600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
United States
United States
WrecklessAbandon
Welcome to my 600PP road car shootout, hope you have some fun.

ferrarrif4302008031024x.jpg
orangesaleens7.jpg
viperacr082.jpg

Cars:
Any road car tuned to 600PP to be driven at Indianapolis Road Course & Speedway. Racing cars & Tuner cars are not allowed. "Street" cars with the option for more than 15 front downforce are not allowed.

Track(s):

Cars will be driven on BOTH, Indianapolis Speedway and the Road Course.
indygp.jpg

Tires:
Racing Medium (R2)

Tuner Submission Deadline:
Saturday, August 27th 11:59PM EDT

Driver Testing Deadline:
Wednesday, September 7th 11:59PM EDT

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Contest Specifics:
Tuners are allowed to enter as test drivers.
Tuners must place their car/tune on share, it does not matter who shares the car/tune, just that it is known who is hosting the shared car/tune, and all cars/tunes shared by the tuner submission deadline.
It is each contestant's job to ensure I have the proper PSN listed in post #2 for what PSN their own tune will be shared on, and drivers for what PSN they will be driving/testing with.
Power limiter is limited to 2.5%.
Weight/ballast tuning is not limited.
Cars will be driven offline (cannot go online with a shared car:()
Grip reduction real, ABS as stated in tune, if not stated ABS:1 is considered default.
No Skid Recovery Force, Active Steering, or ASM for any cars, even if specified in tune.
Drivers must submit all times in one post, going back and updating as needed is perfectly fine. Please do not make multiple posts for multiple car/tune times.
While test drivers are free to start as soon as tunes/cars are available, test drivers are asked not to post any times until the tuning deadline has arrived.
If any test driver needs to post reviews earlier, they may PM me their review/times before deadline, in which case I will make their reviews post for them after the deadline. ( I know from experience trying to remember or write everything down can be a serious pain :lol: )

Friend Requests: It is everyone's responsibility to make sure they have adequate room on their friends list, if someone sends you a friend request and your list is full, the burden is yours to add them, or risk potential disqualification. I want to keep this fun for everyone, and waiting until the last minute to finally have the ability to test a car doesn't work out well for anyone.

Standardized rules
1) Each tuner may submit one car tune for the challenge.
2)There is a 600 PP limit on all cars.
3)Power Limiter is limited to 2.5% for cars to meet the PP limit.
4)Racing Medium tires only.
5)No Race Modified or Race Cars!(and yes race cars includes Rally types!:)
6)All car tunes must be submitted here no later than the deadline.
7)Test drivers will test cars on both tracks.
8)Test drivers have the responsibility to test all cars as the tuner writes them up, including all gear settings and LSD settings. The tuners must place the car on share or send it to the test drivers.
9)Tuners may enter as test drivers in this shootout.
10)The average of the drivers times will be used to determine the Shootout winner.
11)All drivers must submit valid times for all car tunes entered in the event here no later than the deadline, unfortunately drivers that cannot complete all tests by deadline will have to have their times removed, as partial testing will alter final results for some cars and not others.
12)Arrangements for payouts to prize winners will start after results are listed as final.
13) While discussion of the various cars tunes and the methods drivers use in testing as well as their reviews of said car tunes is encouraged, anything viewed as a personal attack on either the car tuner or the driver/reviewer may constitute grounds for disqualification/removal from the contest. Discussion of anything related to the contest is highly encouraged. Personal attacks and bickering/flaming will not be tolerated as this curtails the enjoyment of the community as a whole and could lead to the moderators steping in and closing the contest down. This can be an enjoyable experience for all of us and a possible learning experience. Let's have fun and be respectful of others.

No bashing of tunes or drivers, if you're unhappy with a tune, feel free to say so in your write-up, also make sure to list why/what you dislike, in a friendly and courteous manner. If you are unhappy with a test time, you're welcome to say so in a friendly and courteous manner once. I will do my best to read each post as I usually do anyway, any post can be found, so there will be no need to repeat a complaint.
Back and forth bickering will not be tolerated, and will be reported immediately.
Allowing tuners to also test drive is a test, hopefully it works out well, so we can continue to do so in the future. It is up to each individual to see that it works well. Of course, any obvious sandbagging of another tuners car may result in disqualification of driver times.

Prizes: (CSLACR not eligible)
Tuners - Fastest will be determined by the average laps of all test drivers.
Fastest Combined Average: 2 items off prize list.
Fastest @ Speedway: 1 item off prize list.
Fastest @ Road Course: 1 item off prize list list.
Driver's Choice: 1 item off prize list.

Testers - 'Total Time' is combined time for all cars on both tracks.
Fastest Total Time: 2 Items off prize list.
Fastest Lap @ Speedway: 1 item off prize list.
Fastest Lap @ Road Course: 1 item off prize list.

Prize List: Any tradable premium car, or level 21, 22, 23, 24, 2008, 2009, 2010 Car Tickets.
Milldrum has offered to be a co-sponser, offering these possible extras: Level/Ticket 1000, 9,12,17,21,22,23,24,'67,'00, base rally, historic rally, & Classic Muscle Car ticket

I reserve the right to change any details and deadlines of this contest at any time, though I have no plans to change the deadlines for any reason outside of major PSN outages, etc.

Last edited:
Tuners:

Praiano63 - PSN: Praiano63
TOMMY KAIRA ZZII ’00
XDesperado67 - PSN: XDesperado67
Cadillac Cien Concept '02 "Phantom"
C-ZETA - PSN: V16T91
Lamborghini Murcielago LP720-4 TerminalVeloce-ity '11
Milldrum - PSN: GT-HO-FALCON
Audi Nuvolari Quattro '03 (Passionate Pink)
GfxJG - PSN: GfxJG
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
krenkme - PSN: krenkme
Chrysler 300C
bigberry - PSN: bigberry
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
VTiRoj - PSN: RoJJieE
Ferrari 458 Indy
Dylans1o - PSN: Dylan_95_09
Lamborghini Murcielago
CSLACR - PSN: GTP_CSL
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R-Tronic '07
CyKosis1973 - PSN: CyKosis1973
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
akmuq - PSN: GTP_akmuq
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
ACSR421 - PSN: acsr421
Ford GT '05 "no stripe"
brave bear - PSN: iklatun
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
DigitalBaka - PSN: DigitalBaka
Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09
raVer - PSN: GTP_CSL (hosted)
Aston Martin Vantage '99
madmyk - PSN: madmyk
Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09
dr_slump - PSN: the_dr_slump
nissan gt-r specv gt academy version '09

Testers:

zero_speed - PSN: D3MONIC_Z3RO_

smrtb0mb - PSN: GTP_smrtb0mb

XDesperado67 - PSN: XDesperado67

bigberry - PSN: bigberry

DigitalBaka - PSN: DigitalBaka

Praiano63 - PSN: Praiano63

Ealirendur - PSN:

tris_73 - PSN: TRIS_73

CyKosis1973 - PSN: CyKosis1973

If anyone needs a host:
Milldrum - PSN: GT-HO-FALCON
tris_73 - PSN: TRIS_73

Last edited:
Results.

Test drivers
Fastest Total Time: CSLACR
Fastest Lap @ Speedway: Praiano
Fastest Lap @ Road Course: zero_speed

Tunes/Cars
Fastest Combined Average: CSLACR
Fastest @ Speedway: Desperado
Fastest @ Road Course: ACSR421
Driver's Choice: ACSR421

Last edited:
Okay here is where your going to find Ol'Harvey Wallbanger's pathetic excuses for lap times. I'm using a ds3 and driving with an automatic transmission. Driving line is on along with abs1 and when the tuner calls for it tcs. I'll continue with testing and updating times until the deadline so hopefully you'll see at least a slight improvement in times as I gain familiarity with the courses and the cars. At some point I'll try and give a short summary of how I feel each car drives but no guarantees on that.

So without further ado here are the Wallbanger's times.

Praiano63 - TOMMY KAIRA ZZII ’00:
Road Course: 1:30.562 Speedway: 50.088

XDesperado67 - Cadillac Cien Concept '02:
Road Course:1:30.726 Speedway: 48.607

C-ZETA - Lamborghini Murcielago LP720-4:
Road Course: 1:30.846 Speedway: 50.977

Milldrum - Audi Nuvolari Quattro '03:
Road Course: 1:32.070 Speedway: 52.089

GfxJG - Nissan GT-R SpecV '09:
Road Course:1:30.735 Speedway: 51.694

krenkme - Chrysler 700C:
Road Course: 1:34.512 Speedway: 52.817

bigberry - Ferrari 430 Scuderia:
Road Course: 1:32.203 Speedway: 50.813

VTiRoj - Ferrari 458 Indy:
Road Course: 1:31.774 Speedway: 50.529

Dylans1o - Lamborghini Murcielago:
Road Course: 1:30.900 Speedway: 50.749

CSLACR - Audi R8 4.2 FSI R-Tronic '07:
Road Course: 1:29.597 Speedway: 49.814

CyKosis1973 - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10:
Road Course: 1:31.603 Speedway: 52.291

akmuq - Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren:
Road Course:1:35.032 Speedway: 53.330

ACSR421 - Ford GT '05 "no stripe":
Road Course:1:30.404 Speedway: 50.416

brave bear - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02:
Road Course:1:34.299 Speedway: 52.982

DigitalBaka - Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV '09:
Road Course:1:30.917 Speedway: 50.747

raVer - Aston Martin Vantage '99:
Road Course:1:37.069 Speedway: 53.956

madmyk - Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09:
Road Course:1:31.822 Speedway: 51.447

dr_slump - nissan gt-r specv gt academy version '09:
Road Course:1:30.359 Speedway: 51.233

Going to climb on my soap box one last time here...
Several cars had their times affected by the fact that they either didn't have a fresh oil change/engine rebuild prior to being placed on share or because they were not fully broken in prior to placing on share. Changing HP means changing speeds making it very difficult to get maximum potential from a car when testing. Exiting the track to try and adjust the published tune to keep it at 600PP or swaping in and out of a car repeatedly means I can't get the run of laps where I can try pushing at each spot for that little extra I missed on a previous lap. Sorry folks but that's just how it is for me.

Overall these are all excellent tunes with a couple that were simply outstanding for me.
Although not my drivers choice brave bear's RX-7 Spirit R Type A was my favorite car because of its driver friendliness and the fact that it was really taking on cars above its class and not showing badly for it.
C-ZETA gets my vote for best of the Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloces. All three of them are outstanding tunes on an exceptional car just found C-ZETA's the most comfortable fit for my driving style.
Dr_slumps GT-R is my pick from among the three GT-Rs, that said Doc I still don't like the car.:D
My runner up for Drivers choice and the car that had the best overall performance for me is CSLACR's Audi R8. Quick, precise, totally competent and its probably that competence that keeps it from being my drivers choice as it lacks that little extra zing in the driving experience when running on the edge. Pushed to the limit and you still feel like your out on a Sunday cruise with the missus or heading off for work, no muss no fuss. German efficiency on display.

So for my drivers choice I turn to ACSR421's Ford GT. You have to work a little harder to get the best out of this car than CSLACR's R8, but in return you get that thrill of knowing and feeling that your riding that fine line of control right at the limit of a magnificent machine. It won't punish you the way some other cars here will if your off but it still feels alive and bursting with speed. Great Car great tune!👍👍

Last edited:
Very good madame ,it's not a track i know good but it'll be the oportunity to learn it. I'll begin to look for a car right now. :):)

TIRES ???

Last edited:
Hmmm I've got this insane RS6...but it has a lot of input from others. Then there's the maxed out Pikes Peak...but why do the same car twice in a row.:boggled:
Must see about finding something unusual to enter with!:crazy:

XDesperado67
Hmmm I've got this insane RS6...but it has a lot of input from others. Then there's the maxed out Pikes Peak...but why do the same car twice in a row.:boggled:
Must see about finding something unusual to enter with!:crazy:

I was planning an RS6 as well. Damned mind readers :grumpy:

I'm in for this as tuner BTW. ;)

I was planning an RS6 as well. Damned mind readers :grumpy:

I'm in for this as tuner BTW. ;)
Have at the RS6 Avant '08 if you want. As I said my Grüner Walddrache has had a lot of input from fellow tuners and test drivers so I won't be entering it.

XDesperado67
Have at the RS6 Avant '08 if you want. As I said my Grüner Walddrache has had a lot of input from fellow tuners and test drivers so I won't be entering it.

Right then. I might do a bit of testing for other cars at 600PP with just stock settings to see how well they can potentially do...then I'll find the best and work some tuning muscles. :D

Hmm maybe its time to inject some more FF madness and strike terror with a maxed out SRT4...:crazy::lol:

My home track I know this better than Laguna, 50-57 around 500 and 1.30's on road course. MOREEE POWERRRRR!!! (my best Clarkson impression) I'm in as a test driver, can't wait.

Indy

Indy_Racerfan @ PSN

Last edited:
Updated with more information, a little more work left, feel free to start tuning whenever you like. Just remember if it can have more than 15 front downforce, it's not eligible, hopefully this will keep a fairly level playing field for multiple cars.

I have a lot of car that i can't low to 600 pp with 2,5 % only. All my cars are tuned to the max and the engine 3 is impossible to remove. Some more able to compete are dificult to find in UCD, i don't think there is any advantage to use the power limiter with a higher value ? I never see any diference in performance. with 60% or 97,5%....
So if the rule stay this one not everybody will be able to use or at least to test the car he want . there is a lot of cars in the same second.

So, 2,5% is definitive ? or this can be reviewed ??

Something else, the tune for the speed test on the oval square track must be the same tune, can we modify only the gears??

Last edited:
I have a lot of car that i can't low to 600 pp with 2,5 % only. All my cars are tuned to the max and the engine 3 is impossible to remove. Some more able to compete are dificult to find in UCD, i don't think there is any advantage to use the power limiter with a higher value ? I never see any diference in performance. with 60% or 97,5%....
So if the rule stay this one not everybody will be able to use or at least to test the car he want . there is a lot of cars in the same second.

So, 2,5% is definitive ? or this can be reviewed ??

Something else, the tune for the speed test on the oval square track must be the same tune, can we modify only the gears??
"One tune, to rule them all".....:lol: I hate the movies but it's funny anyway. :D

I see your problem with un-removable mods, and a high power limiter can hurt performance, I just hate the way the cars drive with neutering.
My problem with limiting comes in when more power is intentionally added than needed, just to make a cars bad powerband good. (Or using cars to fast to enter the proper bracket) Obviously in your case these wouldn't be the reason, but allowing more opens up the possibility for everyone.
I'll be more than happy to keep my eyes out for any and all standard cars in the UCD to send out, though I'm not convinced any standard cars will have a shot in this, they have a bad track record in these shootouts.

"One tune, to rule them all".....:lol: I hate the movies but it's funny anyway. :D

I see your problem with un-removable mods, and a high power limiter can hurt performance, I just hate the way the cars drive with neutering.
My problem with limiting comes in when more power is intentionally added than needed, just to make a cars bad powerband good. (Or using cars to fast to enter the proper bracket) Obviously in your case these wouldn't be the reason, but allowing more opens up the possibility for everyone.
I'll be more than happy to keep my eyes out for any and all standard cars in the UCD to send out, though I'm not convinced any standard cars will have a shot in this, they have a bad track record in these shootouts.

Ok no problems, i understand. I have my car already, but with engine 3 my limiter is 9%. I'll try with my friends ( So good i have a lot) to see if they have my car. i hope that after this braking or not will not change the limiter , 2,5% is very short, very very short.

:):)👍 okokok. Good night madame.

I think I'll join this one again as a tester. Not too crazy about the oval laps, but I guess I can survive :P

Hoping there are some Z06's or ZR1's :)

Wow, interesting! Definitely need to have a well balanced car to run on both. Can't wait to see what crops up!

I take it by tuner cars you are excluding Mine's, Spoon, RUF, etc. as well as the GT special cars.

I think I'll join this one again as a tester. Not too crazy about the oval laps, but I guess I can survive :P

Hoping there are some Z06's or ZR1's :)
The great thing about oval laps is they're fast and easy to complete.

I know same car, both events. But, same tune for road and oval? Love it, count me in!:dopey:
The interesting thing is, the idea only struck me when I was looking at the picture to upload it for the track, when I was making the OP.
Should give the speed demons a chance this way. :D

Wow, interesting! Definitely need to have a well balanced car to run on both. Can't wait to see what crops up!

I take it by tuner cars you are excluding Mine's, Spoon, RUF, etc. as well as the GT special cars.
RUF's are fine, as they are built from scratch by RUF, and not actually tuner cars by definition.

I am down...as a tester! I look forward to driving. Count me in.
I guess everyone's changing it up now, good to have you on board.

On or Off line?
Unfortunately off-line, I wanted online for something new, but shared cars cannot be taken online at all.

If everyone would double check post #2 to make sure I have the proper PSN they'll be using, it may help.

I would like to join in as a Tuner, Host and a Sponsor. My PSN ID: GT-HO-FALCON is the one I will be using. I have sent a PM about the sponsorship.

I will submit a tune as soon as I can. I have a plan that I think will work. ;)

I can also host 5 other cars if people would like me to. Then the testers only need to be my friend. (PM me if you would like me to host any of your cars.)

I will not commit to tester or tuner for this one yet. I need to try a few cars. If no one has any objections, I can volunteer to help procure a car for a tuner who needs one. Often an unmodified car is needed for these situations, as one's favorite may be beyond the limits here. Send me a FR if needed. Cheers.

Updated OP -
While test drivers are free to start as soon as tunes/cars are available, test drivers are asked not to post any times until the tuning deadline has arrived.
If any test driver needs to post reviews earlier, they may PM me their review/times before deadline, in which case I will make their reviews post for them after the deadline. ( I know from experience trying to remember or write everything down can be a serious pain :lol: )
This is asked to ensure it doesn't influence entrants entries. Of course, if scheduling demands require differently, test drivers can PM me their reviews/times ahead of the deadline and I can make their reviews post.

Back