2018 Pirelli Grand Prix de FranceFormula 1 

Having just watched the first GP3 race, I don’t have high hopes for a good race on Sunday, assuming it doesn't rain...

I’m happy for the return of a French GP1, after all the French basically invented racing... but this track seems pretty awful in nearly every way.

• Messy poorly defined layout
  • Bad layout for racing
  • Mostly flat with little elevation change
  • Poor management (the insane traffic)
  • Zero penalty for running wide or making a mistake

Fingers crossed!

Good thing if it does rain with this circuit though is with how the corners are there will be a near unlimited set of lines to take into a corner which could create a surprise.

Good thing if it does rain with this circuit though is with how the corners are there will be a near unlimited set of lines to take into a corner which could create a surprise.
It rained a fair bit for most of practice 3, which could really shake up the midfield

McLaren and Williams two of the most historic British teams in Motorsport, what’s happened? :(

Does anyone know if Hartley is running an older version of the Honda engine compared to Gasly? I know Gasly had an updated engine in Canada, but did Brendon ever get that same upgrade?

Does anyone know if Hartley is running an older version of the Honda engine compared to Gasly? I know Gasly had an updated engine in Canada, but did Brendon ever get that same upgrade?
He’s running new parts (4th) so has McLaren Honda style penalties

McLaren and Williams two of the most historic British teams in Motorsport, what’s happened? :(

I think it’s morw down to poor management, given the FI runs on a much smaller budget

I watched the beginning of the 2005 French GP last night, made it to the first pit stops before I fell asleep (not a commentary on the race, just that I went to bed).

I’m too lazy to go back and get the exact quote, but Brundle had me rolling on the floor laughing. He spent the better part of 5 minutes explaining about turbulent air caused by the front wings, and that it was preventing the cars from following close enough to overtake. He then went on to say that he’s always been of the opinion that most of the downforce should come from under the car, but that recent trends seemed to be going the opposite way, with most of the downforce being generated by surfaces on top of the car - making following and overtaking nearly impossible.

I know we’ve been going on and on about overtaking in F1.....but 13 years of the exact same thing? As Martin was saying the words, I couldn’t believe how much of his speech could have been copied and pasted into a modern GP, or vice versa.

13 years...smh

Leclerc is doing all the right things and Kimi is doing all the wrong things.

Williams are in a rut where they need a pay driver’s money but their performance then doesn’t do the team favours.

Anyone else here who thinks that Stroll went from eager to learn to entitled little whinebag?
He seems to seesaw between the two... sometimes he seems humble and happy to be there, knowing the car is a bag of crap... but then sometimes he’s, as you say...

I guess it’s hard, growing up with such extreme wealth to not be/seem entitled

Think about it though. Someone is in charge of what radio messages we hear. Sure you can get intel from the interviews straight from the driver's mouth but the complaints we here on the radio are chosen to be heard on the broadcast. That's what bothers me. They create whatever storyline they want by choosing what we do or don't hear.

Think about it though. Someone is in charge of what radio messages we hear. Sure you can get intel from the interviews straight from the driver's mouth but the complaints we here on the radio are chosen to be heard on the broadcast. That's what bothers me. They create whatever storyline they want by choosing what we do or don't hear.

To be fair, they probably just pick the most interesting ones. There are going to be only two kinds of messages, ones that impact the race and those that show the emotion of the driver.
Think about when your on the road or on the track, when you want to say something about whats going on, its usually not going to be overly positive, even if it's going fairly well.

When my mouth opens on the road it's usually to sing song lyrics. :lol:

It would be nice to get the random chatter of a driver as he's making his laps. Just leave it open for a full lap and see what he says. Maybe he talks to himself as encouragement, y'know, thinking out loud or something like that.

McLaren lacks the power of dreams.
Specifically, performance wise, McLaren is said to lack grip in low speed corners. To compensate, they have tried adding downforce, but the added drag has slowed them down on the straights.

I predict Kimi gets the boot in the Summer break and Leclerc hits the jackpot, which leaves potential for Tatiana Calderon to take his seat.

Tatiana Calderon to take his seat.
C'mon, try harder. I know there is a connection, but nah.

Would be shocked if Ferrari actually did drop Kimi half way through the year though, but would like to see Charles there asap.

And even if, Antonio gets that seat. No question

Back