Future Of Gran Turismo (Discussion)

So excited to hear they are hiring more staff. A decision they should have made about 10 years ago.

They have been increasing their staff since 10 yeara ago though it wasn't really something like now where they had to increase ten-fold due to the demands of GT7.

I think it should take effect in GT7 though.

They have been increasing their staff since 10 yeara ago though it wasn't really something like now where they had to increase ten-fold due to the demands of GT7.

I think it should take effect in GT7 though.
Got a source for that?

I'm just going to spit it out.

GT7 will either actually have improvements to aspects of the series that really needed improving done or it'll simply be what brings GT to its grave. I'm kinda leaning torwards my second prediction right now as it seems that a lot of complaints of the GT series still haven't been addressed.

I'm just going to spit it out.

GT7 will either actually have improvements to aspects of the series that really needed improving done or it'll simply be what brings GT to its grave. I'm kinda leaning torwards my second prediction right now as it seems that a lot of complaints of the GT series still haven't been addressed.
Thing is though, who is concerned about this stuff outside of us hardcore fans? Does the average GT player even care about most of the stuff we talk about on GTP? I think if you blow them away graphicswise on the PS4, put the shiny FIA logo on the box, add Isle of Man and Pikes Peak that'll be enough for 90% of the fans, anything else is gravy. If FIA turns out just to be a badge and a TT, Pike's Peak turns out to not be usable online like Goodwood, most people won't find that out until they've bought the game and frankly probably won't care anyway.

Thing is though, who is concerned about this stuff outside of us hardcore fans? Does the average GT player even care about most of the stuff we talk about on GTP? I think if you blow them away graphicswise on the PS4, put the shiny FIA logo on the box, add Isle of Man and Pikes Peak that'll be enough for 90% of the fans, anything else is gravy. If FIA turns out just to be a badge and a TT, Pike's Peak turns out to not be usable online like Goodwood, most people won't find that out until they've bought the game and frankly probably won't care anyway.
Oh...right. I forgot about the people that actually don't care about the issues the hardcore type fans talk about. Sorry about that. Then, I honestly have no idea what GT7 will do other than drive away more hardcore fans if the main issues of the series aren't tended to.

I was thinking about that, it depends on how much of the sales are represented with casual gamers that fall for the sales hype and get GT because of it's reputation. You would think that's like 70% of the people buying GT and we fall into the hardcore 30% or so.

Then again, if this still is the case GT6 should have sold way more then it did so far, so maybe average joe isn't blind and deaf after all.

Then again, if this still is the case GT6 should have sold way more then it did so far, so maybe average joe isn't blind and deaf after all.
That's also true, so maybe there's some truth in my original statement afterall. Though, I still think there could be a chance that PD will change their ideas about the series; it'll unfortunately take even more time before the company comes to their senses I think.

Which area's are those?
I'm guessing physics. This is a driving sim, so IMO that's the one area that matters most.

I have a theory for standard cars, since we're on the topic: PD is keeping them so one day (maybe by GT8) they can upgrade them and have pretty much the best car roster ever created. Notice how no new standard cars have been added to the game, and in fact the number of standards has been cut drastically since GT5, with quite a few standards being upgraded to premium. It's clear that now each game is a means to an artistic end, that end being the eventual premiumization of all cars.

I probably sound really stupid right now, but we'll see.

rose-colored-glasses1.jpg

Back