GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 514 comments
version-2020-370z-coupe-sport-pearl-white.png.ximg.l_12_h.smart.png

Reduced chances for my favorite...
But I still have hope... :rolleyes:👍

Seriously people are that annoyed about this? As far as I can tell, this is the best post launch supported game on PS4.

Sure, PD / kaz said it 'could' feature up to 400-500 cars, but you are forgetting the key word here... COULD.

Things change, priorities change. Who knows what Sony/PD have agreed in regards to next gen.

This generation of gamers are so self entitled these days. Thinking they should get unlimited content for free.

At the end of the day, there are actual people that deliver this content, think of their welfare.

And if you think you can do better, there is nothing stopping you from starting you're own game development company and giving every self-entitled fan what they want

So why should we care about the 180SX?
Its new to the game and even franchise.

Surprised you didn't mention the other two which is more divisive for obvious reasons.

Anyway, not that disappointed. PD stated that they toned down the update for this year (likely to focus on the next GT5), but not completely stopped. Despite being mised the car target likely by 100ish cars, its still the best supported racing game and I'm okay with it.

I am totally fine with this. The updates have been gradually shrinking anyway so this is not a shock, we know they are making another GT game and I can't wait to see what will be in it. Theres a world tour for the 3rd year in a row, as well as a full season of FIA races ahead for us, plus updates for this will continue and may even carry on when the new GT drops for all we know. It's not time to start complaining about car count until the final update has been rolled out and for me this game is anything but dead. Slowing down gracefully in old age, which is fine.

So why should we care about the 180SX?

Well, technically is the car I'm the most excited for. Literally any 90's Japanese car is interesting for me, they are the essence of the GT series. I count the days just to see more of its kind on GT Sport: Prelude, Celica, Civic EG, Evo VI, Silvia S15, Autozam AZ-1, Cappuccino and many others. So basically I care - a lot - about the 180SX.

For me, so I can pin it against the other compact sport coupes and sport cars in GTS right now.
Also, don't say "we" like you speak for everyone when that's not true.
Would you feel better if I phrased it as:

Why is the 180SX important?

I said "we" to represent the entire GT community. You're spinning my words to make it seem like I'm saying everyone doesn't care about this car and someone should give a reason to. I'm just curious why this car matters to people.

It surely is disapointing but i understand we they did it also the fact that we already knew the DBR9 was coming and that the second car is the Fiat 500 (I like it but its not the most exciting thing lets be honest) makes this update even more disapointing. Oh well whats done its done.
That Fiat 500 is not the same as the one we already have.

I simply think they are moving on and they have to keep something to show for the next game.

Who buy's a console for one game?

Uhh 🤬 here we go again with that "Unfinished" 🤬 can you clarify what "unfinished" means ? Because PD was clear about what and how large GTS was going to be from day 1 . If you expected something else that on you.
I expected a good online experience with clean fair racing, right now sport mode is consisted of suicidals that use your rear bumper instead of their brakes. But the amount of people that defend the game like its the best racer ever is amusing. Singleplayer was the most lame experience of any GT title, but since the game was mostly oriented towards online racing, it's OK. Online racing though is once again lame, you can have a fair clean race only when you are playing with the stars or at tournaments. Let's not even mention how pathetic the penalty system is, but it's OK, let's pretend everything is fine and the game is flawless because the fanboys can't accept that GTS was an experiment and nothing else. Also about the "unfinished" part, remind me how many cars did Kaz promise the game would have in the end? Close to 500? Well, where are they? Right now the number is slightly above 300. Sorry, but Kaz lately is just promises, promises, promises and nothing else. 500 cars for GTS, 4K 240fps, you get the idea. GTS compared to GT4 is just meh. It isn't a bad game, but it falls short compared to the PS2 GT golden era.

I said "we" to represent the entire GT community. You're spinning my words to make it seem like I'm saying everyone doesn't care about this car and someone should give a reason to. I'm just curious why this car matters to people.
The GT Community is who I'm referring to when I say "everyone", so yes you are. And when you ask a question like that it, I can't help, but think you don't care. and saying that noone cares.

He asked a question. He didn't say we don't care about it.
When anyone asks "why should I care about x", that basically says to me that they don't care.

The next GT gimped so it works on a 7 year old PS4? No thanks, that would be awful.
Gimped how? Kaz himself said the graphics upgrades are becoming smaller every gen. GT doesn't have the most advanced physics in the world also. So how would it be gimped exactly? The PS5 is going to take time to push the envelope on what it can achieve. And PS3 and PS4 games launched simultaneously on BOTH platforms when the PS4 came out. So it's not that much of a stretch. Not at all.

Seriously people are that annoyed about this? As far as I can tell, this is the best post launch supported game on PS4.

Sure, PD / kaz said it 'could' feature up to 400-500 cars, but you are forgetting the key word here... COULD.

Things change, priorities change. Who knows what Sony/PD have agreed in regards to next gen.

This generation of gamers are so self entitled these days. Thinking they should get unlimited content for free.

At the end of the day, there are actual people that deliver this content, think of their welfare.

And if you think you can do better, there is nothing stopping you from starting you're own game development company and giving every self-entitled fan what they want
You are GOD! Thank You!

Back