Future Of Gran Turismo (Discussion)

United States
USA
Talk about what you think will happen to the Gran Turismo Series as a whole when GT7 hits the market.

I'll think it will sell better than drive club, under certain circumstances.

If PD keeps going with what they've been doing for the past 2 titles, then GT's future is looking bleak. PD needs to scrap their stupid "shokunin" philosophy and take the approach the SMS are doing with pCARS, and build a truly next-gen console racing sim by the community, for the community.

They can look back at GT1, GT2, and GT3.

I loved GT4, but really that was the beginning of the downfall cause certain ideals implemented in that specific one have carried over, and are things we complain and moan about. Such as Rolling Starts and the B-spec or at least how they did it in GT5.

Right now the future is mucky. For starters GT needs qualifying and a racing atmosphere. Just like the rest here no matter what I just hope it's better than GT5 or GT6 for chirst sake don't worry about Driveclub, Pcars, or whatever other racing game they need to focus on themselves right now.

Having the largest Car count only gets you somewhere for a short amount of time.

I have a few bullet points that I think PD should focus great effort on:
  • Artificial Intelligence must improve greatly.
  • The design of the career mode must be overhauled and expanded to match or succeed Gran Turismo 4. The return of dedicated full length endurance racing and the option of utilizing B-spec within the races.
  • The way races are carried out must be overhauled as well. A flag system, a penalty system and a qualification system should go hand in hand with a greatly improved A.I algorythm that puts up a fight. Longer races would also be welcome.
  • The game's sound design, which is supposedly being worked on already should also improve greatly, allowing for much improvement in immersion.
  • The Car list should take a hit in numbers, there are far too many cars that are too similar to each other and they're pretty much pointless.
  • Consistent quality with assets all around would help the game's reputation greatly.
  • Automotive photography must also expand beyond GT5 and GT6's offering.
  • All tracks must have an upgrade in graphical fidelity.
  • PD should expand upon the environmental simulation, Nighttime, daytime, snow, rain, hailstorms, whatever mother nature wants to hurt us with. They should also make it available for all tracks.
  • A damage engine better than GT5's, and for all cars. Parts deforming and falling off. Mechanical failures, blowouts, etc.

I have a few bullet points that I think PD should focus great effort on:
  • Artificial Intelligence must improve greatly.
  • The design of the career mode must be overhauled and expanded to match or succeed Gran Turismo 4. The return of dedicated full length endurance racing and the option of utilizing B-spec within the races.
  • The way races are carried out must be overhauled as well. A flag system, a penalty system and a qualification system should go hand in hand with a greatly improved A.I algorythm that puts up a fight. Longer races would also be welcome.
  • The game's sound design, which is supposedly being worked on already should also improve greatly, allowing for much improvement in immersion.
  • The Car list should take a hit in numbers, there are far too many cars that are too similar to each other and they're pretty much pointless.
  • Consistent quality with assets all around would help the game's reputation greatly.
  • Automotive photography must also expand beyond GT5 and GT6's offering.
  • All tracks must have an upgrade in graphical fidelity.
  • PD should expand upon the environmental simulation, Nighttime, daytime, snow, rain, hailstorms, whatever mother nature wants to hurt us with. They should also make it available for all tracks.
  • A damage engine better than GT5's, and for all cars. Parts deforming and falling off. Mechanical failures, blowouts, etc.

Had they done these in bold I would have gladly kept GT6, but these are the most important to me. Not that the others aren't good suggestions, but they can be dealt with later.

2 things can happen

1. They deliver a great, new and fresh experience
2. They deliver another "traditional GT" game

If it is the second one, it will be the end of the series.

GT7 will be the final installement. PD will not improve enough to keep the series' head above water. They have already tarnished GT7 with PS2 cars.

They are also way too far behind the rest of the industry to be any kind of a threat. Mark my words.

GT will die with the PS4.

Yeah right, I can already see the headline!

"Polyphony Digital saws off the only game they make!"
Yamauchi - san says: "Well, it didn't seemed right to continue our and one of the most successful series in gaming history."
It will read more like.

Polyphony Digital lays of staff due to poor sales from GT8.

It will read more like.

Not likely. If they get to the point where they have to lay off 50k/year staff to save a $billion franchise with only 130 employees, stick a fork in them, they're done.

It will read more like.

Again, how do you come to that conclusion? lol
GT7 isn't even out, there are almost no information out there about GT7 and you're going to tell me, that you can (based on GT6) can predict the future of this gaming series? Well, excuse me sir, but it seems like you can predict the future. Could you please tell how I am going to die? Could you please tell me how many members GTP will have when GT7 launches? Apparently on the information given on the forum, you could predict that as well?

Again, I'm going to repeat what I said and that that is just bull.

Kp2emt1.gif

GT7 will be the final installement. PD will not improve enough to keep the series' head above water. They have already tarnished GT7 with PS2 cars.

They are also way too far behind the rest of the industry to be any kind of a threat. Mark my words.

GT will die with the PS4.

The sad truth I believe. :indiff:

I really hope that they will keep the trend going with newer and better items.

Again, how do you come to that conclusion? lol
GT7 isn't even out, there are almost no information out there about GT7 and you're going to tell me, that you can (based on GT6) can predict the future of this gaming series? Well, excuse me sir, but it seems like you can predict the future. Could you please tell how I am going to die? Could you please tell me how many members GTP will have when GT7 launches? Apparently on the information given on the forum, you could predict that as well?

Again, I'm going to repeat what I said and that that is just bull.

Kp2emt1.gif
Haha. Did I hit a nerve mate? Just look that the significant improvements that have been made from GT 3 through to GT6. Aside from online (which is laughable) there are none that warrant 10 years of work.

Haha. Did I hit a nerve mate? Just look that the significant improvements that have been made from GT 3 through to GT6. Aside from online (which is laughable) there are none that warrant 10 years of work.

You didn't really hit a nerve, mate. What I'm simply saying is, that I find it incredible that people can call a gaming series that has made billions of $ over almost two decades, simply because they've made some mediocre titles. In my opinion GT6 is a GT5 2.0, the way GT5 should've been, not to mention that the title is still on the old platform. GT7 will be on the PS4, which will open up whole new opportunities in terms of realism and graphics etc.
Furthermore, I'm not even disagreeing with you on the point that GT5 (not so much), but GT6 have been a disappointment, especially after GT4, which was truly brilliant.

Back