck Zmihalik as he lost control, but the contact straightened out his car and probably saved him time. I have massive respect for the guys who raced these cars on slippery crossply tyres and in the dark and wet in an era before track safety was a major concern. If I had been in a real race I would have been injured several times and caused a few million pounds worth of damage.

I watch a lot of classic motorsport videos on youtube and was amazed to see that on practise days for the Targa Florio the road remained open to normal traffic flowing in both directions - it was only closed during the race! Enjoy this brief clip of the legendary Jackie Ickx:

Race report and photos etc. to follow.

Had good luck in the GT40, the mechanics seem to have set it up nicely this time. :) And i could keep it together in the first two races, and profited from some rare slipups of the faster racers. The Sports Cup race was hampered by a spin early in the race, and some drivers were invisible for me, so to avoid unintended rampage i retired halfway through the race. Couldn't access the full potential of the XJ13, need to talk to the mechanics about this one. ;)

Great races, great battles, thanks to all fellow racers for the experience. :cheers:

I'm getting faster my friends :mischievous: never have I held the fastest lap between everyone. The first race I took a major L by messing up twice. Not a huge fan of Brands Hatch. 2nd race I bounced back by grabbing a podium. (I think) can't remember if I got 3rd or not the 2nd race.

The 3rd race I surprised myself! If I didn't have so many mistakes near the beginning, I maybe could've won that race. Then again, I don't know what would've happened had I have had the lead (I tend to choke under pressure) Anyway, great race by all of you!! And @Siggers great start! I was gonna say great debut but I remembered you raced at LA Sarthe but was caught up with something. Lol

a good race in gt40.

You were going well ahead of me in your GT40 Max - until you touched the grass and spun out. Damn grass, why is it always wet?

The clocks go back one hour this Saturday night in the UK. The race on Sunday will still be at 5pm but it will be GMT not BST.
I'm not sure how this will effect those of you joining from Europe and elsewhere. I'd just thought I'd mention it early to save any possible confusion on the day.

Sick - you will need to change the thread header and your signature.

Last edited:
Back