GT7 Update Coming August 25

• Thread starter Kevster823
  • 1,162 comments
Ive said it before, it`s our own fault for buying it on release, I did, I should of waited for at least 2 years of updates before buying....
It's pretty clear that this is their pattern now. GT5, 6 and S were all pretty good games by end of life, but you got significantly more for significantly less if you bought in after a year or two. It was probably a third the price or less, with substantially more content and a lot of the frustrating bugs and design elements patched out. There was little reward for being an early adopter other than frustration. GT7 appears to be following the same trajectory.

Given that the last GT game that didn't do this was nearly 20 years ago in 2004 before live patches were even a thing, there's pretty clear advice for dealing with Polyphony games. They end up good, but if you want the best experience do not buy at release.

It's pretty clear that this is their pattern now. GT5, 6 and S were all pretty good games by end of life, but you got significantly more for significantly less if you bought in after a year or two. It was probably a third the price or less, with substantially more content and a lot of the frustrating bugs and design elements patched out. There was little reward for being an early adopter other than frustration. GT7 appears to be following the same trajectory.

Given that the last GT game that didn't do this was nearly 20 years ago in 2004 before live patches were even a thing, there's pretty clear advice for dealing with Polyphony games. They end up good, but if you want the best experience do not buy at release.
Except when Sport's and 7's servers shut down, we're basically left with a paperweight that can only play arcade mode.

Ive said it before, it`s our own fault for buying it on release, I did, I should of waited for at least 2 years of updates before buying....
Who knew though. Their promises were... well, promising. I bought PS5 purely for GT7, but it has been 5 weeks since I switched the PS5 and GT7 on. There is nothing to pull me back into the game at the moment. It seems like it was a waste of money. In my defence I have watched a couple of reviews prior to buying and both were very positive. This is the first Gran Turismo title that feels very meh to me (and I played them all, back to back, apart from GT Sport). Updates are more like slaps in the face to me at the moment. 6 months in and there is still nothing to do in the game apart from doing the same 3 races over and over again and collect cars that I cannot race anywhere.

I bought PS5 purely for GT7
I myself also had GT7 be a big weight on my decision to buy a PS5.

Thankfully, I also had Horizon FW, God of War, and other magnificent Sony exclusives to consider and be worth my PS5 buy. Played the heck out of HFW, got like 160 hours in it and did 2 playthroughs to get the 100% trophies and the platinum.

The grind to upgrade your Legendary gear in HFW is a big part of the game, and it was tedious at times, but, I was the one that chose it to be that way because there's an option in the game to make it far more easy to loot the parts for the upgrades. I just chose the hard way.

But that's the thing, the grind in HFW is dynamic (not doing the same thing over and over) and you can get rid of it almost entirely with an option in the game settings.
In GT7? You either drive the same race over and over until you lose your mind or... you use your wallet. Or you go at your own pace for literally thousands of hours...

Biggest mistake was indeed buying this at release. The first time in years I bought a game at launch and for a whooping 80€ at that. Never again with Gran Turismo. 4 games in a row where at release the game was an absolute disappointment. (GT5, GT6, GTS, GT7).

Last edited:
Except when Sport's and 7's servers shut down, we're basically left with a paperweight that can only play arcade mode.
We still don't know this. PD may be stupid in some cases but I don't think they are stupid enough to paperweight their own games.

Kaz has said he sees the value in revisiting older titles. No reason for that stance to exclude modern ones.

We still don't know this. PD may be stupid in some cases but I don't think they are stupid enough to paperweight their own games.

Kaz has said he sees the value in revisiting older titles. No reason for that stance to exclude modern ones.
Only thing about what he said was, it was after seeing World Tour players playing the past games. Had he not seen that, who knows where the franchise would be. It’s a blessing and a curse.

The game was moving forward, nearly differently. With a focused purpose. Kaz doesn’t do 180s. He scraps past plans, makes good ideas and comes up with half assed executions. It seems like Kaz was ready to move on, but the fan base didn’t want him to abandon the features all the games have. I’m not sure, I really don’t know, he understands how to complete a task now. Maybe he thinks he’s moving backwards. I honestly don’t know.

Well, yes. It rather spoils the mood somewhat. You don't want to buy early because the game isn't finished, and you don't want to buy late because you won't be able to play at all. You've gotta get in during that sweet two month window where the game is at it's best.
I mean, GT5 and 6 have big bits missing from them because of server shutdowns. They're far from paperweights, but they're also not fully functional. And that was done very, very quickly after the launch of the following games.

With how they've designed the always online features for GTS and particularly GT7, it doesn't seem like accessibility is their core concern. There's a real chance they just shut the servers down and call it a day, even though that's a horrible idea.

We'll see what happens when they inevitably shut down the servers for GTS. Traditionally we'd have been approaching that point about now, but I think the online issues with GT7 might have delayed that.
Not to be impolite, but we could write a novel about all the **** Kaz says. He's happy and willing to spout on about all sorts of things that sound amazing. He has a relatively poor reputation for actually delivering.

Just because he's said he sees value in revisiting older titles (and if I remember, he had to have it pointed out to him that people actually still like those games) doesn't mean that he'll actually do anything with that information. Or that if he does it'll be something sensible. This is the guy who cut prize rewards in GT7 as he said he wanted people not to have to grind, for all we know he'll permablock all PSN accounts from playing old GT games with a vague promise to publish remastered versions in the future.

Let's speak the truth and be objectively practical. PD's update work is bizarrely palliative and uses diversionary schemes to give the feeling that the game is being updated.

Porsche Cayman GT4 is exactly the same car as the Cayman GT4 Gr.4.

With the exception of the RX tracing, Montmeló's new tracings were already digitized.

And as for the MP4/4, what's the point of bringing an Official Formula 1 car, if this car will only be used for Time Attack and in a race of MP4/4 clones?

Honestly, I don't mean to offend anyone, but damn... it's a TERRIBLE content management.
Exactly, I'm not excited.

Concerning F1 cars in GT games, their an welcomed experience, but I'm over it.

PD's Formula and Indy cars were a cool addition from GT 3 - GT 4, allowing us to experience cars that were considered to be the peak of automobile performance in the game. The addition of the Ferrari F1's in GT5 was also welcomed, though by this point they were really over shadowed by the red bull which unlike the Ferrari's, were actually utilised in events and what not.

The way I see it, one off Formula cars in GT (and it always will be a one off) are doomed to become time trial fiends. Simply because it's GT not EA's F1. What would be cool, is if PD were to design their own 2022/beyond F1 car. Even still you'll be having races with just clones like you said. Far from what F1 is even supposed to be about. So again you might as well just utilise the red bull cars.

PD's smartest move was adding the super formula cars back in sport though. It works for PD as it's a spec series with the only diversity being two engine suppliers. More could be done with this category, in by way of events. Imagine, how cool would it be for the GT franchise to gain a long term licensing from JRP (Japanese Race Promotion), and as consumers knowing that at some point every new GT iteration will bring with it updated SF and perhaps too GT500 cars:cool:.

Even if custom races paid well and had the AI available at max, it is STILL not a replacement for a curated career mode.

You can't create a sense of a progression, you can't create championships, and you can't award yourself prize cars. Also not that PD does this now, but you can't create any kind of story or progression with cut scenes, building up a racing team, getting a bigger garage, that sort of stuff is what makes a curated career fun and engaging.

Entering your own races with no name and winning just isn't the same as completing a gruelling 10 race GT World Championship series and being awarded a surprise, awesome car at the end, with it also counting towards your completion of the game.

There needs to be both. Custom racing is always supplemental.
That is very true although i still think if they would up the payouts you could at least feel a sense of progression in the form of earnings and progressing the game that way by being able to buy certain cars without tedious grinding. People would set up much more interesting custom races that pay well with good AI that's a lot of fun to do.

As for building up a raceteam, getting a bigger garage.... It's frustrating if you know that PD already has such a thing called B Spec. If they would just focus on building this mode out they would kill it on that part of the game. I would play the hell out of that mode personally.

It's a shame that with the few events that were added after launch, not a single championship was added. They would have the perfect opportunity to do so with the MP4/4 now and the fact that we have to collect GR2 cars but there are no races for it....

That's what large parts of the game feel like. I mean, how can you go five years of development and six months of patching and STILL only have one race available on Monza and Bathurst? Did they forget they exist?
Even worst is their attitude completely ignoring some problems. Really curious to know if some of them read what their main community(gtplanet) think about GT7. It is seriously no sense and frustrating

and perhaps too GT500 cars:cool:.
I hope so. Super GT are at the second half of the season and nothing from the GT500 class. They did the same in GT Sport. About five months after release, but those were 2016 cars. Those possibly could have been earlier since that game was delayed. However, the 2022 Season started in April. If we look at the six month modelling rule, it’ll be about October, if we do get those cars.

Just try taking it easy on the corners, the lowest gear I used is 3rd gear. Try coasting around the corner and just cruise around, by the 5-7 laps you'll be passing the AIs because they're also driving slower to conserve their tyres (with minimal luck, they slide everywhere). By the 9 lap you should caught up to the leader with a little bit of white left.
ill keep at this when i get my controller fixed by sony, i just sent out today and since this was my last mission i had to do, I was trying to figure out if i could finally complete it but now i have no choice to wait it out and see what PEC(sony’s warranty company) tells me. My controller’s button kept sticking and it’s less than a month old considering it’s the new A model also. Oh well such is life thank you though!!

Last edited:
I noticed the 911 RSR was way more stable when I used it last night. Maybe I should try more MR cars?
I watched his full stream. The MR cars, according to Tidgney, feel so much better. He was back in the groove and got his competitive instinct back.

That is very true although i still think if they would up the payouts you could at least feel a sense of progression in the form of earnings and progressing the game that way by being able to buy certain cars without tedious grinding. People would set up much more interesting custom races that pay well with good AI that's a lot of fun to do.

As for building up a raceteam, getting a bigger garage.... It's frustrating if you know that PD already has such a thing called B Spec. If they would just focus on building this mode out they would kill it on that part of the game. I would play the hell out of that mode personally.

It's a shame that with the few events that were added after launch, not a single championship was added. They would have the perfect opportunity to do so with the MP4/4 now and the fact that we have to collect GR2 cars but there are no races for it....
Hopefully they change the fact that when you race against cars from your garage it gives them whatever tires the car came with when you bought it 🤦‍♂️. Thats got to be one the dumbest game design choices ever, seriously mind boggling. If they fixed it there would be hours worth of fun on tap.

Racing hard should be stick. Softer from that will go original tire instead.
Hopefully they change the fact that when you race against cars from your garage it gives them whatever tires the car came with when you bought it 🤦‍♂️. Thats got to be one the dumbest game design choices ever, seriously mind boggling. If they fixed it there would be hours worth of fun on tap.

Last edited:
There are so many things they could change to improve the game massively and that wouldn't take much time. As i said before, i'm really enjoying the game, but it's shame PD doesn't listen to their fans and are not being transparant with future updates. This game has so much potential...

There are so many things they could change to improve the game massively and that wouldn't take much time. As i said before, i'm really enjoying the game, but it's shame PD doesn't listen to their fans and are not being transparant with future updates. This game has so much potential...
Yep. completely agree 100%, some of the things would be very easy yet make a big difference

Back