• Thread starter MXR_Sparky
  • 361 comments
Already reported! Delete :)

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-23_15-0-36.png
    upload_2019-8-23_15-0-36.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Was it told in translation? Did PD misdirect so they themselves could reveal this news? Doesn't matter. For the first time ever, in the history of Gran Turismo Sport, Spa-Francorchamps, is coming to the game!:sly:

I'm glad the track finally made it but it won't stop people for asking more. Myself were grateful the game still got support and that is enough to carry on though it could be better as I would expect but as long all the efforts are for the better it is fine I guess.

Oh yeah baby yeah!!!!
I believed it was legit, sweet! It was the #FIAGTC that Made me believe it, plus the Facebook delete.
SPA coming soon to Gran Turismo Sport. I’m looking for to driving an LMP1 or Open wheel car up Eau Rouge and feeling the car shake and vibrate as it goes up the hill! Then I’m gonna do it down hill.:D
PS I was actually hoping for New York Track from GT4. But this surprise is something I’ve wanted for ages to, I think a lot of us have. :gtpflag::bowdown::cheers::cool:

So that´s what the Admins of this FANSITE have/had to say a while ago.

On the other hand the Official GT account is straight up name dropping SPA on FaceBook, twitter and Insta,

Who are you gonna believe?

Choose wisely.
We're a media outlet, and we haven't said anything that says Spa isn't coming. We said that what we were hearing on the ground was that it was a new-to-series real-world track, but obviously that this information could not be taken as confirmed. I've posted it twice in this thread already:
New York event preview article
Nothing is solid enough to report on yet, but if what we are hearing is true another real-world circuit — which has never before appeared in a Gran Turismo game — is coming to GT Sport
The article is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-new-york-preview-new-partnership-new-content-new-drama/

As I pointed out, that doesn't mean that the information we had was necessarily wrong - but since we didn't report it as true it wouldn't matter either way - because "plans are subject to change and PD has been trying to get Spa (we know it's modelled) into GT Sport for a while. If there's been a breakthrough and Spa is now licensed to GT Sport, PD might decide to swap out what it had planned for what the community has been clamouring for non-stop for the last four centuries"

It appears someone on the GT Facebook team set the video live last night and shouldn't have done, so deleted it. They deleted it too late, because people had already seen it. The video has now gone back up on Facebook, and Twitter, and Instagram.

There's literally no conflict here, so there's no need to choose who you want to believe.

Eeek, I think the gun may have been jumped on this one. :scared:
Why?

Last edited:
So wait, it's not really confirmed yet? Seems a little early to post this, especially when we should find out in the next day or two and Jordan claims the track coming is new to the series.

Having said that, I hope it's coming. I need to drive Eau Rogue/Raidillon in VR! Please be true that is coming.

Go to official Twitter of Gran Turismo to see the video. It is the one that was deleted from Facebook on purpose to get us all talking. Least I believe, it maybe coming in this upcoming update or, in the future. Either way it’s definitely gonna come one day soon.

We're a media outlet, and we haven't said anything that says Spa isn't coming. We said that what we were hearing on the ground was that it was a new-to-series real-world track, but obviously that this information could not be taken as confirmed. I've posted it twice in this thread already:

The article is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-new-york-preview-new-partnership-new-content-new-drama/

As I pointed out, that doesn't mean that the information we had was necessarily wrong - but since we didn't report it as true it wouldn't matter either way - because "plans are subject to change and PD has been trying to get Spa (we know it's modelled) into GT Sport for a while. If there's been a breakthrough and Spa is now licensed to GT Sport, PD might decide to swap out what it had planned for what the community has been clamouring for non-stop for the last four centuries"

It appears someone on the GT Facebook team set the video live last night and shouldn't have done, so deleted it. They deleted it too late, because people had already seen it. The video has now gone back up on Facebook, and Twitter, and Instagram.

There's literally no conflict here, so there's no need to choose who you want to believe.

Didn´t mean to be dismissive or condescending. Just pointing out that once official info hits all rumors are "overruled".

Despite what we were shown today I'm still a bit skeptical about the inclusion of Spa. Nothing we were shown today has said that we were 100% getting Spa. For all we know, some of those images could have been doctored.

Unless... you guys know something we don't...DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!

Didn´t mean to be dismissive or condescending. Just pointing out that once official info hits all rumors are "overruled".
Official info hadn't hit two days ago when that article went onto the site - and we reported the rumours as just that, not facts. And, as I said, "plans are subject to change and PD has been trying to get Spa (we know it's modelled) into GT Sport for a while. If there's been a breakthrough and Spa is now licensed to GT Sport, PD might decide to swap out what it had planned for what the community has been clamouring for non-stop for the last four centuries."

This could literally be something that's happened in the last two days, between @Jordan landing in New York and now. The track has been modelled and ready for GT Sport when it came out - it was licensing that held it all up. With that resolved, it could simply be a matter of "Well, let's put Spa in this time and leave the track we'd planned until next time".

We don't know if it's in the next update though. If it is, chances are it's a slightly older decision as the update would need to be certified by Sony before release and that's a two-week process from what I recall.

You don't need to choose who to believe. We've not reported anything that's wrong or contradictory to today's new information.

For all we know, some of those images could have been doctored.
The Gran Turismo Twitter, Facebook and Instagram feeds posted doctored images about Spa in GT Sport... because why?
Unless... you guys know something we don't...DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!
Well, @Jordan's been there 24hr already...

The Gran Turismo Twitter, Facebook and Instagram feeds posted doctored images about Spa in GT Sport... because why?

Well, @Jordan's been there 24hr already...
Welp, you got me there. I still have my doubts but I guess we'll see.

Foreground, not background.
I don't get it. Or are we talking about Yamauchi(?) busting a move?
Edit: Oops double post

Last edited by a moderator:
Back