GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Stephan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Nowax

Nowax

I remember it being from 400 to 500 cars.

Animedeaf and C5-R_Racer_84 like this.
  2. dimassa19

dimassa19

[​IMG]

Reduced chances for my favorite...
    But I still have hope... :rolleyes::tup:

3. 05XR8

05XR8

Even more reduced chances for my favorite...I'm pulling the plug...
    images.jpeg

4. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin (Banned)

So why should we care about the 180SX?

theschledy and Lebowski like this.
  5. PozzaP87

PozzaP87

Seriously people are that annoyed about this? As far as I can tell, this is the best post launch supported game on PS4.

Sure, PD / kaz said it 'could' feature up to 400-500 cars, but you are forgetting the key word here... COULD.

Things change, priorities change. Who knows what Sony/PD have agreed in regards to next gen.

This generation of gamers are so self entitled these days. Thinking they should get unlimited content for free.

At the end of the day, there are actual people that deliver this content, think of their welfare.

And if you think you can do better, there is nothing stopping you from starting you're own game development company and giving every self-entitled fan what they want

6. 05XR8

05XR8

I guess it's an alternative in N200 and can be tuned to N300, but it looks like it'll miss the N300 Nations race tomorrow.

7. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Its new to the game and even franchise.

Surprised you didn't mention the other two which is more divisive for obvious reasons.

Anyway, not that disappointed. PD stated that they toned down the update for this year (likely to focus on the next GT5), but not completely stopped. Despite being mised the car target likely by 100ish cars, its still the best supported racing game and I'm okay with it.

8. Volksauto

Volksauto

The 180sx has been been in every main Gran Turismo game.

9. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

.... Not in premium form......

10. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

New consoles come out all the time, along with games for them including Gran Turismo. And there are other games than GT. This is the equivalent to throwing a tantrum.

11. Bruno Doret

Bruno Doret

Next week:

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    gt-sport-aston-martin-dbr9-gt1-e1581925374924.png
    Nissan 180 SX Type X '96.
    . autowp.ru_nissan_180sx_type_x_3.jpg
    Fiat 500 1,2 V Lounge SS'08 ?????????????????????????????? car_131_46737_555f399abdc76.jpg

12. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

I am totally fine with this. The updates have been gradually shrinking anyway so this is not a shock, we know they are making another GT game and I can't wait to see what will be in it. Theres a world tour for the 3rd year in a row, as well as a full season of FIA races ahead for us, plus updates for this will continue and may even carry on when the new GT drops for all we know. It's not time to start complaining about car count until the final update has been rolled out and for me this game is anything but dead. Slowing down gracefully in old age, which is fine.

13. Nielsen

Nielsen

Why shouldn't we? It's a game about cars, after all.

14. Oberdan

Oberdan

About Fiat 500 silhouette, the shape it's different on Fiat 500 normal.
    Can to be the 695 Biposto!

15. wagnerFAM98

wagnerFAM98

Well, technically is the car I'm the most excited for. Literally any 90's Japanese car is interesting for me, they are the essence of the GT series. I count the days just to see more of its kind on GT Sport: Prelude, Celica, Civic EG, Evo VI, Silvia S15, Autozam AZ-1, Cappuccino and many others. So basically I care - a lot - about the 180SX.

16. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

For me, so I can pin it against the other compact sport coupes and sport cars in GTS right now.
    Also, don't say "we" like you speak for everyone when that's not true.

17. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin (Banned)

Would you feel better if I phrased it as:

Why is the 180SX important?

I said "we" to represent the entire GT community. You're spinning my words to make it seem like I'm saying everyone doesn't care about this car and someone should give a reason to. I'm just curious why this car matters to people.

18. Nielsen

Nielsen

He asked a question. He didn't say we don't care about it.

Because it's a staple from Gran Turismo's early days.

AgentBlackDog and Cerebral303 like this.
  19. z71L28

z71L28

Lol! it's nice to dream.:lol:

Animedeaf likes this.
  20. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin (Banned)

Someone said it was new to the series. Is it just this particular model or is one of you wrong? :lol:

21. Nielsen

Nielsen

I remember driving an 180 SX in Gran Turismo some 20 years ago. It would be a new "premium" model with interior though.

22. MasterGT

MasterGT

My biggest beef with content is the dearth of small race cars, a missed opportunity. The imbalance is obvious. I have little hope, now, that that will change much before GT Sport is frozen.

Clean Racer and C5-R_Racer_84 like this.
  23. z71L28

z71L28

I guess I'll be on classic GT titles for the rest of my days. Never really liked GT sport and I won't be purchasing a PS5 for GT7.

George Jakob likes this.
  24. Arado_Blitz

Arado_Blitz

I expected a good online experience with clean fair racing, right now sport mode is consisted of suicidals that use your rear bumper instead of their brakes. But the amount of people that defend the game like its the best racer ever is amusing. Singleplayer was the most lame experience of any GT title, but since the game was mostly oriented towards online racing, it's OK. Online racing though is once again lame, you can have a fair clean race only when you are playing with the stars or at tournaments. Let's not even mention how pathetic the penalty system is, but it's OK, let's pretend everything is fine and the game is flawless because the fanboys can't accept that GTS was an experiment and nothing else. Also about the "unfinished" part, remind me how many cars did Kaz promise the game would have in the end? Close to 500? Well, where are they? Right now the number is slightly above 300. Sorry, but Kaz lately is just promises, promises, promises and nothing else. 500 cars for GTS, 4K 240fps, you get the idea. GTS compared to GT4 is just meh. It isn't a bad game, but it falls short compared to the PS2 GT golden era.

Cherryturbo and Clean Racer like this.
  25. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

The GT Community is who I'm referring to when I say "everyone", so yes you are. And when you ask a question like that it, I can't help, but think you don't care. and saying that noone cares.

When anyone asks "why should I care about x", that basically says to me that they don't care.

26. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin (Banned)

Wrong. It means I'm indifferent and could go to either side.

27. TJC_69

TJC_69

Gimped how? Kaz himself said the graphics upgrades are becoming smaller every gen. GT doesn't have the most advanced physics in the world also. So how would it be gimped exactly? The PS5 is going to take time to push the envelope on what it can achieve. And PS3 and PS4 games launched simultaneously on BOTH platforms when the PS4 came out. So it's not that much of a stretch. Not at all.

28. Greatbee

Greatbee

You are GOD! Thank You!

JEverettL likes this.
  29. V1LR-GUE10

V1LR-GUE10 Premium

Exactly

George Jakob likes this.
  30. eran0004

eran0004

At this rate 350 can be expected by the end of the year.

We’ll be lucky to hit 400.

C5-R_Racer_84 likes this.