The final rounds of competition are now available in the GT Academy 2012 mini-game, including the all-important, final time trial challenge, which takes place at Polyphony Digital’s newly-remodeled Twin Ring Motegi circuit!
As most of you know, Twin Ring Motegi was not included in Gran Turismo 5, and has not been seen in a Gran Turismo title since Gran Turismo PSP was released in 2009. Hints at the presence of the track’s inclusion in the GT Academy 2012 mini-game popped up shortly after the competition went live last month and were closely followed by more high-resolution screenshots.
If you can’t get to your PlayStation, watch a full lap of the East Short Course below:
Here’s a closer look at the new time trial challenges, which are available to all players around the world:
Round 7 – Nissan GT-R Black edition Tuned Car (GT Academy) ’12
- Nürburgring ‘Adenau – Forest’
- Blind Combined Corners on the London City Course
- Continuous Blind Corners on the ‘Côte d’Azur’ Course
- Sarthe Circuit ‘Porsche Curve’
- Nürburgring; Wet Conditions
- Mid Speed Corner; Speed Control
- Blind Corners at Night
- Continuous Corners; Maintaining Stability
- Spa-Francorchamps ‘Eau Rouge’ – ‘Les Combes’
- Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course Time Trial
The fastest players in the final time trial challenge, Round 8-5, from each participating region, will be invited to their respective regional finals. Check your local gran-turismo.com website for the official rules and registration forms which apply to your country.
As previously announced, the in-game prizes acquired in the GT Academy 2012 mini-game will become available in Gran Turismo 5 on July 4th.
Be sure to stop by our GT Academy 2012 forum for more hints, tips, and discussions with your fellow competitors. Good luck to all GTPlanet members!