2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
Esteban needs to run a test to be cleared to run on the ovals. Something that can't happen now. Esteban also wants to run on ovals, which surprises me. So we'll see. We may have a new driver in Gutierrez.

Like there was any doubt Dallara would be making the kits. :rolleyes: :P

That car is definitely beautiful. A slick and stunning looker for a premier series. I wonder what the next gen car will look like, and when we'll get it?

My question is, are the cars to go any quicker? Will new records be set? How? Whatever happened to the goal of Indianapolis Motor Speedway to set a new track record??

My question is, are the cars to go any quicker? Will new records be set? How? Whatever happened to the goal of Indianapolis Motor Speedway to set a new track record??
That goal got sidetracked when Wheldon and Wilson died.

The speedway bodykit looks fantastic, but I've said it before and it still worries me. What happens when the front tire of a car hits the rear tire of another car at 200+ Mph? :nervous: Don't want to see another Kenny Brack, or worse, a Dan Wheldon.

The speedway bodykit looks fantastic, but I've said it before and it still worries me. What happens when the front tire of a car hits the rear tire of another car at 200+ Mph? :nervous: Don't want to see another Kenny Brack, or worse, a Dan Wheldon.
Impossible with the wing and diffuser alignment. If you stare at it long enough you realize the bumpers are not needed. Besides, Dallara and Indycar do not want that to happen either.

Impossible with the wing and diffuser alignment. If you stare at it long enough you realize the bumpers are not needed. Besides, Dallara and Indycar do not want that to happen either.
However, it doesn't stop what happened to Scott Dixon at Indianapolis. That needs a bit of examination.

Eva
That goal got sidetracked when Wheldon and Wilson died.
I don't think Wilson's accident had an effect on speed desires, Wheldon's is a possibility for oval circuits. I think the primary reason for keeping the speeds down was all of the accidents before the 2015 Indy 500. They wanted to get close to the record that year in hopes of matching or breaking it for the 100th.

Practice 1 at Texas, rain delayed the entire days schedule so Indycar loses their live qualifying slot on NBCSN and it will be shown tomorrow at 7pm ET before the race. Qualifying starts at 4:15pm ET today but I dont know if they are streaming it on the Youtube channel or NBC extra or what/

DB5rz93VwAABBJ5.jpg

NBCSN now showing FP1 in the qualifying time slot so spoiler alert.:lol:

Last edited:
Here is part of the SST track. I've been hearing the practice runs have been hairy, so it should be fun to watch.

Also, I got a handshake from Robby. He says the trucks are so different from the cars, but sooo much more fun.

Attachments

• 1497126988665.jpg
    1497126988665.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 16
Ah, yes... Texans of GTPlanet (myself included as a Texas native), are you ready for the IndyCar Series to rock and roll around Texas Motor Speedway tonight? The IndyCar Series usually puts on a great show at Texas. Hopefully tonight's action will be no different for my northern Texas friends. I'll try to see as much of the race as I can.

Good luck to all drivers and teams.

Back