2018 Pirelli Grand Prix de FranceFormula 1 

She has nowhere near enough superlicense points to get a seat, and it would likely be Wehrlein or Giovinazzi that goes in the seat anyway. Or Kimi.

adb
C'mon, try harder. I know there is a connection, but nah.

Would be shocked if Ferrari actually did drop Kimi half way through the year though, but would like to see Charles there asap.

And even if, Antonio gets that seat. No question

If Kubica couldn’t get a drive, I can’t see Calderon getting one

I'll confess she doesn't have much in the way of credentials, but it wouldn't surprise me if Sauber decided to jump at the chance to be first team in 25+ years to run a woman, for half a season at least.

I'll confess she doesn't have much in the way of credentials, but it wouldn't surprise me if Sauber decided to jump at the chance to be first team in 25+ years to run a woman, for half a season at least.
In three seasons she’s had 4 top10 finishes.
She’s the closest woman to an F1 seat at the moment but, I can’t see it realistically happening. Sauber need someone who can bring them points.

There is a reason why it was taken off the calendar. Because it wasn't that good and the facilities weren't up to stratch. Not to mention low crowds.

Uh no, that's not why it was dropped. The organizers weren't willing to play what Bernie/FOM wanted. It was even on the calendar for the following season before it was dropped due to financial disagreement. Where you got your info I'd like to know.

Again I explain further the issue with this track to another user after your post which so seemed to have missed. And further explains the situation. Paul Ricard is a nice test track but that's about it.

Having just watched the first GP3 race, I don’t have high hopes for a good race on Sunday, assuming it doesn't rain...

I’m happy for the return of a French GP1, after all the French basically invented racing... but this track seems pretty awful in nearly every way.

• Messy poorly defined layout
  • Bad layout for racing
  • Mostly flat with little elevation change
  • Poor management (the insane traffic)
  • Zero penalty for running wide or making a mistake

Fingers crossed!

Did you watch the F2 Race 1 yet? 30 laps, Light rain from laps 5-10 and seemingly drying out. Multiple spins and missed braking points from everyone so positions changing constantly. Watching lap 11 now and maybe the track will dry out. There was a VSC for a lap so some pit for wets but now it's not raining so much. Interesting tire strategy this race.

Did you watch the F2 Race 1 yet? 30 laps, Light rain from laps 5-10 and seemingly drying out. Multiple spins and missed braking points from everyone so positions changing constantly. Watching lap 11 now and maybe the track will dry out. There was a VSC for a lap so some pit for wets but now it's not raining so much. Interesting tire strategy this race.
I think the F2 race was solid proof that turning sprinklers on for a 1/3 or 1/2 the circuit is actually a brialliant idea :D

Yeah it was good, but soon as the track dried the overtaking seemed to stop

And we learned that not all Dutch like a wet track. F2 with all the youngsters is more fun then the F1

That crash during F3 start....Hopefully this afternoon a smoother start. Enjoy the race!

Busy days with all the races going on. Now watching Blancpain, DTM Norisring, then over to F2 race after a short brake maybe some WTCR and finally back to Paul Ricard.
I don't have time to do some(virtual) racing myself :crazy:

Curious how they will do the camera work at Paul Ricard without me getting dizzy.

xlmhRJ6.gif

Last edited:
The chicane on the back straight seems to be too fast on entry... in F1 if it’s dry (very sunny for the F2 and GP3 races) I can’t see there being much action there

If the Formula 2 race is anything to go by, we should see some decent action today, but then again, it could also be absolute ass.

If the Formula 2 race is anything to go by, we should see some decent action today, but then again, it could also be absolute ass.
I’m not so sure.
The range of skill between the drivers is far greater than F1, all the cars are the same and they don’t produce anything like the same amount of dirty air, which isn’t as big an issue as it is for F1 cars because of how much simpler the front wings of F2 cars are.

Thing is it's just England vs Panama at 13:00 GMT. Then there is Japan vs Senegal at 16:00 GMT.

I could maybe understand if F1 was on either BBC or ITV commanding 4-5 million viewers but this race is Sky only live so it will get 500-700k viewers. C4 highlights are now on at a laughable 22:00-00:00. Why would you move a race time for Sky's tiny viewership? Of course world wide views of England might be fairly high but it's just a second game of a group against Panama, not a quarter final. I doubt the views are huge world wide for this England game or are worth moving an F1 race for.

Thing is it's just England vs Panama at 13:00 GMT. Then there is Japan vs Senegal at 16:00 GMT.

I could maybe understand if F1 was on either BBC or ITV commanding 4-5 million viewers but this race is Sky only live so it will get 500-700k viewers. C4 highlights are now on at a laughable 22:00-00:00. Why would you move a race time for Sky's tiny viewership? Of course world wide views of England might be fairly high but it's just a second game of a group against Panama, not a quarter final. I doubt the views are huge world wide for this England game or are worth moving an F1 race for.
Fun fact: Marvel Studios has decided to delay the release of Ant-Man and the Wasp in Europe until after the World Cup so its box office doesn't suffer. That means it releases four weeks later than in the US (July 6th vs August 3rd), so good luck avoiding spoilers.

Fun fact: Marvel Studios has decided to delay the release of Ant-Man and the Wasp in Europe until after the World Cup so its box office doesn't suffer. That means it releases four weeks later than in the US (July 6th vs August 3rd), so good luck avoiding spoilers.
That just looks like the excuse they used. Cars 3 was released a month later. Same with Incredibles 2 this year.

Did Vettel lose an endplate before that fracas? Seems like he tapped Bottas.

Back