2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
To be honest, it's obvious he was chosen for money and with 2 cars smashed up in the last 2 weeks, you can see why. However, I'm still looking forward to it and hope he doesn't smash up any more cars.

I want to see if he'll do any ovals particularly.

To be honest, it's obvious he was chosen for money and with 2 cars smashed up in the last 2 weeks, you can see why. However, I'm still looking forward to it and hope he doesn't smash up any more cars.
You've seen him drive, it is a guarantee he will knock at least 2 wings off the car this weekend.;)

Oh wait, doubleheader weekend, they will be down to old Dallara spec wings by Sunday morning.:lol:

1st practice from the less bumpy Belle Isle.

DBUztwjVwAAOFZ4.jpg

To be honest I've actually been sort of impressed with ABC this year. Granted they still are pretty bad at covering Indycar but it seems like they've gone from quarter-assed to half-assed this year. :lol:

I'm still extremely happy their coverage is ending though since the local ABC station keeps playing an extremely annoying commercial every time there is a local break.

It's as we call a multi-driver form of racing, that means one driver opens what we call a door and gets out of the car and another driver wearing what we call a firesuit gets in their place.;)
"And instead of a normal race with laps, they use a timer like the one in your kitchen. The timer goes down like a microwave oven does, when it hits zero, the race is done."

Well, if you can't stomach ESPN/ABC coverage of IndyCar, just know that today is the final day of covering IndyCar for 2017. The coverage goes back into the hands of NBC after today's race at Detroit. All I saw from yesterday's race was the end of Detroit Race 1.

Good luck to all drivers and teams today in MoTown.

Find new roads indeed, but watch for oil slicks and pieces of turbo.

Get ready for GWC demo derby after the red flag.

Last edited:
Well, if you can't stomach ESPN/ABC coverage of IndyCar, just know that today is the final day of covering IndyCar for 2017. The coverage goes back into the hands of NBC after today's race at Detroit. All I saw from yesterday's race was the end of Detroit Race 1.

Good luck to all drivers and teams today in MoTown.
The only real upside of ESPN/ABC coverage lately was Allen Bestwick but he's gone now.

Actually, from what I've been reading about the terms of the ABC/ESPN contract with Indycar, we might get one more year of ABC-exclusive races but with an Indycar-staffed crew of commentators.

Actually, from what I've been reading about the terms of the ABC/ESPN contract with Indycar, we might get one more year of ABC-exclusive races but with an Indycar-staffed crew of commentators.
I hope to God this is true. The ABC bunch are absolute trash. Production is fine (aside from the American commercial problem), commentators are what need to be redone, and an Indycar staffed bunch would be brilliant.

I hope to God this is true. The ABC bunch are absolute trash. Production is fine (aside from the American commercial problem), commentators are what need to be redone, and an Indycar staffed bunch would be brilliant.
Bestwick would be much better without those two buffoons standing next to him.
IMG_8691.JPG

I'm guessing the green box tells Cheever where he's supposed to stand? :sly:

Last edited:
Back