Gran Turismo just teased Spa, Maybe?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by TS040_Sparky, Aug 23, 2019.

1. StealthVel

StealthVel

Already reported! Delete :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  2. watto79

watto79

If PD tweeted that video and then DIDN'T add Spa ....... that would be maximum trolling. It would make me laugh though!

I think the only question is when they will add it. PD are known for showing content at World Tour events and then waiting a bit to actually add the content to the game.

3. 05XR8

05XR8

Was it told in translation? Did PD misdirect so they themselves could reveal this news? Doesn't matter. For the first time ever, in the history of Gran Turismo Sport, Spa-Francorchamps, is coming to the game!:sly:

sirjim73 and StealthVel like this.
  4. Moglet

Moglet Premium

Go on PD, add a completely different track for a laugh. You know you want to.

VXR, GTFan24, Ddkklop and 3 others like this.
  5. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Rest in peace Spa meme so PD where is my 100 tracks that I wished for

Ddkklop likes this.
  6. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

Alright lads, time to find a new track that isn't in this game yet to complain about.

SestoScudo, ArR29, SiriusR and 7 others like this.
  7. bdj57

bdj57

I'm glad the track finally made it but it won't stop people for asking more. Myself were grateful the game still got support and that is enough to carry on though it could be better as I would expect but as long all the efforts are for the better it is fine I guess.

sirjim73 and StealthVel like this.
  8. Vspectra

Vspectra

Even better, make it an oval.

Moglet and danimac like this.
  9. GlamFM

GlamFM

Never confirmed by PD though - there lies the difference.

10. danimac

danimac

Oh yeah baby yeah!!!!
    I believed it was legit, sweet! It was the #FIAGTC that Made me believe it, plus the Facebook delete.
    SPA coming soon to Gran Turismo Sport. I’m looking for to driving an LMP1 or Open wheel car up Eau Rouge and feeling the car shake and vibrate as it goes up the hill! Then I’m gonna do it down hill.:D
    PS I was actually hoping for New York Track from GT4. But this surprise is something I’ve wanted for ages to, I think a lot of us have. :gtpflag::bowdown::cheers::cool:

11. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

12. Famine

Famine Administrator

We're a media outlet, and we haven't said anything that says Spa isn't coming. We said that what we were hearing on the ground was that it was a new-to-series real-world track, but obviously that this information could not be taken as confirmed. I've posted it twice in this thread already:
    The article is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-new-york-preview-new-partnership-new-content-new-drama/

As I pointed out, that doesn't mean that the information we had was necessarily wrong - but since we didn't report it as true it wouldn't matter either way - because "plans are subject to change and PD has been trying to get Spa (we know it's modelled) into GT Sport for a while. If there's been a breakthrough and Spa is now licensed to GT Sport, PD might decide to swap out what it had planned for what the community has been clamouring for non-stop for the last four centuries"

It appears someone on the GT Facebook team set the video live last night and shouldn't have done, so deleted it. They deleted it too late, because people had already seen it. The video has now gone back up on Facebook, and Twitter, and Instagram.

There's literally no conflict here, so there's no need to choose who you want to believe.

Why?

xxy98cn, Dezcom, ProjectF and 6 others like this.
  13. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

let not all count the chicken be for they hatch,

ps: if it is spa, rain and s2000 i need new pants

14. danimac

danimac

Spa Confirmed!
    We can finally say that with confirmation! :)

15. Unknown GT

Unknown GT

The confirmed addition of the SPA-Naoiri Circuit is OFFICIAL! Motorcycle circuit located in Japan. :lol:

16. mcfizzle

mcfizzle

So wait, it's not really confirmed yet? Seems a little early to post this, especially when we should find out in the next day or two and Jordan claims the track coming is new to the series.

Having said that, I hope it's coming. I need to drive Eau Rogue/Raidillon in VR! Please be true that is coming.

Ddkklop and danimac like this.
  17. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

I picked a good weekend to move to the Netherlands where I'm not sure if I'll have a tv or my ps4 will work.

Super timing.

18. danimac

danimac

Go to official Twitter of Gran Turismo to see the video. It is the one that was deleted from Facebook on purpose to get us all talking. Least I believe, it maybe coming in this upcoming update or, in the future. Either way it’s definitely gonna come one day soon.

19. GlamFM

GlamFM

Didn´t mean to be dismissive or condescending. Just pointing out that once official info hits all rumors are "overruled".

20. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

So is this the Spec 2 update? Substantial changes to the game usually mean it's a spec up.

21. ARTAsean

ARTAsean (Banned)

22. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

Despite what we were shown today I'm still a bit skeptical about the inclusion of Spa. Nothing we were shown today has said that we were 100% getting Spa. For all we know, some of those images could have been doctored.

Unless... you guys know something we don't...DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!

23. Famine

Famine Administrator

Official info hadn't hit two days ago when that article went onto the site - and we reported the rumours as just that, not facts. And, as I said, "plans are subject to change and PD has been trying to get Spa (we know it's modelled) into GT Sport for a while. If there's been a breakthrough and Spa is now licensed to GT Sport, PD might decide to swap out what it had planned for what the community has been clamouring for non-stop for the last four centuries."

This could literally be something that's happened in the last two days, between @Jordan landing in New York and now. The track has been modelled and ready for GT Sport when it came out - it was licensing that held it all up. With that resolved, it could simply be a matter of "Well, let's put Spa in this time and leave the track we'd planned until next time".

We don't know if it's in the next update though. If it is, chances are it's a slightly older decision as the update would need to be certified by Sony before release and that's a two-week process from what I recall.

You don't need to choose who to believe. We've not reported anything that's wrong or contradictory to today's new information.

Guffaluff and GlamFM like this.
  24. sinner

sinner

25. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

Looks like Interlagos to me.

stpatty and fastone371 like this.
  26. Famine

Famine Administrator

The Gran Turismo Twitter, Facebook and Instagram feeds posted doctored images about Spa in GT Sport... because why?
    Well, @Jordan's been there 24hr already...

27. StealthVel

StealthVel

Foreground, not background.

Rain isn't big enough to warrant Spec 2.0. Sure, it's a whole new weather condition, but think of GT5 Spec 2.0.

Animedeaf, Ddkklop and sinner like this.
  28. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

Welp, you got me there. I still have my doubts but I guess we'll see.

I don't get it. Or are we talking about Yamauchi(?) busting a move?
    Edit: Oops double post

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2019
  29. StealthVel

StealthVel

Yes, that's the OP's reaction to the news. :)

CVPI93 likes this.
  30. iName

iName

Cmon bring back 2016, where’s them it’s happening gifs?

sirjim73 likes this.