GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 514 comments
[Quoted from other thread]
Not bad but I was expecting a little more to be honest but at least Kaz is telling us what to expect in the future so we don’t get our hopes up for nothing.

Looking forward for the Fiat 500. I’ve been waiting for it since the Abarth 500 dropped

So....

Aston DBR9
Fiat 500 of sorts
Last one I'm not sure. The spoiler is fairly tall. Edit: 180SX

Last edited:
Alright new silhouettes and I guess that explains why it has taken over 2 months for a release. They're clearly focused on the next GT, I knew it would be a matter of time. Oh well.

Anyway, I will do my own guesses.

1. It's most likely the Fiat 500 Lounge SS that was in GT5 & 6.
2. That has to be the 1996 Nissan 180SX Type X, looking forward to that the most tbh.
3. Of course, the Aston Martin DBR9 that was already shown.

To be fair though, the updates where it had four cars, a track (whether it would be a wet variant or a new track) or no track and such, those what I consider as a modest update.

Anyway now that's out of the way in terms of when the update is coming, I'm excited to see those cars coming.

Nice to see the 180SX getting the premium treatment and that car on the top looks more like a Abarth 595 to me.
27290272968_5141708fb4_b.jpg

Well, the promise of over 500 cars at the end of GT Sport's lifetime is now in doubt.

Still looking forward to the DBR9 and the Nissan 180SX though.
Ironically, once this update drops, Gran Turismo Sport will have 334 cars in total with 165 added post launch. Which means 166 more cars are needed to reach 500.

But Kaz said “4 to 500” cars. So the goal is probably 400. If that’s the case, 66 cars are left to reach GT Sports total car count goal.

Start saving your pennies for a PS5 and fancy tv. That's what I've been doing. :)

So, if updates are less, I guess every other month and maybe 3-4 cars, we won't see 500. Still might not see any new GT Awards cars. Maybe just the one new GT.3 car(Mazda), the Porsches and the "Lambo Lambo Lambo & Omega Mooooo".

Oof getting ready for a lean year.

If they can get a track out and some events it'll be ok. But damn, 3 cars is going to be rough.

Well, the promise of over 500 cars at the end of GT Sport's lifetime is now in doubt.

Ironically, once this update drops, Gran Turismo Sport will have 334 cars in total with 165 added post launch. Which means 166 more cars are needed to reach 500.

I have 680 cars. Oh wait, you mean 500 different cars. :D Maybe this is just a tease and we will get something else, like an improved penalty system. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

He says frequency as well as volume and January was skipped so...every other month from now on? I have a feeling many people's interest in the game is going to drop quite a bit.

DBR9 and 180SX are cool, Fiat is meh because we already have the more interesting Abarth. Perhaps they don't have a track or rain variant ready because they haven't done a FIA event track tease like they usually do recently.

Update coming next week. This year's updates are modest in frequency and volume.

• modest in frequency => new (wow !)
  • volume => new
  • confirme DBR9 and 2 car

I could do with the handful of cars we know about and not much else, if they could get the pen system a little bit better. Hopefully some tire model fruit for the Michelin partnership and a better more balanced BOP.
This game would be perfect enough!

Just penalise any and all rear ender's, barges and punts no matter what already... And base the penalty duration on impact force. Done.

Back