GT7 Update Coming August 25

• Thread starter Kevster823
  • 1,162 comments
I had two 6 star roulette tickets and when I claimed them I won 1,000,000cr and then a Aston Martin One 77. I didn’t even know that car was in the game. Have they fixed the roulette scam?

Last edited:
I realize the no chicane version is based on the modern F1/Motorcycle versions, but I wish by adding little variety, they had made use of the chicane at turn 10 like in there original layout had, since it already modeled.

Catalunya1994.jpg

This might be overtly optimistic, but I think there has to be a "piece of the puzzle" that we don't have that might explain the seemingly bizzarre decisions behind the events, maybe they're planning to implement the GT League again later down the road or some new system for Menus, idk. The game has so many cars and so many tracks and yet the best thing they seem to be able to come up with every update is a 10 lap WTC700.
The only logical reason, is that PD is waiting to implement the new AI, so then they can add more events. Right now the existing events were made with the old, bad AI in mind, "balanced" with the usual "chase the rabbit" type races. If they replaced that AI with the Sophy, those races might be impossible to win legitimately.

But this is me trying to add some sense, thinking that when the new AI comes, PD should add a ton more events with it.

The only logical reason, is that PD is waiting to implement the new AI, so then they can add more events. Right now the existing events were made with the old, bad AI in mind, "balanced" with the usual "chase the rabbit" type races. If they replaced that AI with the Sophy, those races might be impossible to win legitimately.

But this is me trying to add some sense, thinking that when the new AI comes, PD should add a ton more events with it.
That's not logical. I'd assume that if you make a massive change to the AI you'd have to go back through and rebalance all the events, the fact that Sophy probably isn't going to be used to replace the current AI notwithstanding.

Besides, it seems unlikely that they're gonna stick Sophy into the game in the next six months. If they're avoiding making more events just to potentially avoid double handling at some indistinctly distant point in the future that feels pretty bad for the players sitting around waiting for months and months.

And anyway, what else is the person who does the career and game structure going to do while they wait for Sophy? Some "dailies" every week and a handful of Cafe sets a month? I work with some experts at phoning it in, but that would be next level.
I have massive issues with this game compared to GTS but for the life of me I don't understand this never ending thirst for offline content. How much time do you guys have on your hands? Jump into a SPORT race or Nations cup or whatever, man, i haven't even had a chance to finish the circuit tests yet.
Some people play Gran Turismo for the offline content. There's reasonable evidence for it even being most of them. For people who didn't start playing with GTS, that was considered the norm. The offline content was the core gameplay.

It's not really helpful to tell those people to jump online. That's not what they're here for. You might not feel the same, but you can understand that there are people out there that don't play the game the same way you do.

Personally i love the game and enjoying it. Grinding the 'big 4' events is fun just by switching up the cars everytime. Trying out different tunes that people come up with, it's so much fun.

But...

This last update... Pfeww. What a load of crap. The layouts are fine, the events are fine, rallycross they can stick that were the sun doesn't shine for my part. Nice addition of new cars.
Physics, need to do more testing with RWD cars, so far i like it a little bit less than it was before, but in the end it's personal preference.

The problem here is that many of us, including me keep comparing GT7 with the older games. Many have an emotional bond with this game/franchise and the way PD is treating us right now just makes my blood boiling. Most players already left the game behind when they earned the platinum trophy. Most here like playing the game for the cars, events, tuning... So we stick around.

They (PD) just cannot hide the fact that this whole monthly update thing, the whole ingame economy, not adding high payout events, not upgrading the payouts for custom races or online racing, is geared towards MTX. Why else would they re-evaluate prizes for the legend cars, but not giving us an option to earn credits in new ways?

Sell option. Yes i want it too. But let's be honest here. Will this be the solution for the fact that payouts are too low? If anything, whenever it will be implemented, it will give us probably peanuts in return. => more frustration on its way i guess.

Why can't they increase payouts for custom races? Oh yeah people would earn too much credits, which means they can buy cars they want equals nobody buying MTX.

Why is it so hard to increase payouts in online mode? See above.

Why does PD has to frustrate us with every update and not letting us enjoy this game to the fullest?

They can do what they want, they will never see any eurocent from me for buying MTX, no matter how low they set there payouts. I paid them when i bought the game on release and that's all they are getting from me.

So now bring those events, tracks and cars please!

Last edited:
I'm having a lot of fun with the rallycross layout. The physics aren't great, but they feel better than the traditional rally events. I hope they add more rallycross layouts of the current tracks. Spa, Nurburgring, Monza, Daytona, and Brands Hatch all have rallycross layouts IRL. I'd be pretty happy with BB Raceway, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, and Dragon Trail rallycross layouts too.

I have massive issues with this game compared to GTS but for the life of me I don't understand this never ending thirst for offline content. How much time do you guys have on your hands? Jump into a SPORT race or Nations cup or whatever, man, i haven't even had a chance to finish the circuit tests yet.
Most online racers suck way harder than the in-game AI does lol. For me Gran Turismo exists only as a single player campaign style game. To each their own though.

Also I'm not going to pay for a ****ing monthly PS+ subscription which would surpass the cost of the game at launch within a year. It's not much money but it feels totally predatory to me; it's the principal of the thing... I payed for the game so give me the game. If they want to adopt GaaS tactics then hand out the game for free. You don't get both.

The "thirst" for single player content is because compared to previous full releases, this release is severely lacking. Withholding content at release with the intention of drip feeding it later is disingenuous, and reducing the amount of content with the intention to push people into paying extra for online subscriptions is worse again.

Last edited:
Most online racers suck way harder than the in-game AI does lol. For me Gran Turismo exists only as a single player campaign style game. To each their own though.

Also I'm not going to pay for a ****ing monthly PS+ subscription which would surpass the cost of the game at launch within a year. It's not much money but it feels totally predatory to me; it's the principal of the thing... I payed for the game so give me the game. If they want to adopt GaaS tactics then hand out the game for free. You don't get both.

The "thirst" for single player content is because compared to previous full releases, this release is severely lacking. Withholding content at release with the intention of drip feeding it later is disingenuous, and reducing the amount of content with the intention to push people into paying extra for online subscriptions is worse again.
I don't understand, there's effectively unlimited offline content. WHy do you need PD to define the parameters? Just go to any track you like, select the cars, set the conditions, and race? It's all right there, what are you looking for? Menu books etc are just constricting your options, you have freedom to create as you please.

I don't understand, there's effectively unlimited offline content. WHy do you need PD to define the parameters? Just go to any track you like, select the cars, set the conditions, and race? It's all right there, what are you looking for? Menu books etc are just constricting your options, you have freedom to create as you please.
The problem is that custom races payouts are really small. So, you need to grind the same few events over and over again to afford buying the cars you need and customize them.

Seriously? Because it’s PD’s job as game developers to create engaging content for the playerbase and custom races payouts are abysmal. I don’t get this mentality that custom races are somehow the end-all, be-all replacement for good single player content. You’re just making excuses for PD to continue with these lackluster monthly updates.

Last edited:
The problem is that custom races payouts are really small. So, you need to grind the same few events over and over again to afford buying the cars you need and customize them.
That, and the AI being limited to ~95% throttle. Don't forget the AI always defaulting to hard tires too.

Also, it's not as big of a problem, but the "random" AI selection is based on the car's base PP instead of choosing from cars that are around the car's upgraded PP. Sometimes I don't want to pick from my garage, or I just don't have a good collection of cars around the same PP. The game should look at the car's current PP instead of its base PP to choose your AI opponents, otherwise you'll be racing like... well, most of the world circuit events.

Is the concept of a campaign/career mode in games an entirely new concept to you? I never mentioned menu books, they're rubbish. The pre-release press clearly stated this was going to be similar to the careers in previous releases. You're implying that this is somehow an unreasonable request to make now? Your other suggestion of just creating a custom race also does not constitute a career. That would be a soulless arcade racer.

It's great you're content with online mode and all, but you don't get to sit there and tell me what I want isn't justified simply because you don't personally want it also.

Don't be a daft ****

Last edited:
All you had to say is you want a career mode. Which is fine I guess, whatever rocks your boat. TBH I think there's a million other issues to sort out before worrying about content.

All you had to say is you want a career mode. Which is fine I guess, whatever rocks your boat. TBH I think there's a million other issues to sort out before worrying about content.
I disagree, an engaging single player campaign was promised when we were told GT7 was going back to the series roots and was the most complete GT to date.

A lot of what they've done is good, the physics are good, not the best but good, the wide bodies for most cars are great. But the single player races are seriously lacking, there's not really much of a single player career. That's what kills the game most for me.

I appreciate some people prefer online, that's fine, but GT7 was touted as the most complete GT to date and a return to roots for the series. It's neither.

Last edited:
You want a challenge? Try to do the impossible Bathurst Dire to tire GR3, it completely broke this Mission. Thanks PD. This is how you know they have no plan in mind 🤣
I found it fairly easy when I did it for the first time today.

The update is pretty good despite lacking in content (as always):

• Cars behave better in terms of oversteer. RWD cars can hold a slide for longer and AWD cars now only oversteer if you really want them to, as it should be.
  • UCD updated with fresh car colors last night. Fingers crossed it continues doing this.
  • Porsche 918 Spyder hybrid system now works, meaning the car has gotten faster and more responsive on the throttle.
  • Cosmetic damage appears to be a little more pronounced after low-impact collisions.
  • The three cars added are among the better additions so far.
  • Three additional layouts were a positive surprise after the mostly pointless 24h version of Spa a few months back.
So overall it’s quite a decent update, but the lack of fresh things to do remains a mood killer PD needs to start taking seriously. All those cars and such limited use for them. Tragic.

Last edited:
Seriously? Because it’s PD’s job as game developers to create engaging content for the playerbase and custom races payouts are abysmal. I don’t get this mentality that custom races are somehow the end-all, be-all replacement for good single player content. You’re just making excuses for PD to continue with these lackluster monthly updates.
It would be the end-all, be-all if payouts were better. I can create so many race scenarios in custom races that PD created events couldn't come close to.

Edit: the AI also needs fixing as they currently do not use 100% throttle and their tire choices are limited.

Last edited:
Ignore; rant incoming.

Just tried WTC 600 Tokyo with my (previously) guarenteed money maker, Ford Focus with engine swap, tuned to 599.65PP.

After the update it's now 612, medium tyres wear out so much faster and have less grip, used to coast to victory by 30+ seconds, now struggling to stay in 3rd as Suswillo's GT-R seems to have been fitted with rain defying tyres and rocket fuel. What the hell have PD done with this latest update to make the cars perform so ******? Even the Porsche 911 (991) struggles all of a sudden.

Last edited:
It would be the end-all, be-all if payouts were better. I can create so many race scenarios in custom races that PD created events couldn't come close to.
It would be ace if the payouts were better, but also if you could set the AI to be faster than the max setting in Custom Race currently allows (we know it can be faster), that would make it one of the best features in GT to date for me.

Last edited:
Back